Sponsored

Are there ANY JLU Bikini Tops Available Anywhere?

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've been searching for a Bikini Top for my JLU ... everything I find is for the JK which I know won't work if it connects to front window as it is much different ... any luck anyone?

I know it's gonna be winter, but I live in South Texas - it is almost never winter.
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I drilled two holes that match up to the eyelets the freedom panels fit into and ran bolts through with spacers. Had to slightly bend the windshield channel but it works well.

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't that the socket to align the pin for the freedom panel? What is it made of? Is it structurally sound?
Yes-It’s a pretty beefy piece of that light alloy, probably aluminum/magnesium.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I've been searching for a Bikini Top for my JLU ... everything I find is for the JK which I know won't work if it connects to front window as it is much different ... any luck anyone?

I know it's gonna be winter, but I live in South Texas - it is almost never winter.
Brian...I lack intelligence on what if any JL market offerings currently exist. If it's slim pickins' or exorbitant in price (usually the 2 are related) consider a trip to the nearby Harbor Freight store for some tarp, grommets and ball ties.

https://www.harborfreight.com/11-ft...-all-purposeweather-resistant-tarp-69211.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-ball-stretch-cord-set-47302.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-grommet-installation-kit-104-pc-63237.html

Cut the tarp 4" longer on all 4 sides than you need. On opposing sides, fold over twice at 2" the material, and grommet it every few inches to not only keep it that way, but have a place to attach the ball cords to as you loop them as well around the rig.

Once opposing sides are done, cut the corners of all 4 sides so that you can fold over the adjacent sides to the originally folded ones. Grommet, attach, enjoy!

I did one of these using their mesh fabric, https://www.harborfreight.com/8-ft-x-16-ft-mesh-all-purposeweather-resistant-tarp-60582.html but when I read your use of the term bikini top I thought you might have desire for opaqueness.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Zazoh

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Good luck!
Great Info - My son actually mentioned to me, "Hey dad, why don't we just make one ... " I just may, Heck I could even put him to work and start a Father Son Brief Top biz. No one else is doing it.

Thanks again for helping out.

Sponsored

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Great Info - My son actually mentioned to me, "Hey dad, why don't we just make one ... " I just may, Heck I could even put him to work and start a Father Son Brief Top biz. No one else is doing it.

Thanks again for helping out.
I made a 14' wide backyard movie screen out of spandex-like material. I took the raw fabric to a dry cleaner and they doubled over and sewed the edge. Then I took the material to a sign shop and they installed grommets. For a mesh-like material some webbing sewn into the hem would be good reinforcement for grommets.

BTW, I'll be able to test a prototype next June if you have one ready. ;)

Last edited:

Jlurubiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu
This was an email with besttop February 2019 no tops like that until 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we likely won't have those products until next year around Spring time.
Bestop Customer Service
800.845.3567 www.bestop.com
PLEASE REPLY WITH PRIOR COMMUNICATION
Bestop, Inc

Feb 9, 1:32 PM MST

Hey do you know is there any outlook on jlu full summer top accessories? I know you have the nextop out but I like the old windjammer bakini and deck cover type... I hate rocking the hard top all summer long!!! Any information would be greatly appreciated

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
This was an email with besttop February 2019 no tops like that until 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we likely won't have those products until next year around Spring time.
Bestop Customer Service
800.845.3567 www.bestop.com
PLEASE REPLY WITH PRIOR COMMUNICATION
Bestop, Inc

Feb 9, 1:32 PM MST

Hey do you know is there any outlook on jlu full summer top accessories? I know you have the nextop out but I like the old windjammer bakini and deck cover type... I hate rocking the hard top all summer long!!! Any information would be greatly appreciated
I need to learn how to post gifs...

zladam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I emailed bestop once about this. Actually, it took four messages to get an answer, each time they would send one hilariously inept response a week or two after I sent my question, then I would rephrase it, again and again until I ended up with this gem.

"(Bestopinc)

Jul 10, 7:14 AM MDT

Hello,
Thank you. We have a Sun Bikini for the JL's and other Bikinis are in production now. Don't know when the release is however it should be soon. Keep checking our website for updates.

Bestop, Inc"

I still have no idea if they are making one. Summer is over. I might just do the drilling mod above, thanks for posting that. Kind of crazy that it would take this long for a product that you only have to resize from previous years.
Sponsored