Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I am interested to see what you will need to get and how you will get this install final to the side of the seat. I mean from the top of where the air outlet is to a usable solution to plugging in air hose if that makes sense.

I have the early Kansas JL under the hood version that is working great but to get it out of the elements and in the vehicle would be better. I just never liked the other places so far available.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I decided to go with the portable route. No mounting. I don't run air lockers and won't be airing down unless something is unpassable on a hunting trip. I actually have a Viair 440 portable, but I'm looking for something smaller.

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I decided to go with the portable route. No mounting. I don't run air lockers and won't be airing down unless something is unpassable on a hunting trip. I actually have a Viair 440 portable, but I'm looking for something smaller.
That’s the route I went. Got a smittybilt 2781 for $134. Seems comparable to the single ARB in speed. I’d like have an air compressor mounted but none of the options available appealed to me and overall cost was way more.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
That’s the route I went. Got a smittybilt 2781 for $134. Seems comparable to the single ARB in speed. I’d like have an air compressor mounted but none of the options available appealed to me and overall cost was way more.
Thanks for the tip here. The smittybilt may be a good option. The reviews seem to suggest that it’s robust and reliable. And, with 5CFM, it delivers a lot of volume compared to many portables. Thanks again, I may go with this ..... the price is good and the “install” is zero.

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I have and still love the Kansas underhood bracket. very innovative, and so far no issues at all. Great to have air and not have to sacrifice other much needed space. the install was a little tricky, but pretty easy once I figured out a good way, was able to do it by myself prety quickly.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
DV8 is making an under hood mount now as well. Interested in this one as it looks like it's down low enough to keep away from most of the heat.

Lazygreek

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Hello, Question. I'm looking for some help to install the ARB Twin Air Comp. in the back with the MORE bracket. What supplies do I need, like gauge of wire ? And am I just extend the red/black to the front by the battery ?

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, Question. I'm looking for some help to install the ARB Twin Air Comp. in the back with the MORE bracket. What supplies do I need, like gauge of wire ? And am I just extend the red/black to the front by the battery ?
You need two red wires and one black. I used 8 gauge to match what they had(i think it was 8) One fuse on each red wire.

Lazygreek

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need two red wires and one black. I used 8 gauge to match what they had(i think it was 8) One fuse on each red wire.

If I'm understanding, I need to extend 2 red and 1 black? and run 2 fuse's (what kind of fuse, 40amp?) to the red lines ? black goes to negative on battery ? and the 2 red one? positive on the red battery, and the 2nd ?

And then, when I run the wires, most likely through clutch hole, does it need to be sealed with something ?

and to extend. Solder the wires and heatshrink the joint ?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm understanding, I need to extend 2 red and 1 black? and run 2 fuse's (what kind of fuse, 40amp?) to the red lines ? black goes to negative on battery ? and the 2 red one? positive on the red battery, and the 2nd ?

And then, when I run the wires, most likely through clutch hole, does it need to be sealed with something ?

and to extend. Solder the wires and heatshrink the joint ?
Originally mine was the arb portable. I took it out of the box and hard mounted it in the back. I cut up the plug for power and ran both reds and the black through a grommet under the passengers dash and ran it through the plastic wire channel along the doors and up into the rear. I then re spliced the original plug back onto the end for easy connect and disconnect. The red wires came with the fuses already on them, i just cut them off and spliced them into my new longer wires(soldered).

Both reds go to the positive terminal and the black goes to the negative, or a good ground source. I believe they were 30 or 40 or 50 amp each.i dont remember. It comes with them.

I wrapped the whole length of wire in electical tape just for a bit of protection and the parts that were exposed i put the half cut black corrugated plastic wrap around. Make sure to put the two fuses as close to the battery as possible.

Yes always solder and heatshrink when you can. If not use crimp connectors and tape them or heatshrink them well.

Lazygreek

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Originally mine was the arb portable. I took it out of the box and hard mounted it in the back. I cut up the plug for power and ran both reds and the black through a grommet under the passengers dash and ran it through the plastic wire channel along the doors and up into the rear. I then re spliced the original plug back onto the end for easy connect and disconnect. The red wires came with the fuses already on them, i just cut them off and spliced them into my new longer wires(soldered).

Both reds go to the positive terminal and the black goes to the negative, or a good ground source. I believe they were 30 or 40 or 50 amp each.i dont remember. It comes with them.

I wrapped the whole length of wire in electical tape just for a bit of protection and the parts that were exposed i put the half cut black corrugated plastic wrap around. Make sure to put the two fuses as close to the battery as possible.

Yes always solder and heatshrink when you can. If not use crimp connectors and tape them or heatshrink them well.

Thank you for your help !!