Sponsored

I just want a waterproof bikini top for my JL unlimited, does anyone know of one?

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
I have looked a lot for a bikini top that is waterproof, i don't want to have to keep putting on the hard top for rain and what not. Is there anything that is available right now in the realm of parts?
Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing yet and I am waiting on the same.. Living in the PNW, it can be sunny all day, pour down rain for 5 minutes, then back to sunny again for the rest of the day..

I can't believe nobody has a bikini top out yet.... Tons of sunshade options but they do me no good whatsoever..

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I know, how hard can it be? I have the JTOPS in mesh and love it and would buy another if they had one that was waterproof.

I'm about to buy some heavy canvas and make my own with grommets to tie down to the roll bar.

JTOP1.jpg
JTOP2.jpg
JTOP3.jpg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Any bikini you get, if it is not engineered with some sort of support, will stretch and pool water on top, which leads to wet seats no matter how you choose to drain it before driving. The weight of the water ruins the top and it doesn’t take much rain to amass a bucket load of water. I had an ‘89 YJ in Hawaii for 4 years with nothing but a bikini top and metal half doors. When I bought my second bikini top, after the first was so stretched/ruined, I bought a sheet of 1/4” plywood and cut it to span from the roll bar to the windshield underneath the top. It did it’s job, no sagging, no more wet seats. It would be nice if makers of bikini tops offered something in a polymer support structure to mitigate rain pooling.

Last edited:

Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
gotime4

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TexasAG90

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
VP of Sales
Thanks!

Think I am going to order as well. Their JK version of the same looks good so I assume it's similar to it..
I would assume so, I just dont know if it comes with a windshield channel or not.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Called Rampage and spoke to a tech. Here is what I was told.

Should ship July 9th'ish..
Will cover all 4 doors
Will not be able to stay on Jeep when hartop is put back on (he guessed at this)
Will either mount to windshield via snap on channel guide or hooks (he was not sure). He assumed channel guide but said all mounting hardware will be included.

That's pretty much all I was able to learn.

OP
OP
gotime4

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called Rampage and spoke to a tech. Here is what I was told.

Should ship July 9th'ish..
Will cover all 4 doors
Will not be able to stay on Jeep when hartop is put back on (he guessed at this)
Will either mount to windshield via snap on channel guide or hooks (he was not sure). He assumed channel guide but said all mounting hardware will be included.

That's pretty much all I was able to learn.
I am ignorant here, this is my first jeep, is rampage the same as northridge4x4?

Sponsored

Sling_Shot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS and 2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Executive Chef
I used my JK one from Bestop. Had to modify the windshield channel mounting bracket 3/8" and got longer bolts to accommodate the little v shaped washers. Works great, been topless and door less for a few weeks.

OP
OP
gotime4

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used my JK one from Bestop. Had to modify the windshield channel mounting bracket 3/8" and got longer bolts to accommodate the little v shaped washers. Works great, been topless and door less for a few weeks.
Pics? I would love to see how you mounted it and what you used

Sling_Shot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS and 2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Executive Chef
Had this bikini for a few years, as you can see the fade. Here a better pic of the longer bolt and v washer, not much better my phone camera is not that good.

KIMG0171.jpg

KIMG0172.jpg
Sponsored