Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
you don't need to be afraid of saying what brand you use. if there's something that works well for you, you shouldn't be afraid to help others out with the info.
Agreed... and it's not like there's an abundance of makers for this thing for the JL. We call out manufacturers here often... good, bad, or indifferent; sponsors or not. Helps out the community.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just checked catch can and WOW only 3k miles and almost halfway full. Don't wanna say brand don't think they are a sponsor and I know there is a sponsor that has them. Any catch can is better than nothing. This was with no extreme angles this round.

20190301_181030.jpg

20190301_181229.jpg
That's gotta be the smallest catchcan in the world. Surprized it wasn't overflowing.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I’m installing my UPR catch can today. I’ll let everyone know how well it works.
@Litfuse

Be sure to save everything you pull off your JL when you do the catch can install.

You will need those pull offs every time you go to the dealership service department.

You will have to uninstall the catch can and get it back to stock before/ each time, your JL goes to the dealership service department.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
@Litfuse

Be sure to save everything you pull off your JL when you do the catch can install.

You will need those pull offs every time you go to the dealership service department.

You will have to uninstall the catch can and get it back to stock before/ each time, your JL goes to the dealership service department.

Unless I need warranty work, I do all my own stuff. Depending on the warranty work, sometimes I just do it myself as well. I hope I never have to use it on my JLR.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless I need warranty work, I do all my own stuff. Depending on the warranty work, sometimes I just do it myself as well. I hope I never have to use it on my JLR.
@Litfuse

Yes, I avoid dealership service departments like the plague..

With today's vehicles.... especially a 1st yr. model vehicle, it is very hard not to have to go to the dealership for say TSB related, computer flashes, etc. that you just can't do yourself. Also anytime you have a part malfunction.. break because of a design flaw, etc., the vehicle has to go in.

So, even though you are like I and do your own work, you will be .... anyway, do keep your pull offs.

My post was just meant to remind you to go easy on the stuff you pull off and then save the pull offs cause you will be reinstalling the stuff quite a bit.

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
@Litfuse

False, my local dealership has never said anything about the catch can on my ‘10 challenger and they’ve performed all the warranty work on it.

And if your statements were true, wouldn’t it apply to all the mods we do to our Jeeps?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
False, my local dealership has never said anything about the catch can on my ‘10 challenger and they’ve performed all the warranty work on it.

And if your statements were true, wouldn’t it apply to all the mods we do to our Jeeps?
@PowerGuy

You'll learn .... Yup, there are a lot of mods you sure as hell should remove before a trip to the dealership.

SURE, you can leave them on. You will figure it out.... I have been there done that and know the drill, so to speak.

Yes, much depends on the dealer and such but when you have an issue, the first thing the dealer is going to do is cry foul ..... that the mod was the cause and FCA is........

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
@PowerGuy

You'll learn .... Yup, there are a lot of mods you sure as hell should remove before a trip to the dealership.

SURE, you can leave them on. You will figure it out.... I have been there done that and know the drill, so to speak.

Yes, much depends on the dealer and such but when you have an issue, the first thing the dealer is going to do is cry foul ..... that the mod was the cause and FCA is........

Haha...it’s a 2 way street. Maybe it’s YOUR dealer that’s the problem?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rockadile

You'll learn. You'll learn that when the chitt hits the fan so too speak the dealer ise going to cow down and FCA will dictate what happens / what the dealer gets paid for.

Sure, I do have dealers that turn their head/ ignore add ons.. but when the chitt hits the fan so to speak, they suddenly remember your mods ... mods they saw and well, will throw them in your face.

In general, it really is best if you can, not to put the dealership in the position of covering up for you in regard to mods... again, push comes to shove the dealership is not your buddy and they will assist the mothership (FCA) if it means FCA or the dealer will be out $.

You'll learn....

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
@rockadile

You'll learn. You'll learn that when the chitt hits the fan so too speak the dealer ise going to cow down and FCA will dictate what happens / what the dealer gets paid for.

Sure, I do have dealers that turn their head/ ignore add ons.. but when the chitt hits the fan so to speak, they suddenly remember your mods ... mods they saw and well, will throw them in your face.

In general, it really is best if you can, not to put the dealership in the position of covering up for you in regard to mods... again, push comes to shove the dealership is not your buddy and they will assist the mothership (FCA) if it means FCA or the dealer will be out $.

You'll learn....

:LOL: We get it, you don’t like catch cans. They do nothing and void your warranty. You made your point, move along. No need to post every other comment an additional doom and gloom post. No wonder your post count is so high.
Sponsored