Sponsored

Coil Spring issues with Mopar 2" lift - How many?

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Just curious how many people are having issues with the coil spring problems like several members and vendors are having? I wasn't aware of this issue until today, and I am supposed to get my lift installed Monday. However, after reading issues in the thread below, I may hold out. It appears Mopar is dropping the ball here, and there isn't a remedy in sight.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/issue-with-mopar-lift.4046/

Take a look at the Mopar accessories Jeep. Even the coil spring is bowed on that rig. This can't be normal, much less function effectively and safely both on pavement and off-road.

mojito-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-mopar-2-jpg-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Pretty crazy, seems like track bar issue, maybe they need a relocation bracket for track bars?

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Anyone have one? measure each tire centeer to frame and see if equal of all 4 corners.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty crazy, seems like track bar issue, maybe they need a relocation bracket for track bars?
Not sure, but I believe I read in the attached thread that the dealer looked at the track bar, and couldn't remedy the problem. So, maybe a relocation would work. I just can't imagine a Jeep with that lift installed is safe to drive. The response from Mopar is absolutely unacceptable. And to think I was getting this lift installed Monday :facepalm:

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I talked to the Parts Manager at a local Phoenix area Jeep dealer this morning. While he didn’t know about the specific problem he did theorize this is why MOPAR has suspended sales of this kit until further notice for what he said was “product review/redesign”. He looked it up on his monitor and it said the product was not available at this time! Hmmm?

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to the Parts Manager at a local Phoenix area Jeep dealer this morning. While he didn’t know about the specific problem he did theorize this is why MOPAR has suspended sales of this kit until further notice for what he said was “product review/redesign”. He looked it up on his monitor and it said the product was not available at this time! Hmmm?
I would think the parts manager's theory is spot on. Surely, Mopar is aware of this problem as they have had enough people complain. Hopefully, the redesign will fix the issues but honestly the way Mopar has handled this makes me weary of buying any lift kit from them. I think at this point, I will wait for one of the seemingly hundreds of aftermarket vendors to have lift kits available which will more than likely be better quality and a similar price point. Thank goodness I did my research today as I am scheduled to have the lift installed on Monday. That will NOT be happening now. Patience is a virtue.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
It's not the trackbar. A friend of mine owns the shop that was working on the Jeep in the referenced thread. He tried everything to make it work. He even disconnected the trackbar and let the Jeep sit on it's weight to see if the bow went away (if the trackbar was the culprit, that should have done it). It still bowed. He said said that if you look at the spring perches, there is no support for the outside edge of the springs towards the tires. They are basically unsupported. Why would Jeep do that? He recommends even if you don't lift it put a solid perch under it. I believe RockKrawler has also said that they are going to include new perches with thier kits that fully support the springs when they release it. He also mentioned that the springs are much thinner than JK springs and they behave almost as if the tempering is off.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
The parts manager did say that the JL model can accept up to a 2” lift while keeping the factory warranty in place. Any lift more than that would void the warranty. I didn’t specifically ask him if that was just the 2” MOPAR lift or any lift!

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The parts manager did say that the JL model can accept up to a 2” lift while keeping the factory warranty in place. Any lift more than that would void the warranty. I didn’t specifically ask him if that was just the 2” MOPAR lift or any lift!
Thats bullshit. NO LIFT can void your factory warranty. They simply won't cover the parts affected by the lift.

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thats bullshit. NO LIFT can void your factory warranty. They simply won't cover the parts affected by the lift.
Maybe I misunderstood him. But I do know that the MOPAR 2” lift keeps all of the factory warranty in place.

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's not the trackbar. A friend of mine owns the shop that was working on the Jeep in the referenced thread. He tried everything to make it work. He even disconnected the trackbar and let the Jeep sit on it's weight to see if the bow went away (if the trackbar was the culprit, that should have done it). It still bowed. He said said that if you look at the spring perches, there is no support for the outside edge of the springs towards the tires. They are basically unsupported. Why would Jeep do that? He recommends even if you don't lift it put a solid perch under it. I believe RockKrawler has also said that they are going to include new perches with thier kits that fully support the springs when they release it. He also mentioned that the springs are much thinner than JK springs and they behave almost as if the tempering is off.
i just went out and measured it also and its sitting within 1/8 inch not enough at all to fix it. national back order with zero showing in transit... something is up.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
So if there is no solid perch under the OEM springs...there is a possibility of a recall in the future?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just went out and measured it also and its sitting within 1/8 inch not enough at all to fix it. national back order with zero showing in transit... something is up.
Man I was just about to go get my lift too. I think I'll wait now. Wes,is yours still installed? Any issues other than it just looking odd?

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Man I was just about to go get my lift too. I think I'll wait now. Wes,is yours still installed? Any issues other than it just looking odd?
not really any issues other than the bump stop making contact with the spring. kind of rides like crap, like the suspension isnt soaking up little bumps etc as good as it should. i dont know if thats related to the bowing or not though.
Sponsored