Sponsored

Locker Position Sensor Potting - DANA 44

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How thick would you say the plastic cover is - so we know how deep to set a drill stop.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
How thick would you say the plastic cover is - so we know how deep to set a drill stop.
Just a couple mils. There are several pictures throughout the thread that might be helpful for you, as well as, other comments on the thickness of the cover and what others have done to help mitigate any PCB damage.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Anybody know if they've fixed this yet? Only have about 500 miles on mine. Wondering if "AC" includes the fix.

20210501_170744.jpg

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Start short so you don't damage anything then if you don't go thru adjust just a tad deeper.

20210312_180237.jpg

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

SIGP2101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2021 Rubicon 2.0T
Hi, I am thinking of doing this, and thank you for all of the work here. My JL has only 1000km on it. I have a question, is the original diff gasket reusable or we have to order a new one prior.

Thanks!

LDJD79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi, I am thinking of doing this, and thank you for all of the work here. My JL has only 1000km on it. I have a question, is the original diff gasket reusable or we have to order a new one prior.

Thanks!
It’s reusable. Just clean it off and re-install it once you’re ready.

SIGP2101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2021 Rubicon 2.0T
Thanks a lot! Is it rubber or paper gasket or something else?
Much appreciated!

Sponsored

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I hate to ask a stupid question but here it goes... I just received the potting compound that @chevymitchell recommended (25ML) and it didn't come with a mixing (dispensing) tip. Anybody know where I can get one? Just need one, don't plan on using this for anything else later.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I hate to ask a stupid question but here it goes... I just received the potting compound that @chevymitchell recommended (25ML) and it didn't come with a mixing (dispensing) tip. Anybody know where I can get one? Just need one, don't plan on using this for anything else later.
You can get tips just about anywhere that sells epoxy.

You get a tip when you order the compound depending on which size you order from Amazon.

I ended up buying a bag of 25 tip, so I don't have to worry about cleaning them out every time. I just pot and move FWD with the job.

These are what I ordered before: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089Q2WWKN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you just need the one, any hardware store should have some. You can also use a baby medicine syringe. You would just need to make sure you have the potting compound mixed completely before sucking it up into the syringe.

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
You can get tips just about anywhere that sells epoxy.

You get a tip when you order the compound depending on which size you order from Amazon.

I ended up buying a bag of 25 tip, so I don't have to worry about cleaning them out every time. I just pot and move FWD with the job.

These are what I ordered before: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089Q2WWKN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you just need the one, any hardware store should have some. You can also use a baby medicine syringe. You would just need to make sure you have the potting compound mixed completely before sucking it up into the syringe.
I ordered the one you linked to - thought it would come with the tip. Package was taped shut like it had been opened, maybe someone robbed the tip. Oh well, I will see if Home Depot has them. Thanks for the great write-up on potting and all of your follow-up info! As soon as I find a tip I am going to do mine.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I ordered the one you linked to - thought it would come with the tip. Package was taped shut like it had been opened, maybe someone robbed the tip. Oh well, I will see if Home Depot has them. Thanks for the great write-up on potting and all of your follow-up info! As soon as I find a tip I am going to do mine.
Ah, yeah. The link to the one I recommended comes with a tip. Sounds like you got robbed.
Sponsored