Maximus 3 Tow Loops

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
What is the size of the 2nd frame tie in cap head bolt?
Thank you!!
I used 12mm if I recall length was 5" could have been 5.5inches though, that is easy to measure. make sure you center the hole in the cutout area and you will need to use a Allen head bolt, make sure it is grade 8 or better
Sponsored

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU

sixysixss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
My tow loops I moved to the inside of the frame. Below is the tie in bracket for the tow loop side.
For those that mounted the tow loops to the inside, what did you do about the cross brace for the tow bar? Did you modify it? and if so, how? Thanks.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For those that mounted the tow loops to the inside, what did you do about the cross brace for the tow bar? Did you modify it? and if so, how? Thanks.
Maximus now makes the shorter rod. You could also have the longer rod shortened but would likley have to take to a machine shop. Gaffers link is probably the cheapest and easiest.

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
Where's everybody getting the measurements for cutting the bumper and skid plate when mounting inside of the frame?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Where's everybody getting the measurements for cutting the bumper and skid plate when mounting inside of the frame?
I assume you are referring to the plastic mud guard that attaches to the Frame horn and bumper. Neasure the sistance between the frame horn. Then allow 1" width for the cutout. As far as depth easy to eyeball when you hold the cover in place. Pretty simple the plastic is easy to trim and shape

sixysixss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
So, I just received my tow loops from Maximus. Did not include the frame tie-ins. I thought the tie-ins were standard now? I'll have to contact them tomorrow.

Sponsored

sixysixss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Not standard. Only need them for flat towing.
So, when you buy the complete tow package, they should be standard? I ordered the complete tow package. I would expect them to be a necessity for the tow package.

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
The thicker 3/4" vs 5/8" along with the cross bar should be good. The frame tie in might be overkill.
I will be going with the overkill. Their website could do a much better job explaining their products.

sixysixss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The thicker 3/4" vs 5/8" along with the cross bar should be good. The frame tie in might be overkill.
I will be going with the overkill. Their website could do a much better job explaining their products.
Based on everything in this thread, without those, there is no frame connection, so it seems necessary rather than overkill. I don’t even see the tie-ins for sale separately on their site. I’ll have to talk to them tomorrow.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not standard. Only need them for flat towing.
You are corerct but they should be. I have an issue with this in that Maximus will still sell the tow loops and not require the tie in bracket which will damage more Wranglers.
Sponsored