RohanJR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL
Hello,

I have had my 2018 2dr JL for about a year now and have finally saved the money to install a lift/ add new wheels and tires. I had a few questions I was hopping someone could help me out with.

I have seen other people say that you should add a new sway bar with the Mopar 2" lift. Are there any other parts you think I should replace when adding this lift?

I am leaning towards getting 35" tires does anyone have any idea what kind of mileage I should expect after this is all said and done.

Any comments in general would be greatly appreciated as this is my first wrangler and I honestly don't know what I am doing.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You got the right JL haha, what model? FYI, I don't think you mean sway bar. Are you thinking Track Bar. I recommend a front adj. TB and rear TB relocationg bracket.
Mopar lifts can be found on eBay for about $1,000
ADJ. T.B's are as lower as $200
SuperLift rear T.B. bracket is like $40.
I also recommend RockKrawler coil spring pads about S40

Last edited:
OP
OP

RohanJR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL
You got the right JL haha, what model? FYI, I don't think you mean sway bar. Are you thinking Track Bar. I recommend a front adj. TB and rear TB relocationg bracket.
It's a sport. Yes, I was thinking track bar thanks for the correction.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Just helped install a Mopar lift on my JL today. I’ve been into lifting and wheeling Jeeps for 20+ years, starting with the original Grand Cherokee. My (used) kit came with a rear trackbar relocation bracket; my friend who was doing most of the install reminded me that similar relocation brackets were used on Grand Cherokees and it was not unusual for the extra leverage created by the bracket to rip the stock bracket from the axle (we wheeled pretty hard). Bottom line, if you think you might get into heavy wheeling, get an adjustable rear trackbar instead of relocation bracket (I plan to replace my bracket with an adjustable trackbar).

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Most JL TB relocation brackets will strengthen the mount, so in the rear you most likely wont need a adjustable TB with 2-3" of lift. Anymore than that you'll want to look into a new TB. I didn't need anything other than the longer lower front control arms. I don't care enough to center my axles. They're only out 1/4" give or take. It wont hurt anything. My advice would be to install the lift, then see how much you end up with.

Make sure you get the correct part numbers for your Jeep. Also go ahead and order the RK front spring bases. Understand that most spring manufacturers assume you're going to have heavy bumpers, accessories etc. So if you're Jeep is light, expect more lift from it than 2".

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Most JL TB relocation brackets will strengthen the mount
My Teraflex bracket does nothing to strengthen the bracket-to-axle welding points, which was the weak point on the Grand Cherokees. It may be that the stock JL bracket is inherently stronger (or maybe not) than the Grand Cherokee’s, but I prefer not to be a pioneer in this area (broken trackbar brackets require trail welders to fix) so I’ll switch to an adjustable trackbar.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Superlift T.B. relocation bracket was $40 and got rid of an annoying tail wiggle. It mounts not only to the stock track bar bracket but also through the frame and onto the coil spring pocket. It’s not going anywhere...
JL rear T.B. relo bracket (1).jpg
That is a much better solution for a trail vehicle, thanks for posting.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
My Teraflex bracket does nothing to strengthen the bracket-to-axle welding points, which was the weak point on the Grand Cherokees. It may be that the stock JL bracket is inherently stronger (or maybe not) than the Grand Cherokee’s, but I prefer not to be a pioneer in this area (broken trackbar brackets require trail welders to fix) so I’ll switch to an adjustable trackbar.
I guess I need to be more specific.......
Many TB brackets have the availability to strengthen the bracket on the axle by way of a u-bolt.
An adjustable track bar wont keep your factory track bar bracket from tearing off. I have ripped one off myself.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The Mopar kit rides great.

I suggest adding the following:

Rock Krawler front spring perches $30
Rough Country Adjustable front track bar $150
Rubicon Express Geometry correction brackets $130

The perches that come with the Mopar kit are subpar and lead to spring bow.

The front track bar will center the front axle. I did not find a rear track bar or bracket to be necessary.

Geometry correction brackets will add more caster and reduce the angle of your control arms resulting in a better ride.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with @Carlton list. But personally I prefer adj. control arms over geo bracket, because I wheel mine and like the ground clearance. Also I prefer to raise the rear track bar via the bracket, I feel it helps with tail wag. Though this is more noticeable the more height you get.

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I agree with @Carlton list. But personally I prefer adj. control arms over geo bracket, because I wheel mine and like the ground clearance. Also I prefer to raise the rear track bar via the bracket, I feel it helps with tail wag. Though this is more noticeable the more height you get.
I agree that arms are a better choice for people who rock crawl. Street use, mud, snow, basic trails geometry brackets.
Sponsored