Manual Transmission Order "Restricted"

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
JKs had order restrictions too. Not as many but pretty regular.

Here is an example from 2012:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rubicon-order-restriction-146996.html

And from 2015:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2015-rubicon-hard-rock-860554.html

You see a lot more of what goes on when you have your nose pressed up against the glass like we do here!
This is useful. So, from the second link I see, "Restriction should mean that they are at capacity for building for this allocation period, and should open up again for the next allocation."

I guess that means those who ordered before the restriction and are in D status are not affected? i.e. Only new orders are restricted?

I hope the same is true for supply constraints.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This is useful. So, from the second link I see, "Restriction should mean that they are at capacity for building for this allocation period, and should open up again for the next allocation."

I guess that means those who ordered before the restriction and are in D status are not affected? i.e. Only new orders are restricted?

I don't think that was an accurate statement. Restriction is generally because of some resource constraint. So for example they estimate what the demand is going to be for color hardtops and they underestimate. So that will go on restriction until the next shipment comes in.

In a mature model they may get more in every month and restrictions generally don't last long. On a new model it could take longer as they flush out supply chain issues or even address component issues discovered along the way.

OP
OP

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Paint is supplied to the spray booth from a room called paint mix. There each common color has a tank where the paint is constantly stirred and pumped to the paint booth. In the supply cabinet at each robot there is a bank of valves that tie in to the pipes carrying paint. Todays robots use a cartridge system that fills via those valves. A cartridge will fill with the color for the next body while the robot is painting. Then a quick cartridge change and clean before starting on the next. You will have cars of all differnt colors being painted only spaced a few feet. There is a lot of down draft in the booth to control overspray. Clear coat robots dont use a cartridge system because every body gets the same treatment.

So adding a new color should require no real changes to the system. Its possible that Jeep's paint shop is old and does not use the newer cartridge system. Either way you wont need a new booth for each color.
Kind of an unrelated question.. I've heard people say you should immediately wax a brand new car. I never have. Given that you've been right there on the line, do you think it's a good idea to immediately wax upon delivery?

Drew777x

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i; JLUR Billet - Coming Soon!
Kind of an unrelated question.. I've heard people say you should immediately wax a brand new car. I never have. Given that you've been right there on the line, do you think it's a good idea to immediately wax upon delivery?
I'm not sure.. I just fix the machines! I dont think I ever waxed my last JK.. But I'm lazy. I personally think the rust preventive treatments are a waste of money.

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008

who knows. I was in D1 and moved back to D. Ordered 1/15 manual Rubi hard top loaded minus smoker's group and mats

Sponsored

Bobbygreen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Sahara JL
who knows. I was in D1 and moved back to D. Ordered 1/15 manual Rubi hard top loaded minus smoker's group and mats
I placed an order for manual jlU sahara on 11/27

Went from c-status to d-status in 2 weeks. was dropped back into c-status shortly after and have been there for 88 days now.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Same here, but now back to D1 as of 8 days ago

soco2285

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I ordered a manual JLU Sahara on 1/22 and was browsing online the local inventory and found out yesterday (2/17) that it is already in transit. Confirmed KZ status with Jeep Chat and dealer also confirmed it is already in transit.

Order is for a manual, hard top, LED, cold weather, tow package, anti spin rear diff, and proximity entry.

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I ordered a 2DR Rubi MT w/Premium Soft Top and LED Package on January 21st. I had a VIN and D status 8 days later and have not checked on it since. I will call 1st thing Monday as I am now paranoid!!!!!!

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Oh man... So it's true... Sigh...

Did they have any insight as to how long the restriction might last?
I called FCA on Friday and asked because I placed an order for a Manual. They said that ordering for manuals opens up March 8th.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I called FCA on Friday and asked because I placed an order for a Manual. They said that ordering for manuals opens up March 8th.
Good info, thank you.

Probably a stretch, but do you know if that means all back-logged manuals will start hitting production, or do they have a maximum allotment that they can start on before throwing the restriction on again? Thank you!

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I placed an order for manual jlU sahara on 11/27

Went from c-status to d-status in 2 weeks. was dropped back into c-status shortly after and have been there for 88 days now.
What the heck?!

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Good info, thank you.

Probably a stretch, but do you know if that means all back-logged manuals will start hitting production, or do they have a maximum allotment that they can start on before throwing the restriction on again? Thank you!
They didn't provide any more information that that. I didn't ask anymore questions about the manual. I did ask about the colored top for the Ocean Blue and they said it's only being offered with the black hard top right now. She couldn't give me a date of when the coordinated top would be available.

OP
OP

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
They didn't provide any more information that that. I didn't ask anymore questions about the manual. I did ask about the colored top for the Ocean Blue and they said it's only being offered with the black hard top right now. She couldn't give me a date of when the coordinated top would be available.
Oh man. I just keep hearing about restrictions left and right. First it was the manual. Then I hear it's Rubicons in general. Then my dealer tells me LEDs might also be an issue. Now the color tops. I've got three of the four! Best of luck to us both, I guess. :(

OP
OP

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
After a few days of bugging the Jeep chat people twice a day, I finally have a VIN as of this morning and my status code moved to D.

He said that it may stay in this status "for a minimum of 30 days" (emphasis mine)... I'm hoping he meant "up to"...

Either way, exciting stuff.
Sponsored