Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
^^
Yeah, my son is a bit nervous. He’s driving his dad’s $50K rig with dad sitting next to him staring at his every move. He’s been told to keep all vehicles centered in the lane and he’s trying to do that when in reality it’s not that important as long as you just stay in your lane. He’s used to driving our SUV which reacts a lot better to small inputs to steering which the Jeep will never do.
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Correct...
I wouldn’t say they voided your warranty unless they flagged your VIN in the system. They are being asshats, but it is true that any adjustment to the suspension such as a lift can throw off the factory alignment and therefore cause issues with how the vehicle steers.

I’d say remove the spacer kit, return vehicle to stock, and visit another dealer or even the same dealer. Vehicle is back to stock so there shouldn’t be an issue with them addressing the issue as it still exists. If they don’t help or continue to say it was caused by the spacer kit they have to prove that.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
^^
Yeah, my son is a bit nervous. He’s driving his dad’s $50K rig with dad sitting next to him staring at his every move. He’s been told to keep all vehicles centered in the lane and he’s trying to do that when in reality it’s not that important as long as you just stay in your lane. He’s used to driving our SUV which reacts a lot better to small inputs to steering which the Jeep will never do.
adorable <3
He did a good job!

Dgalleon

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I wouldn’t say they voided your warranty unless they flagged your VIN in the system. They are being asshats, but it is true that any adjustment to the suspension such as a lift can throw off the factory alignment and therefore cause issues with how the vehicle steers.

I’d say remove the spacer kit, return vehicle to stock, and visit another dealer or even the same dealer. Vehicle is back to stock so there shouldn’t be an issue with them addressing the issue as it still exists. If they don’t help or continue to say it was caused by the spacer kit they have to prove that.
Thanks! That’s exactly what I will do and keep everyone posted also

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Had my 3 week old 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU back to the dealer for the second time yesterday to fix the wandering issue. The dealer agrees that I have a problem but says everything is in spec. And the factories response to the problem is we’ve got what we’ve got. I’ve read other threads where different fix’s have been tried to some degree of success but it appears Jeep isn’t willing to accept any responsibility. Besides not being fun to drive, this condition is also dangerous. Take your eye off the road for a second and wander into the oncoming lane.....someone’s going to get hurt.
FYI: There's a new TSB on steering - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/my-steering-issues-have-been-fixed.12843/

Sponsored

Kaos

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s
Wow the dealer told me there is nothing wrong, no TSB on my vin and I'm having all the same issues a the rest of you on this thread. My wheel doesn't return when making slow hard turns I have to help it back. On the highway it's a constant fight correcting it to keep it going straight as well as all the play dead center in the wheel which in turn makes for a slow response which to me is really dangerous. I hate going in there telling them I found TSB's on a wrangler forum that will correct this when they can't find them themselves. It's very frustrating driving a 40+ thousand dollar jeep that you don't want to take on the highway. I'm really hoping that they resolve this quickly. Hate for this jeep with the sloppy steering to loose control and go through a Jeep showroom window :mad:

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
Took ours in last week for an oil change and the steering issue, was told my vin wasn't in the list and that the tech said it was fine. Told him I'd be back since being able to move the wheel without moving the vehicle while driving down the freeway wasn't safe.

cableline01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Spoke to Jeep Corp office they called me from my jeep cares post. They told me to set a appointment to have TSB 08-092-18 applied to my car to see if this resolves the issue. I will have to call Jeep when i set the appointment so they will do the work and not try to tell me that it is not needed.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
We rented a JKU over the weekend, the steering was night and day better than every JLU I have driven, including the JLUR I ordered, and multiple that we test drove including a Sport and Sahara. It is not a “Jeep thing” as some dealers like to say. If anyone has any ques, go drive a JKU back to back. We had the JKU from Friday to Monday, spent pretty much all day every day in it from 75mph on the highway to 5mph on dirt roads. Across the board it was better steering. We went Monday and test drove a JLU sport so we literally drove them back to back. Not sure why the JL has such a loose feel, but it is not in everyone’s head.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sahara
We rented a JKU over the weekend, the steering was night and day better than every JLU I have driven, including the JLUR I ordered, and multiple that we test drove including a Sport and Sahara. It is not a “Jeep thing” as some dealers like to say. If anyone has any ques, go drive a JKU back to back. We had the JKU from Friday to Monday, spent pretty much all day every day in it from 75mph on the highway to 5mph on dirt roads. Across the board it was better steering. We went Monday and test drove a JLU sport so we literally drove them back to back. Not sure why the JL has such a loose feel, but it is not in everyone’s head.
I agree, our JK's steering was vastly better than our JL. By the looks of it, the JL steering issue may be a complete design flaw (combination of suspension geometry, bad programming, and potentially improperly designed electro-hydraulic steering systems). We often take our other vehicle out now, since driving the JL requires to much work (20-30 quick steering corrections per minute) to safely stay in a straight line.
Sponsored