Sponsored

Unable to order a manual transmission

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Its nice to see that "Jeepcares" responds to this, but still won't respond to me as when to expect the JLUR I ordered 2/6.....
They responded to me via PM this morning. Basically once the plant opens/restarts, new build dates can be viewed/sent out.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Its nice to see that "Jeepcares" responds to this, but still won't respond to me as when to expect the JLUR I ordered 2/6.....
What status was your order in when the plant shut down? Back in late fall of 2018 when they were swamped with orders my order sat in D status for weeks while other ones ordered after mine were completed. I sent an email to the CEO of FCA and early next morning I received an email from an Executive Manager at Jeep saying he had moved mine to the head of the line, that it was already in paint, would be out the door by the end of the day and put on a "hot shot" delivery schedule. If when they open the plant in a few days you don't get an immediate in production notice you should escalate.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
What status was your order in when the plant shut down? Back in late fall of 2018 when they were swamped with orders my order sat in D status for weeks while other ones ordered after mine were completed. I sent an email to the CEO of FCA and early next morning I received an email from an Executive Manager at Jeep saying he had moved mine to the head of the line, that it was already in paint, would be out the door by the end of the day and put on a "hot shot" delivery schedule. If when they open the plant in a few days you don't get an immediate in production notice you should escalate.
Yes, Hi, Mr Manley? I would like to escalate my order.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Hi, Mr Manley? I would like to escalate my order.
Worked for me and others but guessing there are a lot of people with orders in that want their order moved to the front. Hopefully they start the plant without errors because those vehicles that fail inspection get moved to a special area for fixing which can take awhile.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The plants are not currently open. Once they reopen, we will be happy to provide vehicle order updates upon request. Please follow up with us in PMs in a couple weeks for the current status update.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Who’s in D1 status? What was your order date and do you have your “tentative” build date?

I ordered 02/17/2020. I was told that parts for the recall are available to dealers and that the factory will start building Manuals again on 05/18.

I was also told that I can expect my finished build should be at the dealer by the end of June. Seems like a long time after the line starts up again (5 weeks).

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I ordered 02/17/2020. I was told that parts for the recall are available to dealers and that the factory will start building Manuals again on 05/18.

I was also told that I can expect my finished build should be at the dealer by the end of June. Seems like a long time after the line starts up again (5 weeks).
I tried to place an order around 2/22 but they weren't taking MT orders. You must have gotten yours in just in time. My dealer called me on 3/13 to say they started taking orders again for MTs, so I ordered on 3/14. The factory closed on 3/18.

They're supposed to be prioritizing build orders, so it may not take 5 weeks. But then again, they're only running one shift and who knows what the inventory situation is right now. I've been waiting over 20 years to buy a Wrangler, so a few more months isn't a big deal for me. Since I placed the order, I've been buying all kinds of parts for a Jeep I don't own yet, and saving up more for my down payment.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I tried to place an order around 2/22 but they weren't taking MT orders. You must have gotten yours in just in time. My dealer called me on 3/13 to say they started taking orders again for MTs, so I ordered on 3/14. The factory closed on 3/18.

They're supposed to be prioritizing build orders, so it may not take 5 weeks. But then again, they're only running one shift and who knows what the inventory situation is right now. I've been waiting over 20 years to buy a Wrangler, so a few more months isn't a big deal for me. Since I placed the order, I've been buying all kinds of parts for a Jeep I don't own yet, and saving up more for my down payment.
For what it’s worth, I was told that all the parts for my build are ready to assemble. So, inventory might not be an issue at first?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For what it’s worth, I was told that all the parts for my build are ready to assemble. So, inventory might not be an issue at first?
I was told that last year and sat in that status for 5 weeks until I had the order escalated.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Five weeks including transit time to California seems like a long time? What would you consider to be reasonable Lawrence?

Later,
Johnny

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
What really sucks is, we are potentially losing out on incentives and special pricing offers. I talked with my dealer, who told me, you can only get the incentives or special pricing that I available when the vehicle actually arrives.

If Employee Pricing or the current $1,500.00 Bonus Cash is not offered when our vehicles arrive, we will lose out - ...and have to start the fight over pricing all over again, it should be difficult for dealers to ask for full MSRP when they have made the discounted pricing so public.

I believe Chrysler should make available to those of us who had orders waiting any offer which was offered during the shut down - a couple of discounted percentage points off the price also wouldn't hurt to help ease my pain...

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
The plants are not currently open. Once they reopen, we will be happy to provide vehicle order updates upon request. Please follow up with us in PMs in a couple weeks for the current status update.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I contacted Jeep Cares via chat and received the same response as before the COVID shutdown. Your parts are gathered and awaiting production.

dlux

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Progress is being made in builds!:clap: I've been watching this thread for awhile. Here's my info and update.

1/28/2020 Ordered 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys - I’ve always wanted a Jeep and finally decided to get one, but it had to be a manual and blue, so I had to order it.

-RECALL-

3/3/2020 Got VIN and contacted Jeep chat: "Your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build." (awaiting recall fix)

3/19/2020 COVID-19 hit and closed the factories

5/18/2020 FCA reopened factories

5/28/2020 Jeep chat: "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

6/11/2020 Jeep chat: "Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle." YAY!!!

I was told to check back in a week! 5 months is a long time to wait, but it's my dream vehicle.:like:
Sponsored