Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Progress is being made in builds!:clap: I've been watching this thread for awhile. Here's my info and update.

1/28/2020 Ordered 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys - I’ve always wanted a Jeep and finally decided to get one, but it had to be a manual and blue, so I had to order it.

-RECALL-

3/3/2020 Got VIN and contacted Jeep chat: "Your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build." (awaiting recall fix)

3/19/2020 COVID-19 hit and closed the factories

5/18/2020 FCA reopened factories

5/28/2020 Jeep chat: "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

6/11/2020 Jeep chat: "Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle." YAY!!!

I was told to check back in a week! 5 months is a long time to wait, but it's my dream vehicle.:like:
Are you registered on Cryptostickers? If so what is your nickname?
Sponsored

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Progress is being made in builds!:clap: I've been watching this thread for awhile. Here's my info and update.

1/28/2020 Ordered 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys - I’ve always wanted a Jeep and finally decided to get one, but it had to be a manual and blue, so I had to order it.

-RECALL-

3/3/2020 Got VIN and contacted Jeep chat: "Your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build." (awaiting recall fix)

5/28/2020 Jeep chat: "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

6/11/2020 Jeep chat: "Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle." YAY!!!

I was told to check back in a week! 5 months is a long time to wait, but it's my dream vehicle.:like:

While I was reading your experience I had to double check, it sounds so much like my own - except you ordered about three weeks before me. I also ordered the Willys.

The factory is working on processing orders and I believe they are getting them done in order sequence starting with the earliest orders first.

June 10th, I received notice my Jeep is on the assembly line.
June 11th, "...built and has been released to the carrier for transport..."

Later on June 11th, "... Your vehicle shipped out today via rail car, the current ETA to the dealer is 6/23/20..........

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
While I was reading your experience I had to double check, it sounds so much like my own - except you ordered about three weeks before me. I also ordered the Willys.

The factory is working on processing orders and I believe they are getting them done in order sequence starting with the earliest orders first.

Later on June 11th, "... Your vehicle shipped out today via rail car, the current ETA to the dealer is 6/23/20..........
No they don't go on order date sequence. There is still a mix from Jan through Jun order dates being built.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Glad to hear that you're finally getting the jeep Lawrence. Here's hoping that it meets all of your expectations.

Later,
Johnny

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Glad to hear that you're finally getting the jeep Lawrence. Here's hoping that it meets all of your expectations.

Later,
Johnny
Thanks Johnny, I got the build sheet and window sticker, everything looks good.

Sponsored

dlux

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys

How do you get the most updated information so often? I've just been contacting Jeep through chat. My dealership hasn't sent me anything the entire time except when I initiated.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

-RECALL-

dluxjeep, right?
Posted your build notice this morning on the JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking thread. There have been quite a few over in the body vendor area for awhile getting extras added. Hoping they get finished and out the door soon.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How do you get the most updated information so often? I've just been contacting Jeep through chat. My dealership hasn't sent me anything the entire time except when I initiated.
Many dealers won't be pro-actuve with info you need to call them especially when it is shipped. Jeep Chat is often lagging with their status.

Buddhafist24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
I'm looking to possibly order a 2021 manual, but was told they are not able to do an order on the manuals currently. Anyone else having this issue?

Does the recall have anyone worried about the manuals even ordering a 2021MY?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to possibly order a 2021 manual, but was told they are not able to do an order on the manuals currently. Anyone else having this issue?

Does the recall have anyone worried about the manuals even ordering a 2021MY?
They have started building 2020s last week with manuals. If they can keep up with parts they might start doing 2021s shortly after they start production. But there are current owners with theirs in the shop for weeks waiting for those parts.
Can't say if trust the fix don't have a manual. Some people seem to like the fix, others say it won't work. Others replaced theirs with after market clutches.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sbelcher

Sbelcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Just heard from our dealership today. Our 2020 Sahara manual’s “Ship Date” was moved up from June 19th to the 18th. Leon Travis from Criswell in Gaithersburg is awesome! He has kept us updated every step of the way and answered every single one of our questions (and we have asked A LOT of questions. Especially with all of the COVID-19 craziness.)

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Our manual, ordered 3/17 is being built today!

jenandtonic

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lexus LX 570
Need experienced opinions/advice please. I want a Rubicon 2 door manual transmission as my daily driver. Yes, I know the Rubicon as a dd is overkill, but I like the cool factor. I figured I could get a good deal on a 2020 if I could find one on a lot, rather than ordering a 2021. But now I'm concerned that it might have a potential clutch problem. So..... take my chances with a 2020, or wait for 2021? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored