First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
For approximately the same money and not having to source from different places and fabricate anything, I’ll do it the easy way. But everyone can do whatever floats their boat.

Also, the Haltec air chucks are standard equipment now. I have them. They are much better than the other type that used to be standard.
Really they are included now? I was at their site and they are still listed as an option.

Have you had any problems with the hose exiting the compressor melting? ARB strongly recommends a couple feet of stainless braid hose coming out the exit due to air temperature which is where the IJK uses a plastic T and poly hose.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Really they are included now? I was at their site and they are still listed as an option.

Have you had any problems with the hose exiting the compressor melting? ARB strongly recommends a couple feet of stainless braid hose coming out the exit due to air temperature which is where the IJK uses a plastic T and poly hose.
I just bought this and installed it. Yes the wheels chucks are included. NO WAY that poly will get hot enough inside the cab. I had poly in the engine bay and yes was too hot there and I added some steel braided but under the seat it won't get hot enough. Also the air vent blows right on it so turn on the AC if you think it is too hot.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

I suppose it’s POSSIBLE but I haven’t stressed it to that point as yet. I’ve used mine a handful of times for tire inflation. My Jeep and 2 other Jeeps. Inflating from about 15 psi to 30-35. So it only been run continuously for about 20 minutes at a time. Warm, but nowhere near hot enough to be concerned about overheating the plastic tubing.

I bought mine and installed it last October but didn’t wire it up and use it until last month so my experience is limited. When I purchased mine it came with the ball foot clip on chucks. A couple of them had problems. When I emailed Tony he graciously replaced all 4 with the Haltec style and informed me that they are standard now.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I jus

Just finished installing one using the same bracket and not getting any rubbing on a Rubicon. Not sure if that matters. Also not using the ARB plate.
Good to know and that is interesting since mine was rubbing quite a bit. I have since taken off my hood blanket and not a scratch is on the hood itself. Even if it did the hood is double walled and a good whack would clearance it.

It's not coming off and I will probably leave the bracket or remove it and fashion a heat shield. RIght now I dont think it needs it though.

Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
We are working on ideas for mounting under the passenger seat and the UpDownAir looks like a nice solution. @Escareno187 , how is yours working for you at this point? Did you buy the complete kit or just the mount?

@Mantacon , what kind of problems did you experience with yours that weren't working?

Any input from anyone else would be great as far as using the ARB underseat mount or the UpDownAir.
Never could get the tires to the same psi like it claims. This was the same whether airing up or down. I finally just got tired of messing with it and went back to airing up individually.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
quick question.i just purchased my arb. I realize you run force and ground to spod. Be that as it may, shouldn't something be said about weight switch. Also, do you despite everything utilize the hand-off it accompanies
Huh?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
quick question.i just purchased my arb. I realize you run force and ground to spod. Be that as it may, shouldn't something be said about weight switch. Also, do you despite everything utilize the hand-off it accompanies
Your post is a little confusing, sorry. Do not run an ARB dual directly from an sPod, the amp draw is too high. There are forum posts here and other places that give detailed instructions on how to run your compressor from an sPod.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Never could get the tires to the same psi like it claims. This was the same whether airing up or down. I finally just got tired of messing with it and went back to airing up individually.
Any system where the air source for all 4 tires is connected through a manifold can have this problem. I use an setup that airs all 4 tires through an 4 way manifold at once. I found the trick is to be on fairly level ground, kick everyone out of the jeep, and then after filling turn off compressor and leave hoses connected so the tires can balance out for about 3-5 minutes. I get all 4 exactly the same about 90% of the time that way. The other 10% of the time one or two are off by 1 psi, i just wait and correct them at home from my shop compressor. I also get the added joy of everyone else enjoying the 100 + degree heat with me= incentive to help.

Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Any system where the air source for all 4 tires is connected through a manifold can have this problem. I use an setup that airs all 4 tires through an 4 way manifold at once. I found the trick is to be on fairly level ground, kick everyone out of the jeep, and then after filling turn off compressor and leave hoses connected so the tires can balance out for about 3-5 minutes. I get all 4 exactly the same about 90% of the time that way. The other 10% of the time one or two are off by 1 psi, i just wait and correct them at home from my shop compressor. I also get the added joy of everyone else enjoying the 100 + degree heat with me= incentive to help.
Yeah, not for me. It was too frustrating that I went with the preset air deflators and I air one by one. It doesn't take that long anyways.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yeah, not for me. It was too frustrating that I went with the preset air deflators and I air one by one. It doesn't take that long anyways.
Nothing wrong with that. I have poor friend and being able to air 4 tires at once is a godsend when you have to do 8 or 12 tires. Everyone finds a way that works for them.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the feedback.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
you must not know anything about Yorks. Did you read the specs? You won’t find 10 CFM’s out of anything else
Did read the specs, and it sure looks like a nice piece of engineering, but...

Spending hours out on trails, how much difference can some minutes more or less it takes to air up make? You're out for having fun, time is not exactly the highest of your concerns, you relax, and then suddenly when done wheeling, things need to go fast again, and it comes down to saving some extra minutes or so?

To each his own of course, so feel free to ignore my comment :whew:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Did read the specs, and it sure looks like a nice piece of engineering, but...

Spending hours out on trails, how much difference can some minutes more or less it takes to air up make? You're out for having fun, time is not exactly the highest of your concerns, you relax, and then suddenly when done wheeling, things need to go fast again, and it comes down to saving some extra minutes or so?

To each his own of course, so feel free to ignore my comment :whew:
Because air tools are a thing. People use compressors for things other than just airing up tires.
Sponsored