Sponsored

JL Bikini Tops?

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
Also, what was the “big announcement” from Bestop? I checked their Facebook page and saw nothing.
Sponsored

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
If I could read, I would know this... I jumped the gun here. Thanks for not just telling me to read more carefully, but it would have been totally justified.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
If I could read, I would know this... I jumped the gun here. Thanks for not just telling me to read more carefully, but it would have been totally justified.
I always hated people saying that shit to me. That's why I don't. LOL

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, I'm waiting for the 25th in hopes of some kind of bikini option.

If not, time to pony up 1500 bucks for a soft top, I guess.

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Yea, I'm waiting for the 25th in hopes of some kind of bikini option.

If not, time to pony up 1500 bucks for a soft top, I guess.
I would love to be able to Pony up just to pick up a soft top there none of ailable right now

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I would love to be able to Pony up just to pick up a soft top there none of ailable right now
Yea - I'm at the mercy of anyone in my area trying to sell theirs. I'm in PA and tons of Jeeps around. Hopeful somebody is willing to sell.

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
What did you have in the soft top that kept getting stolen? I don’t keep anything in the Jeep but I still worry about someone breaking in for no reason.
I didn't leave anything valuable in there but when you live in Miami, and park on South Beach overnight, people are going to pick a "soft" target looking for something in your console. Most of the time they would toss all of your stuff everywhere and not take any of the loose change....

I am wondering why companies are so slow to roll out a bikini top. It can't be that hard to design a square piece of canvas with some tie-downs. I might have one made and give everyone the plans.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Up here in the northeast you want a hard top. The winters are brutal and having a soft top year round really sucks in the winter.
Jersey winters weren't the coldest but having a soft top did have some advantageous after a heavy show fall. I'd let the engine run a few minutes with the heater blasting and wait until snow on the windows would start to thaw. Go inside and bang on the top and plastic windows. Place it in 4 low and drive out of most predicaments. Wave at the others shoveling their DD to get to work. I guess with a hard top you could just drive around and wait for it all to melt but watching those faces as I popped it all off was priceless.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I didn't leave anything valuable in there but when you live in Miami, and park on South Beach overnight, people are going to pick a "soft" target looking for something in your console. Most of the time they would toss all of your stuff everywhere and not take any of the loose change....

I am wondering why companies are so slow to roll out a bikini top. It can't be that hard to design a square piece of canvas with some tie-downs. I might have one made and give everyone the plans.
I'm near Miami. Stay away from south Beach but I feel your pain. Consider getting a trunk vault. Leave doors unlocked so easy entry. Nothing in the glove or center console. Only problem is the Nav screen. I'm hoping aftermarket produces a locking mechanism that can be placed over it. That's my only concern. Don't see crack heads stealing seats. Might take the bikini top, however.

Sponsored

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
I'm near Miami. Stay away from south Beach but I feel your pain. Consider getting a trunk vault. Leave doors unlocked so easy entry. Nothing in the glove or center console. Only problem is the Nav screen. I'm hoping aftermarket produces a locking mechanism that can be placed over it. That's my only concern. Don't see crack heads stealing seats. Might take the bikini top, however.
Ugh. Never thought about someone stealing the screen. Didn’t think their would be a market for those, but there is probably a market for everything.

I live in an area where people keep to themselves for the most part. Though this thread makes me want to throw my hard top on and leave it on! (I’ll still take my chances with the soft top for now though ;))

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
That’s an expensive screen. The Alpine solution is $2k-$3k depending on navigation or Apple play. If crack heads rummage for coins then this is would be the holly grail to them.

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I honestly don't think they were looking
I honestly think they are looking to find drugs. That being said, if you have ever been to the swap shop then you have seen plenty of stolen head units. :angry:

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Drive by crack heads im not too concerned about unless they decide to use my Jeep as their head. Filthy little bastards. Lol

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel