TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
A b

It, but it still feels very strong. It pulls the 35s just fine. It feels like it didn't lose anything at all in 1st or 2nd gear.
Ok good deal thanks.
Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I felt a very slight drop off in throttle response, but nowhere near as much as I thought with my 35's. Thankfully, the 4:10s are helping along with the 8 speed auto. I am very impressed with how the JL is handling the lift and 35's.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I felt a very slight drop off in throttle response, but nowhere near as much as I thought with my 35's. Thankfully, the 4:10s are helping along with the 8 speed auto. I am very impressed with how the JL is handling the lift and 35's.
+1 on this for sure

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
Hope this will be same for the 6speed manual and 4.10's. As i live around quite a bit of hills. Still waiting for mine to get built and delivered.

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
What's everyone opinion on the RC 2.5" lift. I know this is a pic of a sport, but would the rubicon set higher or just look higher bc of the higher front fenders.

IMG_2589.jpg

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
What's everyone opinion on the RC 2.5" lift. I know this is a pic of a sport, but would the rubicon set higher or just look higher bc of the higher front fenders.

IMG_2589.jpg
Just look higher.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
With 37s and the Mopar lift on the Rubicon it still will fit in
a regular garage door thats 7 foot door right ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Got my lift installed today, I will post pics tomorrow. I will say that it gained quite a bit, like 3” but I’ll do some measurements tomorrow in daylight as well. Possibly will settle in? Seems massive now lol. I could easily put 37s on.
As far as ride with 35x12.5x17 ridge grapplers it is pretty bumpy. Tomorrow I will chalk the tires because 35psi cold I think is making it very “bouncy”. By very bouncy I mean more than stock.
The Fox shocks feel great and despite bouncy feel from tires they feel very smooth and softer than stock. Almost like a floating feel down the road.
Tires are louder above 60 than the stock ko2s. But are wider and bigger so not too surprised there. “Walk” a little but nothing crazy.
Feels like steering stabilizer will need to be upgraded at some point maybe with a fox as well? At 70mph on highway it hit a bump and felt a little unstable.
Acceleration and stopping don’t seem affected much at all. Maybe a little off the line but feels better still than the stock jk rubi I almost bought six months ago
I test drove a JL with 35s and the Mopar lift.When i took off it felt real bouncy and soft and like the hood went down easy and back up. not like a great stock ride.I dont know if i will like that if i do the mopar lift with 37s makes think about doing the Rubicon express 2 inch spacer lift and keep my stock ride.at least i know it wont be bouncy like your saying. I thought if you spend the money on good fox shocks and coils with a full suspension lift kit it would be better but doesn't seem like it will because they really made this JL with a good stock ride compared the JK that was not as good. Would you do it again if you had a choice or would you do the 2 inch spacer lift and keep the stock ride ?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd do it again. I think the ride, with C rated KO2s, is pretty close to stock. The height is perfect, and the Fox shocks are outstanding. It has massive suspension travel, too. I took a 1k mile trip on som horrendous Michigan highways, and it soaked them up. It is stable at 80mph +, and doesn't wander or follow the grooves or troughs in the pavement, like every JK I've driven wit 35s. (JKs were equipped with mud tires.)

What tires were on the one you drove? I believe the tires make a huge difference. That's why I went as close as I could to the stock KO2s. It gives more of an apples to apples comparison.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'd do it again. I think the ride, with C rated KO2s, is pretty close to stock. The height is perfect, and the Fox shocks are outstanding. It has massive suspension travel, too. I took a 1k mile trip on som horrendous Michigan highways, and it soaked them up. It is stable at 80mph +, and doesn't wander or follow the grooves or troughs in the pavement, like every JK I've driven wit 35s. (JKs were equipped with mud tires.)

What tires were on the one you drove? I believe the tires make a huge difference. That's why I went as close as I could to the stock KO2s. It gives more of an apples to apples comparison.
It had 35 Toyo MTs with the Mopar lift and it was just real soft and bouncy. I need to ask the dealer why so i dont get that if i put the Mopar lift and 37s.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
With 37s and the Mopar lift on the Rubicon it still will fit in
a regular garage door thats 7 foot door right ?
Yes it should fit fine, I have 37’s and my garage measure in at 81” on the opening. While the Jeep was sitting outside the garage it sure looked like It would be scraping by and be a very tight fit, but as I came through I stopped at its highest point on the soft top so I can take a look. I still had about 3” or so of clearance.
It was a relief knowing I can still get into the garage.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
When I had my other house I custom built a three-car garage and had 9 foot garage doors and it was extra long so I can fit the two trucks I had living there I had a King Ranch F-250 with a 12 inch lift 40s on it LOL it went right in

willy_28

First Name
guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
i have the mopar lift on my rubicon and added 37s and love mine. not too different from stock. haven't test it off road yet.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Okay thanks some people say it's real soft and bouncy and some people say the steering with 37's is horrible less responsive you don't have any of that

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That's what I was wanting to hear because I really want to do the Mopar I don't want that feeling that I had on the one I test drove with 35 it was very bouncy and soft
Sponsored