Sponsored

LoD building fire

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Was just going to check on some additional LoD accessories to go with the front bumper and skid I ordered through Northridge 4x4 and was greeted by a red pop up that stated:

Attention
LoD suffered a devastating loss this morning due to a building fire. All production and office will be closed temporarily or until further notice. We will have more information to come as soon as we can. Please be patient and respectful during these hard times.

For more information, please visit our facebook page

Hoping no one was injured. Selfishly, I’m hoping operations can ramp up again soon so I can get the awesome bumper I ordered. Wishing all the best for the employees and families impacted by this fire.
Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, what a bummer! I also need bumpers from them! Glad everyone is ok! Hope they are back up soon!

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Was just going to check on some additional LoD accessories to go with the front bumper and skid I ordered through Northridge 4x4 and was greeted by a red pop up that stated:

Attention
LoD suffered a devastating loss this morning due to a building fire. All production and office will be closed temporarily or until further notice. We will have more information to come as soon as we can. Please be patient and respectful during these hard times.

For more information, please visit our facebook page

Hoping no one was injured. Selfishly, I’m hoping operations can ramp up again soon so I can get the awesome bumper I ordered. Wishing all the best for the employees and families impacted by this fire.
I choose not to like your post for fear it sends the wrong message. I do thank you for sharing this and wish the extended LOD family a speedy and financially minimally impacted resumption of their business.

Wrangler owners tend to "get in bed" with the aftermarket vendors who supply us rig gear. We boldly converse with owners about our likes and dislikes of their product, and exchange rigid loyalty for say in the design process.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I choose not to like your post for fear it sends the wrong message. I do thank you for sharing this and wish the extended LOD family a speedy and financially minimally impacted resumption of their business.

Wrangler owners tend to "get in bed" with the aftermarket vendors who supply us rig gear. We boldly converse with owners about our likes and dislikes of their product, and exchange rigid loyalty for say in the design process.
the like button has many different meanings, I’m sure the Jeep community would understand what you meant if you liked it. I don’t think anyone’s going to misinterpret when it comes to a tragedy..;).

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
the like button has many different meanings, I’m sure the Jeep community would understand what you meant if you liked it. I don’t think anyone’s going to misinterpret when it comes to a tragedy..;).
I agree, especially in light of my further color commentary. There was just something about respect (to LOD in this case) that my parents instilled in me that made this feel iffy. : - )

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Now there are rules for the "like" button. wow I didn't know this. I guess my millennial children forgot to tell me.

On topic I wish them a speedy recovery. I am a big fan of theirs and do love there stuff so for those that are waiting, keep waiting they are worth it.

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Edit...Just saw there was already another post about this..

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Sucks, although inventory can be replaced, sounds like no one was hurt, I was hoping to possibly pick up an LoD bumper during the holiday season

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Stuff like this can really impact businesses but it is especially hard on small businesses. I am very happy no one was hurt and I hope that their business can bounce back quickly.

I just purchased my Jeep yesterday and I was going to be ordering destroyer sliders this weekend. That will have to wait while these folks work to get their lives back in order.

Godspeed folks!

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathies. As you already may know, no one was hurt in this mornings fire. We would like to thank the local Fire Departments and emergency personel from Otterbein, Pine village, Oxford and Fowler and all support staff and everyone else involved! Thanks to them we are not suffering a more extensive loss. Please bare with us over the next few days while we get everything back in order. I know a lot of you who have placed orders with us or our distributors probably have questions. I would suggest you first contact the distribution company you ordered from, or us if you ordered direct. But please be patient as it may take a couple days for us to respond. We will work to fulfill as many orders as possible as soon as possible!

Thank you all again for your well wishes, I'll continue to post updates to this thread in the coming days.

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I think one of the greatest forms of support you can offer a business when this happens...is to place your order. If they are capable of taking the order, and they/you are willing to deal with the delay in time, I'm sure the business would appreciate the vote of confidence and knowing clients are still lining up. :)

Complete respect if LoD decides to slow the ordering process as they recover from this as well. Always hard to impact customers in a negative manner and most stand up businesses ted to feel like they are letting customers down.

LOVE that the crew from LoD has posted up to keep folks updated. THAT is a stand up company right there. :fist bump:

OP
OP
Coastie6

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathies. As you already may know, no one was hurt in this mornings fire. We would like to thank the local Fire Departments and emergency personel from Otterbein, Pine village, Oxford and Fowler and all support staff and everyone else involved! Thanks to them we are not suffering a more extensive loss. Please bare with us over the next few days while we get everything back in order. I know a lot of you who have placed orders with us or our distributors probably have questions. I would suggest you first contact the distribution company you ordered from, or us if you ordered direct. But please be patient as it may take a couple days for us to respond. We will work to fulfill as many orders as possible as soon as possible!

Thank you all again for your well wishes, I'll continue to post updates to this thread in the coming days.
Glad no one was hurt. Happy to hear your local heroes were able to minimize your loss. No worries on being patient, love your stuff and am glad to wait. All the best in your recovery efforts.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I think one of the greatest forms of support you can offer a business when this happens...is to place your order. If they are capable of taking the order, and they/you are willing to deal with the delay in time, I'm sure the business would appreciate the vote of confidence and knowing clients are still lining up. :)

Complete respect if LoD decides to slow the ordering process as they recover from this as well. Always hard to impact customers in a negative manner and most stand up businesses ted to feel like they are letting customers down.

LOVE that the crew from LoD has posted up to keep folks updated. THAT is a stand up company right there. :fist bump:
Totally true. Worst thing you can do is cancel an order due to delay and go elsewhere as it makes it very difficult for a business to rebound back.

I am lucky as my LOD stuff is on my Jeep, but if you are waiting for stuff to arrive or considering ordering it is well worth the added delay. Great stuff and from a great vendor.