Keyfob now 30% smaller!

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Got it, took 4 min to swap. Lot smaller than the original when in your hand. Only complaint, if any, would be it is 'hollow' feeling where as the factory fob has a solid weight to it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Keyfob now 30% smaller! IMG_3924

Reactions: DC3

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Got it, took 4 min to swap. Lot smaller than the original when in your hand. Only complaint, if any, would be it is 'hollow' feeling where as the factory fob has a solid weight to it.
IMG_3924.jpg
@lowmpg

That Camo looks great! ..... Indeed , the Model S weighs way way less.. and you will find that in short order you will adjust to that light weight...

I have had my Model S for 2+ months and I am enjoying it / appreciating it more each day..

The assembly is so easy.... you'd think it would be harder.... What do you think of that little Torx 6 driver they send with the fob?... I really like...

Reactions: DC3

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
@lowmpg

That Camo looks great! ..... Indeed , the Model S weighs way way less.. and you will find that in short order you will adjust to that light weight...

I have had my Model S for 2+ months and I am enjoying it / appreciating it more each day..

The assembly is so easy.... you'd think it would be harder.... What do you think of that little Torx driver they send with it... I really like...
It was great that they gave you the tools. I should add the only PITA part was honestly getting the chip out, mainly because the video made it look a lot simpler than mine :)

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was great that they gave you the tools. I should add the only PITA part was honestly getting the chip out, mainly because the video made it look a lot simpler than mine :)
@lowmpg
I have removed a few of those chips.... yup, the chip can get you cussing... some do come out easy easy where other's will fight with you so to speak....

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@lowmpg

Well, you have had your Model S for a few days now...... a pleasure right.... ?

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

Sponsored

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer
Its pretty funny that some don’t like the size of the stock FOB and yes it’s somewhat large and could have been made smaller but we complain about a fob this size but think nothing of other things we carry that are larger.

I carry my stock FOB with no key ring with keys, not even a house key (never have) and all I have is a front pocket wallet with a small pocket knife and that’s it no change or anything else and I don’t have proximity entry.

Jeep Wrangler JL Keyfob now 30% smaller! 20210727_093218

But then lots don’t think a thing about carrying a phablet

Jeep Wrangler JL Keyfob now 30% smaller! 20210727_093218

I will say it’s all about personal choice that’s what makes us all different but if a maker wants to really do us a solid make a app so we don’t have to carry anything, now that would be Grand 👍🏻
That looks like a Saddleback wallet..

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like a Saddleback wallet..
Its a shell Cordovan from Ashland Leather, not sure it’s worth the coin I paid but I have carried it many years and it does have some bumps an bruises but its holding up with just cosmetic wear.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I received my model m 4 button fob. I can’t seem to get the rfid chip out. What are you all using to pry it out? I watched the video and I have a pick tool set on order that I hope works but thought I’d poll the group. I’d prefer not to cut if I can avoid that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@wrigleyville29

You or anyone at that, in less then two minutes, take the circuit board and battery out of the stock fob. You can do that and then just hide (Hide it well) the gutted stock fob with the RFID chip still in it, in your JL.

You would want to have the stock fob shell with the RFID chip hidden in the JL/JT, just in case your fob battery ever went dead in the fob, or the circuit board in the fob died, etc.. (rare event)

Your DI labs fobs without the RFID chip will work just as if the chip was in it...

You do not need the RFID chip.... only time you need it is if the fob stops working and you have to push the chip against the start button while you foot is on the brake pedal to start the JL.

SO, an alternative for those that are adamant that they do not want to remove the RFID chip, but still would enjoy having/using a DI Labs fob, do consider this alternative.
Sponsored