Link

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Does your V6 have e torque?
I called 813 last year and sent them pictures. After facetiming them they determined it would not work with the eTorque. Maybe they changed something, but they told me they had no plans to produce one.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

To my knowledge, the manual transmissions did not come with eTorque. You can see the battery hanging down between the frame rails on the drivers side. Plus you will have 3 coolant bottles on the drivers side under the hood.

Sponsored

traxtion

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Manual Rubicon
Installed the single compressor to the engine cover mount today. Mounting the hardware was very easy - I removed the bracket from the compressor and installed that first, then re-attached the compressor and turned it until it was flat. Wired the main power and pressure switch into the compressor, wired to the included relay, and then the red wire to Aux 1 (tan wire) in engine bay. There is very slightly audible tone at stoplights when ESS is active that the engine cover was masking. I highly recommend this approach.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor C0B94BC2-6E95-4EC5-8C56-44E4334864BF

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
I have the AAL ARB compressor mount and remote kit. Keep in mind that unless you hack up the floor and rear cargo cover it will not fit properly. Notching the side panels to run the lines and wire is not a big deal but the top mounted air line is. It hits the factory carpeted cargo cover. Some might be fine with that but it was enough pressure that I was not comfortable putting anything heavy in the rear. I have the M.A.S.S platform on order now, which will fix this issue along with make the install much cleaner and easier.
Yeah, I realized this last night during my install. I’m pretty disappointed that stuff isn’t mentioned in their site BEFORE I drop hundreds of dollars on their mounts. I’m not too worried about cutting a hole in the trim, it’s that the air lines just sit beneath the cargo line you mentioned. Any real weight on that and the compressor is useless. Will likely sell and look for something else. I’d mount under the hood, but it’s already a tight fit with the 3.0!
Thanks for the heads up.

rbkat

First Name
Rees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangle Rubicon
I just received my Arb underseat Mount and was looking over things before I started the install. I noticed that I have extra wiring under my passenger seat?! Would this mount still work? I don’t want to start something and then find out it’s not going to work. It’s a 2021 JLUR ecodiesel with heated seats. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor C0B94BC2-6E95-4EC5-8C56-44E4334864BF
I have a 2021 JLUR with the 3.6L engine (gas) and eTorque/BSG with auto trans (48volt battery in driver's side rear of vehicle). The same wiring is under the front passenger side of the vehicle. Just wondering if Jack_mJLU or anyone else installed the ARB twin compressor under the driver's side using the ARB mount?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I mine under the drivers seat. The wires that are attached under the seat snagged with the seat adjusted all the way down if you slid it back and forth. I sit low and my wife is shorter so it gets slid back and forth. I added a couple of washers under the back bolts for the seat and it raised it enough to clear the wires. The wires in your picture did not interfere with anything in my install.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

NOt sure why I am not seeing a lot of love for the under passenger seat mount from ARB - it seems like it would be ideal. Am i missing something? https://arbusa.com/air-compressors/on-board-air-compressors/
Just preference. A couple of pro's for me on Drivers side.

• I have to get out anyway and having it on my side means that I don't have to leave the passenger door open. Only a big deal if someone is sitting there and it is hot or cold.
  • More room below the body to mount an aux air tank if I want to add one in.
  • I sit with the seat all the way back so I rarely have someone behind me. The rear passengers first choice is behind the passenger seat. If I picked the passenger side there is a bit of leg room lost for people with big feet. It also blocks the A/C output a bit to the rear.
  • There is a ground mount close by and the ignition wire can be tapped into via the door harness.
Con for me is that I had to play around with the seat bolt a bit to add a washer in for clearance under seat. And you need slightly longer cable to reach the batteries.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Just preference. A couple of pro's for me on Drivers side.

• I have to get out anyway and having it on my side means that I don't have to leave the passenger door open. Only a big deal if someone is sitting there and it is hot or cold.
  • More room below the body to mount an aux air tank if I want to add one in.
  • I sit with the seat all the way back so I rarely have someone behind me. The rear passengers first choice is behind the passenger seat. If I picked the passenger side there is a bit of leg room lost for people with big feet. It also blocks the A/C output a bit to the rear.
  • There is a ground mount close by and the ignition wire can be tapped into via the door harness.
Con for me is that I had to play around with the seat bolt a bit to add a washer in for clearance under seat. And you need slightly longer cable to reach the batteries.
I had to cut the back legs to lower my drivers seat so I could fit in this Jeep, I guess you answered my question then..... THANKS!

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I had to cut the back legs to lower my drivers seat so I could fit in this Jeep, I guess you answered my question then..... THANKS!
Yes, you will want to put it under the passenger side for sure. There are some plugs attached to the bottom of the seat that got in the way for me. I had to move them and add in a washer. No way it would work with cut brackets. I rarely have my family in the backseat as we have other vehicles and when they are back there it is much better than the space they had in my TJ!

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Just finished up my install. I went under the passenger seat with the Innovative mount. It is nothing you have not seen before in this thread.

but...

The payoff was my wife responded with a firm... "it's not that bad". (Loose translation: "this is great, i love it...make any future mods you want!")

...she didn't seem to mind the slight vibration either.

:like:

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Installed a single ARB HO compressor in the wheel well using "Way of Life" ACB bracket of my 2021 JLUR with manual transmission. The compressor mounts right below the brake booster. No issues and no spacers required. No drilling required. Took a couple hours. Read his posted instructions and followed his YouTube video. Installed the one meter extension hose to front bumper. Slipped a 5" length of bicycle innertube over the chuck to keep any mud out of the chuck. The compressor works great on stock K02 33" tires. Takes about 1 min 20 seconds to inflated from 18 to 35 psi per tire. No noise in the jeep. No loss of interior space. Wire to Aux 4. So far, so good. I purchased all the components via the link in his YouTube video.

I am planning to follow the same route, was it too painful to remove the fender?
Sponsored