Lifted Suspension Issues - Need Advice

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
That's what I'm thinking. It didn't look messed up like this when I completed the lift. I wish I would have taken pictures. With the rear wheels on, I don't see the rear coils. I decided to crawl underneath today and saw how bad it looked. After 3 alignment shops, I needed feedback.
I feel your pain and you'll get through this, and I would add that any alignment shop that let you drive away with your rear suspension like that should be dick punched.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobowolf

Lobowolf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Diesel JLUR
So you have alignment shops that have no idea what they are doing but you came here to bash on Northridge and Rock Krawler? Seems pretty petty.
You may be right. But, I've had a previous issue with both regarding this lift. Just so that we are clear Word302, I'm here to get my suspension issues diagnosed and resolved.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
You may be right. But, I've had a previous issue with both regarding this lift. Just so that we are clear Word302, I'm here to get my suspension issues diagnosed and resolved.
Why don’t you measure the lengths of the arms and bars and compare them to what RK has listed as a starting point? Would be a quick first step that would take all of 5 minutes.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I get it that you're not happy, but let's aim the frustration at the right people. With regards to your past problems, stuff happens. Did they make it right?

OP
OP
Lobowolf

Lobowolf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Diesel JLUR
Why don’t you measure the lengths of the arms and bars and compare them to what RK has listed as a starting point? Would be a quick first step that would take all of 5 minutes.
Ya, I'm going to reset the rear arms back to what RK specs are
Working on it

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

my first impression was wrong parts since its a diesel. just some growing pains of having the new and different wrangler. been there done that. had my mustang on my buddy's lift for over a week because a company kept sending wrong parts (more than once). in my situation, it wasnt a new kit though. it was just idiots working at the company.

at least you didnt pay a shop to install this shit show, like others had with the Mopar lift. and then have to pay them to redo it. the good part about all this is that YOU really learn what is under your jeep and how it works. you should be expert level by the time youre done. thats better than someone who pays a shop to do everything and has no clue whats going on down there. thats one reason why i like to tackle my own installs if possible. you'll get it figured out if you keep at it :beer:

also why i have more than one vehicle if im going to be modifying one/them. i always have a back up vehicle in case one ends up on jackstands for a while. then im not in a rush or freaking out. i can definitely empathize with you on that.

sfurash53

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
First I understand the issues caused by others like the alignment shop but clearly RK put a lift kit out there for the Diesel that wasn't ready for prime time.
They weren't the only ones as several other companies did the same
My issue here is for what this kit probably cost it should have been ready out of the box. RK has no excuse for shipping a lift that's not ready.
Being first is great but not if it doesn't work.
If I but something for my vehicle and the experts/manufacturer tell me it'll work I expect it to work.
That's why they get the big bucks.

Sponsored

Matthewraffai

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your rear track bar is on backwards that’s one issue. I just double checked mine and my zerc fitting side is on the passenger not drive like yours. I have the exact same RK track bar. Second is my friend has the exact same RK lift on his last Jeep and 4wheel parts installed it just like yours is with the springs all jacked up. I told them that they didn’t install it right since my friends not mechanical at all being a DR, and I told them I guarantee if they adjusted the Rear control arms it would change the pionion angle on the rear for the springs to be seated normal again and the mechanic agreed and it was adjusted and fixed to the right angle.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
First I understand the issues caused by others like the alignment shop but clearly RK put a lift kit out there for the Diesel that wasn't ready for prime time.
They weren't the only ones as several other companies did the same
My issue here is for what this kit probably cost it should have been ready out of the box. RK has no excuse for shipping a lift that's not ready.
Being first is great but not if it doesn't work.
If I but something for my vehicle and the experts/manufacturer tell me it'll work I expect it to work.
That's why they get the big bucks.
That's patently false. The Diesel kits share all the control arms with their gas counter parts. They share all the same spring seats, sway bar links, front track bar, etc. What is different is spring rates and rear track bar. On the very first diesel we bought and built, we discovered that the rear track bar needed a different bend profile to clear the DEF tank and exhaust and that the rear track bar bracket needed to be updated as the breather tube for the rear differential runs in that location. We didn't miss this, it is why the RK06692B track bar exists. The challenge is getting all the retailers updated on all the individual kits and components which is where we missed the mark in this particular case.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
DUDE!! Dont drive it. til you get it squared away. Something is way off. I think you got the front and rear swapped and the rear is definitely backwards. When in doubt, take it apart and do it right. You will be thankful you did.. Be safe my friend.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I feel for the op, the distribution partner sent him the wrongs part, and things escalated from there. Reaffirms my decision to take my lift to one of the two best regarded shops in my area. Little nervous that I bought my parts myself from a reseller, but will be double checking all my parts before taking it all down to the shop for install.

I will say we l hold back on judging the opp, or the brand, and even the distributor who admitted some fault. As this was a multilayered event. And just try to help the guy out.. I would be a frustrated mess in his position.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Your rear track bar is on backwards that’s one issue. I just double checked mine and my zerc fitting side is on the passenger not drive like yours. I have the exact same RK track bar. Second is my friend has the exact same RK lift on his last Jeep and 4wheel parts installed it just like yours is with the springs all jacked up. I told them that they didn’t install it right since my friends not mechanical at all being a DR, and I told them I guarantee if they adjusted the Rear control arms it would change the pionion angle on the rear for the springs to be seated normal again and the mechanic agreed and it was adjusted and fixed to the right angle.
On the RK JL track bars, the zerk fitting should be on the frame side, the adjustable joint should be on the axle. Both front and rear.
Sponsored