JL Bikini Tops?

adifabio

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
I ordered the rampage bikini top and will run that year round along with a tonneau cover once those are available for the JL as well. Until my rampage top is in this is how I'm running my jeep.

no doors.jpeg
do you have a link for this top?
Sponsored

mm141

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Received my Suntop yesterday. So far I'm happy with it. They shipped it on Monday and I received it Wednesday. It took about two hours to install by myself. The instructions were not that great and the videos are for the JK so it was a little challenging. Took it out on the road and the wind noise is not bad...about the same as any other soft top. Had it up to 80 mph with a pretty good crosswind. One of the back straps came loose due to the strong crosswind but that was my fault for not ensuring the cargo cover was secured under the molding. Haven't had any issues since. Had some rain also and did not experience any leaking. The top rolls up very easily and can be put back on in about 2 minutes.

To have the seatbelts in back properly work, you have to cut a 2" slit in a reinforced point (which they tell you but the instructions are not great). It's at a weird angle for the seatbelt so it's a little slow retracting. The covers are definitely tight putting them on. I let them sit out in the sun for a little bit and that helped stretch them out and are easier to get off and on. Overall, I'm happy with the top but this is only day two.

837B066C-F3AB-4A13-AAAB-4F3F4B2A259E.jpeg

47A744AA-8FDA-46D0-A24E-B854BC8B60D2.jpeg

7A566F3C-59E8-4984-BC7F-5F9A89480DE1.jpeg

Last edited:

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
^ yeah, I got hit up for $36 from UPS too.

On a related note, I got out on the highway tonight to see how the wind noise is. It’s definitely louder than the hard top, but nothing different than you’d expect from. soft top. No flapping or other goofy things. Window in back was rock solid - it doesn’t move around in the wind or anything.

One thing I also love about the top is that because there are no moving hard parts, there’s nothing to clank together to make noise when gojngover humps, unlike the factory top.

I also rolled up the top for the first time. Took 1 minute to go topless.

I also folded down the vertical part of the cargo window. I think this is how I’ll be rolling this summer for the most part unless going through heavy rain.

E2B88DAC-374F-491B-A26B-0634B1D0C6DA.jpeg

6C245C30-0320-4425-977E-D9F261FE1A47.jpeg

550BE6B0-BA96-44A5-8999-8A7EE6BA21F9.jpeg

D24FB36E-E8F5-4F0B-AB3A-D8C3E03000C9.jpeg
I noticed in your pictures you have it rolled up at the front, is that how it stored when your driving around or can you remove the whole top and say store it in the cargo area or under the seat, like an emergency? If it is rolled up like that have you noticed any issues? Thanks again for being our forum test bed for this top!

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
I noticed in your pictures you have it rolled up at the front, is that how it stored when your driving around or can you remove the whole top and say store it in the cargo area or under the seat, like an emergency? If it is rolled up like that have you noticed any issues? Thanks again for being our forum test bed for this top!
Yes, it stays rolled up front when you open the top. You could remove it by unscrewing one nut on each side. No issues with it rolled up while driving. If anything, it probably just reduces turbulence in the cabin like most sunroof deflectors do

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Another bikini less summer?
Looks like it. I guess the price points we are looking for and the profit margins are two thin to actually care about us as customers. Some start-up has a good entry point if they are thinking of moving into this space. There isn't much love for the existing companies out there, that is for sure.

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased, ran for 3 days, and am now returning the @AlienSunshade full top for the JLUR via Amazon. I liked it's fit, does a great job throwing great shade, but reassembling the hard top over the existing shade was a challenge to say the least. i ended up having to unhook the bungees to re attach the freedom panels.

Instead, I'm waiting for their two piece black kit to be available and will order that. i will keep the rear permanently installed but remove the front shade and re attach on an add needed basis.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just purchased, ran for 3 days, and am now returning the @AlienSunshade full top for the JLUR via Amazon. I liked it's fit, does a great job throwing great shade, but reassembling the hard top over the existing shade was a challenge to say the least. i ended up having to unhook the bungees to re attach the freedom panels.

Instead, I'm waiting for their two piece black kit to be available and will order that. i will keep the rear permanently installed but remove the front shade and re attach on an add needed basis.
I have two piece red, great for sun, horrible for rain ;-)

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB, 2018 Toyota Tundra XP CrewMax

For what it's worth, I have the two-piece Alien Sunshade, and I'm able to get the hardtop and freedom panels on and off without any issues. The two separate pieces makes it easier to get around without ever having to remove the shades. I think you'll like it much more than the one-piece.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Let’s all call and email bestop to demand a bikini top! Dude on the phone said end of spring to me!

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Wrangler JLUR
Got caught in a thunderstorm in the Cathedral Valley of Capitol Reef a couple weeks ago with the hard top off. Thank goodness there are so many bikini top options for the JL, so we were prepared... :)

IMG_3428.jpg

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger on the the @Rampage black california brief soft top the other day. It's suppossed to ship today, from communications with Rampage, " it does ship with the windshield channel" the total was $48 shipped soI'm willing to try it out.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I pulled the trigger on the the @Rampage black california brief soft top the other day. It's suppossed to ship today, from communications with Rampage, " it does ship with the windshield channel" the total was $48 shipped soI'm willing to try it out.
Interesting...from I can tell it is a bikini top right?

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting...from I can tell it is a bikini top right?
yes, seems like a true bikini top.... the pictures are horrible. but if you look at the JK style it looks like it, its not going to seal around the tops of the windows. but its a good enough to throw on for those pop-up rain showers
Sponsored