First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
Sweet pics - what was the cost?
$970 shipped.

Think it was $550 for the top and then $350 for the cargo top plus shipping. The fastback window option (similar to the Beatop Trektop look for the back) was about the same. It’s nice that you can do either or both

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Can you roll with just the top on that setup, or is one of the two window options required? I really just want something minimalist that will keep things mostly dry. Also I take my dog to work with me every day and he isn't allowed in the back seat so the cargo cover is out and the fastback isn't my cup o tea.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
Can you roll with just the top on that setup, or is one of the two window options required? I really just want something minimalist that will keep things mostly dry. Also I take my dog to work with me every day and he isn't allowed in the back seat so the cargo cover is out and the fastback isn't my cup o tea.
I believe you can

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Cool. I'll Have to give them a shout. Thanks for the info, pics, and write up!

Sponsored

Yushin

First Name
Greg Mezyk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
$970 shipped.

Think it was $550 for the top and then $350 for the cargo top plus shipping. The fastback window option (similar to the Beatop Trektop look for the back) was about the same. It’s nice that you can do either or both
$970 shipped.

Screenshot_20190522-211058_Email.jpg

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
^ yeah, I got hit up for $36 from UPS too.

On a related note, I got out on the highway tonight to see how the wind noise is. It’s definitely louder than the hard top, but nothing different than you’d expect from. soft top. No flapping or other goofy things. Window in back was rock solid - it doesn’t move around in the wind or anything.

One thing I also love about the top is that because there are no moving hard parts, there’s nothing to clank together to make noise when gojngover humps, unlike the factory top.

I also rolled up the top for the first time. Took 1 minute to go topless.

I also folded down the vertical part of the cargo window. I think this is how I’ll be rolling this summer for the most part unless going through heavy rain.

E2B88DAC-374F-491B-A26B-0634B1D0C6DA.jpeg

6C245C30-0320-4425-977E-D9F261FE1A47.jpeg

550BE6B0-BA96-44A5-8999-8A7EE6BA21F9.jpeg

D24FB36E-E8F5-4F0B-AB3A-D8C3E03000C9.jpeg

Last edited:

buckinoff

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I met these guys at SEMA and talked to them about their top. I think it's going to be an awesome product. to me, this top is the perfect solution because it can go full topless very easily, and it also gives you the option of doing the fast back or the cargo top (the one with the tonneau). Both use the same top piece, so you could just buy both sets for the back and have the option of switching back and forth with relative ease.

production has just been taking longer than expected. I've been on their pre-order list for a couple months now, and I know I'm far from alone. last week, they said they expected to have a run of JL unlimited tops available at the end of this week. fingers crossed that happens and that they can sell one to me.

if this works out, I'll certainly be posting photos and impressions.
How did you order it? I emailed them with no response and Extemeterrain had no idea when it would come in as of yesterday. I'm desperate now. What was the price?

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
While this is cool. Seems overkill for what I really want — a freakin bikini top. Attaches at windows covers the doors and straps somewhere in the back. This is a $1000 soft top.

mm141

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
How did you order it? I emailed them with no response and Extemeterrain had no idea when it would come in as of yesterday. I'm desperate now. What was the price?
I ordered mine two days ago. Should be here next week...hopefully. I emailed Suntop directly. They responded within a reasonable time considering the company is in Italy and the time difference comes into play. Had to email them a few times to get them to answer my questions but no complaints about response time.

Just like the previous posts stated, the price for the top depends on what you are looking for. I ordered the top with the cargo cover, and it came to $970 with shipping. Apparently, there is an import fee of about $40 also. The top can also be ordered with the fastback windows instead of the cargo cover, which is a little cheaper. I preferred the look with the cargo cover and haven't been able to find a company in the US that sells it. If you like the fastback, Besttop has one (Trektop) for about $900 that is sold in the states already.

To order the top with desired back, you need to email the company your full name, address, and telephone number so they can generate a pre-order form. Once you review it and confirm it is correct, then you go to PayPal to pay for the top, or you can do a bank transfer. PayPal informed me that it could take up to two days for the transaction to be complete so I have not received a confirmation invoice from SunTop yet. Hoping it comes tomorrow with a confirmed delivery date.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
While this is cool. Seems overkill for what I really want — a freakin bikini top. Attaches at windows covers the doors and straps somewhere in the back. This is a $1000 soft top.
You can order just the top part of it for $550. It’s modular

Yushin

First Name
Greg Mezyk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Looks great. A bit noisy. And rear belts are a bit strange for the cargo top. Other than that
Its waterproof and now I can have the Jeep look with a top rolls up in 2 minutes.

20190526_110712.jpg
Sponsored