red one

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL

@Bowhunter23

The F05 fuse in the PDC, is for the "Security Gateway" and that has nothing to do with such an issue... the issue you are having..

It is a good practice though to routinely push down any and all in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) as just that wards off some electrical Gremlins.

You may have read, about JL owner's pulling F97 which, causes UConnect to immediately reboot. This is helpful with many UConnect related issues...

IF you were saying your Proximity was out, etc., I would say try an F97 fuse pull as UConnect deals with Proximity on/off as it has settings for same.

Curious.... when did this issue of yours star?.... has it just been since colder Weather has set in?

You mentioned one fob has a brand new battery and the other does not..... Can tell you that many/most posts here over the last 3 yrs. talking the issue you are having...... were fob battery related.. Guys/Gals, THINK their fob battery is aok and it is not.. Consider buying two, quality CR2450 batteries and putting them in your fobs.... then see if the issue still happens with one or both fobs.

Yes, could be a bad module.... but exhaust all the simple remedies first before that dealer visit... ...

...UNLESS, if you are still under warranty.... if so get to dealer ASAP for this, as your 2018 will soon soon be out of warranty...

Sponsored

red one

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
2018 JL would not start 3 times each a week apart. first try in the morning nothing. later that each day it would start. No lights come on around the starter button and fob does not unlock the doors. Just bought this in 11/2021. Sits outside and it is cold in Chicago. Replaced batteries in the fobs, no change. after third time had it towed to dealer. It has been there for 4 days now and they can not duplicate the problem, so they won't replace any parts. Any ideas? Help. I can not go out in the morning not knowing if it will start or not. Master tech at the dealer says he has never seen this.

OP
OP
Bowhunter23

Bowhunter23

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR-4xe, '85 CJ-7
2018 JL would not start 3 times each a week apart. first try in the morning nothing. later that each day it would start. No lights come on around the starter button and fob does not unlock the doors. Just bought this in 11/2021. Sits outside and it is cold in Chicago. Replaced batteries in the fobs, no change. after third time had it towed to dealer. It has been there for 4 days now and they can not duplicate the problem, so they won't replace any parts. Any ideas? Help. I can not go out in the morning not knowing if it will start or not. Master tech at the dealer says he has never seen this.
Will your’s start if you push the start button with the fob? Or won’t start at all? If it won’t start at all then sounds like a bigger issue.
I narrowed my issue down to only having an issue if the fob gets really cold. Like in my pocket while out hunting in sub freezing temps or even if just sitting in the fob holder between the cup holders if it’s really cold out and I don’t have the heat on hot enough when driving for a long time. If the fob gets cold, it won’t unlock/lock the doors and I get the “key fob not detected” msg but I can always start the Jeep by pushing the fob to the start button.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I've had this same problem a few times since the weather here has gotten really cold. Like Bowhunter, it's usually when I have been outside and the fob is in my coat pocket and gets really cold. Once things warm up, no problem.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
FOB stopped working, replaced battery on it and still doesn’t work (don’t get the red light on the fob like when it works). I can turn car on when I place fob nose on start button but can’t lock/unlock. Any suggestions? Will dealer replace it? Still under warranty.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Dealership. Use the spare, and have them replace the defective one.
Sponsored