Sponsored

JEEPCARES..... DOES NOT CARE!

gvc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I completely understand the mods folks want to add to their Jeep. That said, I have had 0 problems with my factory equipment on my JLUR. Maybe I'm just old but I'm good with the way it was built.

I'm not trying to troll but what is the advantage of a 2" lift? I city and hwy drive about 50/50 and it handles perfectly well under 70mph.
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Try having your Jeep at the dealer for 3+ months and still don't have everything fixed.
Try 5 + waiting on a back ordered part isn't that special !

OP
OP
crystalbackJL

crystalbackJL

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
How is your rear axle worse? Not doubting you just looking for specifics.

What were rear axle symptoms before the bearings were replaced?

As for the steering do you have the updated box with the.....AD? is it?.....suffix?
Popping from the rear axle.

Now I have the popping and vibration in the steering wheel in conjunction with the popping.

Not sure which steering box. How can I tell the difference or find that information?

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How is your rear axle worse? Not doubting you just looking for specifics.

What were rear axle symptoms before the bearings were replaced?

As for the steering do you have the updated box with the.....AD? is it?.....suffix?
What is the updated box? Please let me know.
Thanks!

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Rocstar

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2014 JK
Occupation
Technical Writer
Try 5 + waiting on a back ordered part isn't that special !
The dealer had your Jeep 5 months that's crazy? Was it not drivable? Mine was there 3 months for them to fix a whole slew of issues. I had to pick it up until a new steering damper was available then take it back once the part came in.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
The dealer had your Jeep 5 months that's crazy? Was it not drivable? Mine was there 3 months for them to fix a whole slew of issues. I had to pick it up until a new steering damper was available then take it back once the part came in.
No, I had it in my possession it was leaking coolant from the thermostat crossover from day one it was fixed last Friday 5/17 by another Dealer . I purchased my Rubi from a out of state Dealer once they got my money they were done they wouldn't respond back to me or Jeep .

Rocstar

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2014 JK
Occupation
Technical Writer
No, I had it in my possession it was leaking coolant from the thermostat crossover from day one it was fixed last Friday 5/17 by another Dealer . I purchased my Rubi from a out of state Dealer once they got my money they were done they wouldn't respond back to me or Jeep .
That sounds about right..My dealer drags their feet every chance they get. I'm waiting on an engineer to look at the frame right now. Been waiting for 5 weeks now. I'm extremely disappointed with my dealer and FCA. This has been a complete nightmare.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Coming from a hardcore rock crawler to a daily driver JLUR, I certainly understand the desire to modify this thing to my liking. What I also understand is if I modify suspension, wheel/tire configuration, or steering components or geometry, it is not fca’s job to diagnose issues that are caused by the modifications.

It sounds like they are actually addressing the issue. They looked into it and replaced the affected parts. Manufacturers don’t go from making noise to automatic replacement of a complete axle assembly. It just doesn’t work like that.

If you go to the doctor with slight arm pain, they don’t amputate and give you a prosthetic. This is a calculated approach to diagnosing the issues and fca started by treating the symptoms which is perfectly reasonable.

This is the process every manufacturer uses for warranty claims. They start with the most direct and cost effective repair as possible. Fca is a business after all. It sounds like you won’t be satisfied with their process. It sounds like you are taking an unreasonable stance on this. I would cut fca out and drop the coin on a rock jock 60 and be done with them. Problem solved.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That sounds about right..My dealer drags their feet every chance they get. I'm waiting on an engineer to look at the frame right now. Been waiting for 5 weeks now. I'm extremely disappointed with my dealer and FCA. This has been a complete nightmare.
Are you working with Jeep chat ? is your Jeep drive able ?

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
Jeep Cares.... Not really.
Believe me this post was really long, in hopes they will resolve my issue as they promised I deleted what I originally typed.

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
One of the first things I did with my 2021 Rubicon was have a synergy track bar steering brace added to rid the wondering steering issue. I think it's a safety issue as well as a quality oversight.
Sponsored