Sponsored

JL Bikini Tops?

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the Rampage California Extended Bikini Top. Myself and a few others jumped on ordering it.

Link to thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-jl-unlimited-does-anyone-know-of-one.10934/

Link to order:

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ifornia-extended-brief-soft-top-black-diamond

I spoke to Rampage and they said should be shipping July 9th'ish but another member called Northridge who told him they should ship on July 2nd...

Here is what their California Extended Brief looked like on the JK so I assume the JL will be similar.

Screenshot_2018-06-29_at_15.11.12.png

Last edited:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
What would happen if you put a Bikini top on the new reported 2019 JL Bikini colored rig?

I fear this:

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
  • “Windshield channel required for all applications“
How do we get one??.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
How do we get one??.
I may be completely off base here Mike, but maybe the windshield channel is not so much a thing you buy, but rather a thing you ….well..."make"...by undoing the 4 interior bolts that keep it attached, and removing the windshield wipers before setting it down.

FWIW, when I installed my homemade one I didn't have a windshield wiper removal too; yet and my passenger's side windshield wiper was stuck. It made no difference. I only had to make this opening a tiny bit to get cord through to secure the bikini top. I didn't need to remove the wipers.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
How do we get one??.
Wait for Rampage to ship it with the top? They told me, when I spoke with them on the phone, that it's included...

I am going to call Rampage again tomorrow just to double confirm..

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Anxious to hear about the call to rampage regarding the windshield channel.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with Rampage and they told me, for the 2nd time now, that the windshield channel is included with the bikini top...

Here is exactly what I was told by Josh @ Rampage:

The windshield channel is included. He said at some point later on they may revert to not including it with the top and make it a separate purchase, but for now it will be included.. He also advised they do not even have a separate part number for the windshield channel yet. I asked what will happen if someone needs to purchase a replacement channel and he said they'd work with the person if that happened. He did say at some point later on they would offer the windshield channel as a stand alone purchase,,

This is now twice I've been told the same information by Rampage themselves...

Sponsored

JJW_ND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
This is my JK setup. The only thing not made for a 4Dr that you have to tweak to make work is the windbreaker. The above JL windbreaker is just like the JK 4DR windbreaker...it sucks. Not a rain proof setup at all. Using the 2DR windbreaker like I have makes it rain proof at interstate speeds.

jjw
ND
IMG_20180609_201529.jpg
MVIMG_20180609_201508.jpg

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Huh?

A bikini top will never be rain proof and I don't think anyone expects it to be.. What it offers is keeping the interior from becoming a swimming pool if you are caught out in the rain.

I've always used a bikini top and nothing else. Sure some water still get in but it's 500% better than having nothing at all and that's all I am after...

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Of course some of you may not have/ want the soft top but... It is basically a built in bikini top/Safari top.

TexasAG90

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
VP of Sales
I ordered the rampage bikini top and will run that year round along with a tonneau cover once those are available for the JL as well. Until my rampage top is in this is how I'm running my jeep.

no doors.jpeg
Sponsored