Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Will it fit in a standard garage door?
It’s 76.5-77” tall, fits in my tiny garage. Not sure what standard is but I assume yes
Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
It’s 76.5-77” tall, fits in my tiny garage. Not sure what standard is but I assume yes
Standard is 84 inches, but can vary 2-3inches either way due to building variances.

Your JLUR is setup perfect!!

Zo6

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2017 Challenger SPS 392 2017 JK Rubicon Hard Rock
Occupation
Engineering Professor Retired
No spacers. Stock wheels. They fit perfectly. Here it is with the 2" lift. I just got it back from installation today!
They are wider, but I haven't measured.
s23hSlH.jpg
What is your MPG and RPM @ 70 MPH?

Zo6

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2017 Challenger SPS 392 2017 JK Rubicon Hard Rock
Occupation
Engineering Professor Retired
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What is your MPG and RPM @ 70 MPH?
I'll have to look. It won't be exactly accurate, though, until I get the speedo flashed. I also did not look to see what it was before the 35's, either.

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
For the Mopar 2" lift - did anyone compare shock lengths of the FOX vs. stock Rubicon?

I'm curious to see if they allow for more articulation via the shocks OR because of the bump stops if it remains the same?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
For the Mopar 2" lift - did anyone compare shock lengths of the FOX vs. stock Rubicon?

I'm curious to see if they allow for more articulation via the shocks OR because of the bump stops if it remains the same?
I didnt look but I think on the video thread of someone going over the parts of the lift they are longer. Could be wrong

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
No spacers. Stock wheels. They fit perfectly. Here it is with the 2" lift. I just got it back from installation today!
They are wider, but I haven't measured.
s23hSlH.jpg
Looks fantastic!!

I have the same wheel setup and i am looking to do the exact same thing. Even at full crank of the wheels they are not rubbing without spacers? (Just measuring 2x). Thx

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I have a couple questions..how do you think 37’s will fit/perform with the 2” Lift. Second, I have only ran Nitto Trail Grapplers my 2010 JKUR and Toyo MT’s on my 2014 JKUR..I live in Oregon about 50 minutes from the coast and spend a lot of time on logging roads and occasional trips to the dunes, so terrain is everything from snow(which it’s doing now) mud, gravel, clay and occasionally minor rocks. Are the KO2’s versatile?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks fantastic!!

I have the same wheel setup and i am looking to do the exact same thing. Even at full crank of the wheels they are not rubbing without spacers? (Just measuring 2x). Thx
No rub, at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a couple questions..how do you think 37’s will fit/perform with the 2” Lift. Second, I have only ran Nitto Trail Grapplers my 2010 JKUR and Toyo MT’s on my 2014 JKUR..I live in Oregon about 50 minutes from the coast and spend a lot of time on logging roads and occasional trips to the dunes, so terrain is everything from snow(which it’s doing now) mud, gravel, clay and occasionally minor rocks. Are the KO2’s versatile?
Yes. They specially tuned the tread compound to handle many, many miles on gravel with no deterioration. Check out theroadchoseme.com and see KO2s on a JK circumventing Africa. That guy told me they've been great in every type of terrain he has encountered.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Ok, so the tires feel awesome. They don't wander all over the road like I feared they might. They ride and feel pretty much exactly like the 285 KO2's. Power loss is there, but not much. The thing still accelerates hard, especially in 1st and 2nd gear, where it really is barely noticeable. I notice it a little more in the taller gears, but I won't be able to really assess the difference until I get the speedo corrected. The bottom line is that it handles and rides great, and the 1" lift from the tires is very noticeable, too, which I really like. The steering feel didn't change, at all. From the driver's seat, it feels like a wonderful beast. I can't wait to feel it when the 2" lift goes on. The all around driveability doesn't feel like it changed much at all. When it is all said and done, I'll get this thing off-road, where it belongs. It should be amazing, and it will have a better break over angle than my previous Jeeps, by a pretty good margin, not to mention ground clearance under the axles.

The tires barely stick out behond the flares...the sidewall bulge is what does, but the tread is right in line with it. Perfect, in my book. I don't want them outside those flares. There will be enough crap thrown up by them, as-is. I don't want more. Plus, it just looks right, to me.

As for the KO2's themselves, I love them! They are quiet and handle very well. Again, I love the ride with the stock Rubi shocks, so I'm hoping the Fox shocks don't change that too much.
Hi Dan, I’m sorry if you’ve already answered this, but are those the 35X12.5R17 KO2’s or the 315/70R17 that are about the same size but with a C load rating? Thanks!

Reactions: x3L

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
No rub, at all.
I've got one order identical to yours 6speed manual also. Question is when you added the lift and tires, did you lose any power on get up?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got one order identical to yours 6speed manual also. Question is when you added the lift and tires, did you lose any power on get up?
It did, a little, but it still feels very strong. It pulls the 35s just fine. It feels like it didn't lose anything at all in 1st or 2nd gear.

Edit: Sorry, my post here was originally from my phone and it made it hard to understand.
Sponsored

Last edited: