Oil Catch Can and Blow-by

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Are you having an oil consumption problem?
not having oil consumption problem, just a frequent knock at low speed. Doesn't last long, but it pops up constantly. I've never had a bone stock engine knock and rattle and miss at low rpm, so trying to help it out a bit
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Right, I think he was under the impression that the catch can was somehow integrated into the valve cover instead of in the PVC hose.
that’s not the impression I get at all.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Exactly.. the same oily mist combined with fuel dilution and combustion gases. It's a nasty mix that used to vent to atmosphere, now it's reburned.
not sure where you’re getting this idea from, the PCV hose comes straight off of the valve cover. The gases you’re referring to are inside of the crankcase and therefore in all of your oil.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
not sure where you’re getting this idea from, the PCV hose comes straight off of the valve cover. The gases you’re referring to are inside of the crankcase and therefore in all of your oil.
Right, they are in the crank case where it’s not a problem, when they get in the intake manifold is where the debate begins.

These threads always end up hijacked by those who, for various reasons, dislike them. Just like which oil weight should I use and many others.
Gregj

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Im leaning towards the Mishimoto but I don't believe there's a drain line with the 2.0 kit, it reads towards the bottom of their site that they don't recommend the use of a drain kit with this catch can.
Might want to try the 2.0 subforum, but from what I've seen the 2.0s don't really have that much blowby. The catch cans aren't really catching much on the 2.0s.

Sponsored

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Might want to try the 2.0 subforum, but from what I've seen the 2.0s don't really have that much blowby. The catch cans aren't really catching much on the 2.0s.
if that is the case, i'm betting it's because of the 5w-30

PA JLUR

First Name
Cos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the Mishimoto. Happy with clean install. Very satisfied with purchase ever time I drain it.~5k miles. Nasty stuff in there. This is what settled at the bottom after a recent drain
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil Catch Can and Blow-by 34A3027E-547B-4BDB-8C7B-4E80EAC8A0BE
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil Catch Can and Blow-by 01D8E183-E9D1-424F-BD9E-A1BA7ECE50BA
Sponsored