First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I have searched and there are plenty of threads. But I wanted to get the most up to date recommendations.

The last few weeks I have had some early days due to a change of command and prep for an upcoming training exercise. Those mornings have made the lack of lighting from the halogen headlights very evident. That being said it’s time for some leds.

What’s the current go to for affordable upgrade. Kiwi masters still the go to?
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I still like the Beamtech's. I got the fanless ones and they are still going strong almost a year later. And they only cost me $40. Someday I might replace the entire fixture but so far I've been more than happy with the Beamtech LED bulb replacement.

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Which one of trhe Beamtech lights did you get? I didn't see a reference on their website as to which one I'd need.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I have searched and there are plenty of threads. But I wanted to get the most up to date recommendations.

The last few weeks I have had some early days due to a change of command and prep for an upcoming training exercise. Those mornings have made the lack of lighting from the halogen headlights very evident. That being said it’s time for some leds.

LED lights are one of the first mods I did. This was October of last year on my 2020 JLU. My initial plan was to add OEM LEDs but the install was much more involved than I realized. So I looked for other brand names I knew like JW Speaker but they were all 7in so would have to use an adapter to fit.

I ended up going with these - https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-led-headlights-rch5100.html

They were $399 at the time, they are now $459. I also see another option that is $499 that was not available when I purchased. The install is pretty straight forward, biggest challenge for me was getting the grill off for the first time. Ive had them for almost a year now. I like them, Ive gotten compliments on them, and they are much brighter than the stock halogen.

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for the Beamtechs. I've had these for 2 years with no issues.
$40 beats several hundred every day of the week. They are plug and play in your halogen housings, just make sure you adjust your headlights down a touch after install.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I drive a lot in the middle of nowhere at night, so I opted to go for the Oracle Oculus. Far from the cheapest way to go, but man, they light up better than any other lights I have ever had on a car.

As for using LED lightbulbs in the halogen housing, I hope you have better success than I did. I could never get them aimed properly and even brought them into my local 4x4 shop. I ended up getting a ticket for having unsafely aimed lights!

While I understand the cost difference, I think LED complete units are one upgrade that is well worth it.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

I ran Kiwi's for 19 months with zero issues, highly recommend them for a good, bright LED with a good cutoff pattern.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Which one of trhe Beamtech lights did you get? I didn't see a reference on their website as to which one I'd need.
I'm running the same ones @WranglerMan posted above (from Amazon). I made a reference line on my garage wall with tape with the halogens, and the cutoff on these Beamtechs was identical. I have had not one person flash me in almost a year of having them, to me the light pattern seems pretty good. The improvement over the halogens is phenomenal for the price.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
On the BeamTech headlight bulbs did you have to do anything except swap them out?

I've spent hours researching upgrading my Sport to all LEDs and just when I think I've got a handle on it I read something bad. Flickering, fast flash, dash warnings, etc.

Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
On the BeamTech headlight bulbs did you have to do anything except swap them out?

I've spent hours researching upgrading my Sport to all LEDs and just when I think I've got a handle on it I read something bad. Flickering, fast flash, dash warnings, etc.
Ive got the Kwiki, and they will flicker from time to time. But with anything that changes the draw of current from the electrical system you could get any of those issues mentioned, and you will know within the first few days of driving. So if you dont like it you will easily be able to send it back and try something else.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase

I have the BeamTechs and the only thing I did was swap out and adjust the headlight down a little after the few times I've been flashed by oncoming drivers. I like them and never had any other issues.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

I went from all Halogens to all LED on my previous JLUS with zero issues... Kiwi Headlights, Spyder Sequential Tail Lights, and quality replacement bulbs for Fogs & Turn Lights... Everything was plug and play.
Sponsored