MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

mbinzayed

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I’m in same boat as you. My EU spec Wrangler looks like it has halos in there but is disabled.

However with some digging the headlight connector only has 3 pins while USA one has 4 pins, the fourth being the halo. So I’m starting to doubt that the halo is in there for export Wranglers.

Until someone with an export Wrangler opens up the light housing we won’t know if the hardware is there or not.

Thanks, UKJeep2018

It is disappointing why this feature is disabled although there are many other cars in my country that have Halo working out of the factory (i.e. Benz G63, G500) and it seems there are no regulation mandates that this feature to be disabled (at least in UAE).

Regarding the missing PIN, is it in the Harness or the Light itself? If the harness has the 4th PIN and I use USA based headlight, it should work. But on the other hand, I can see that some reflashing and other complication is there; so I am clueless.

I sent email to Mopar MENA about this matter, let's see their reply. I will update you as well.
Sponsored

Maupar

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'm having a hard time adjusting my driver side headlight. It still aims really high and I am turning the adjustment bolt counter clockwise to the point where the bolt is just spinning and but the headlight won't aim down any further. Anybody got any ideas?

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Some quick stupid questions.

If I don't care about the halos do I still need to tap the orange and blue wires into the BCM?

And I didn't see it listed in the Tazer's features but since several here have used it to successfully toggled the LEDs on, can this be done with the Tazer Lite or do I need the full featured Tazer?

Sponsored

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Thanks, UKJeep2018

It is disappointing why this feature is disabled although there are many other cars in my country that have Halo working out of the factory (i.e. Benz G63, G500) and it seems there are no regulation mandates that this feature to be disabled (at least in UAE).

Regarding the missing PIN, is it in the Harness or the Light itself? If the harness has the 4th PIN and I use USA based headlight, it should work. But on the other hand, I can see that some reflashing and other complication is there; so I am clueless.

I sent email to Mopar MENA about this matter, let's see their reply. I will update you as well.
There is a missing pin on both the headlight connector and on the harness. Harness only has 3 wires in it so you have to either add a wire or import the USA wire harness with 4 wires. Even then, the export LED headlights connector only has 3 pins.

Theoretically you should be able to import USA LED headlights and the halo should work once it is plugged in. But you may need to use the “Tazer JL” to get them to function correctly. I’m not really up to doing that though as it’s quite expensive and there may be warranty issues as well when using the Tazer.

I’ve attached a close up of the export LED and it does look like there is something on the outer ring, potentially a halo.

52D7DBA7-4369-4418-94CA-6832CE226B72.jpeg

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Some quick stupid questions.

If I don't care about the halos do I still need to tap the orange and blue wires into the BCM?

And I didn't see it listed in the Tazer's features but since several here have used it to successfully toggled the LEDs on, can this be done with the Tazer Lite or do I need the full featured Tazer?
Using the halos or not, I still needed a dealer flash. I only had 1 High beam until the flash. Either way you do not have to wire up the halos.
If you want an easier way to run the halos though...and don't want to deal with the trouble of running them to the bcm, you can wire them to the fuse box (aux cig lighter) user EgGreg
sells the harness

Fhammadi

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
The Halo is there in the EU spec JL, however, the light harness is missing the 4th pin and the only way to add it is through getting your hands on the Mopar LED upgrade kit which includes the harness.
Keep in mind though that you still need the dealer to activate a sales code and reflash the BCM for them to work.
There is a thread on here that has all details and more

mbinzayed

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
There is a missing pin on both the headlight connector and on the harness. Harness only has 3 wires in it so you have to either add a wire or import the USA wire harness with 4 wires. Even then, the export LED headlights connector only has 3 pins.

Theoretically you should be able to import USA LED headlights and the halo should work once it is plugged in. But you may need to use the “Tazer JL” to get them to function correctly. I’m not really up to doing that though as it’s quite expensive and there may be warranty issues as well when using the Tazer.

I’ve attached a close up of the export LED and it does look like there is something on the outer ring, potentially a halo.

52D7DBA7-4369-4418-94CA-6832CE226B72.jpeg

Hi,

I have some updates on this matter.

Unfortunately, Mopar/Jeep delivers Wranglers with LED package without the Halo light to the EU market as well as here in the UAE. This was confirmed by Mopar in my country. It is ridiculous of Mopar to disable the halo although my car is packaged with LED headlight (top of the line Sahara). While checking the laws and regulations in the country, there is NO ban for using Halo lights what so ever, it seems that it is purely some unwise decision from Mopar to deliver cars without halo, and they took all the trouble of making a sperate production for the LED light ... !!

The funny part is that they did this by removing Halo PIN from the Light Housing, means that restoration of halo's is not straight-forward, you will need to open the light housing by braking the seal ... etc. which I do not recommend personally. Further, I am not sure if they have the necessary LED lights the drives the Halo or not.

Mopar UAE, informed that if I want the halo, I have to buy a new set of Headlights from the dealer !!! which is ridiculous as I already have LED headlight ... !!!

I approached the dealer, and they offered an upgrade option with whopping $ 1,000 bill to do this upgrade (if I may call it an upgrade !!), further this upgrade will not give me the options to control it from the UCONNECT and it will kind of a permanent setup either operate like a DRL or Always ON!!

Thanks for sharing the image of the light, I have precisely the same headlight. Please check this video, the guy kept the headlight in the oven to break lose the sealing ...

()

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Hi,

Unfortunately, Mopar/Jeep delivers Wranglers with LED package without the Halo light to the EU market as well as here in the UAE. This was confirmed by Mopar in my country. It is ridiculous of Mopar to disable the halo although my car is packaged with LED headlight (top of the line Sahara). While checking the laws and regulations in the country, there is NO ban for using Halo lights what so ever, it seems that it is purely some unwise decision from Mopar to deliver cars without halo, and they took all the trouble of making a sperate production for the LED light ... !!

The funny part is that they did this by removing Halo PIN from the Light Housing, means that restoration of halo's is not straight-forward, you will need to open the light housing by braking the seal ... etc. which I do not recommend personally. Further, I am not sure if they have the necessary LED lights the drives the Halo or not.

Mopar UAE, informed that if I want the halo, I have to buy a new set of Headlights from the dealer !!! which is ridiculous as I already have LED headlight ... !!!

I approached the dealer, and they offered an upgrade option with whopping $ 1,000 bill to do this upgrade (if I may call it an upgrade !!), further this upgrade will not give me the options to control it from the UCONNECT and it will kind of a permanent setup either operate like a DRL or Always ON!!

Thanks for sharing the image of the light, I have precisely the same headlight. Please check this video, the guy kept the headlight in the oven to break lose the sealing ...

()
Thanks for the info. It’s a bit of a joke for your dealer to charge you $1000 for halos when you already have LED package!!

I was hoping Jeep would have used the same headlight assembly as the USA to cut costs seeing as Jeep Wrangler’s outside the USA don’t sell very well.

I’m going to see if I can safely get the headlight connector off the back of the light this weekend. I’m hoping there will be a female pin or the halo wire in there for the Halo, if that’s the case then a bit of wire splicing should do the trick.

Sponsored

mbinzayed

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Thanks for the info. It’s a bit of a joke for your dealer to charge you $1000 for halos when you already have LED package!!

I was hoping Jeep would have used the same headlight assembly as the USA to cut costs seeing as Jeep Wrangler’s outside the USA don’t sell very well.

I’m going to see if I can safely get the headlight connector off the back of the light this weekend. I’m hoping there will be a female pin or the halo wire in there for the Halo, if that’s the case then a bit of wire splicing should do the trick.
Agree 100%

Good luck brother, please take some photos of the process this might help us

:please:

Fhammadi

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Hi,

()
Dude read my post one more time. The response you got is not true, YOU DONT NEED TO BUY A NEW SET OF LIGHTS OR BREAK OPEN THE HEADLIGHT FOR THAT MATTER.

All you need to do is add the missing 4th pin to the existing plug you have and wire it to the BCM and have your dealer activate the code for you simple as that.

Im from Saudi and have already done that so dont listen to the local agent/dealer BS

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Dude read my post one more time. The response you got is not true, YOU DONT NEED TO BUY A NEW SET OF LIGHTS OR BREAK OPEN THE HEADLIGHT FOR THAT MATTER.

All you need to do is add the missing 4th pin to the existing plug you have and wire it to the BCM and have your dealer activate the code for you simple as that.

Im from Saudi and have already done that so dont listen to the local agent/dealer BS
So to clarify, you had the 4th connection already in the socket ? Ie at the headlight unit, it was already wired to the halo?

All you had missing was the 4th wire in the plug, which I presume is 12v positive?

Any pictures or PIN numbers etc would great !

Thank you !
Sponsored