Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I have some info to share. I literally just got off the phone with a FCA rep regarding my steering box. I haven't had massive dead spot issues or massive wandering, just a very little bit of wander. My problem was the box was weeping but not dripping fluid.
Long story short FCA followed up with me, I told them the local area rep said they won't fix the gear box since it isn't dripping. FCA guy said that's not good, it shouldn't even be damp. Long story short they are replacing my 2018 original aluminum gear box with the new upgraded version which is cast iron. Something about going back to cast iron because it does better with temperature issues and they've had good results thus far with the new design.
Sponsored

conmax

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler JLUR
unforunately, this thread is like many others that have posted a solution. works for some, not all. i have AE box and many other so called solutions that don't work for my Rubicon. it's long since time that FCA admits problem and resolves for all

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
unforunately, this thread is like many others that have posted a solution. works for some, not all. i have AE box and many other so called solutions that don't work for my Rubicon. it's long since time that FCA admits problem and resolves for all
Have you tried to get the cast iron gearbox yet? Mine may or may not improve but by the descriptions of some, though imperfect, mine may not be nearly as bad as others most of the time. I have about an inch of slack cold and when it’s hot outside and on the highway it gets to be worse and more annoying at times. Especially narrow back roads.

I’m going in not expecting much and hope to be pleasantly surprised at the outcome of this TSB.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
There is more current info on the other threads referencing the new TSB. It fixes all issues.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
Been two weeks with new iron gear box and we just did a 4.5 hour drive varying from country highway to I40 at 77mph and it is still super tight and feels good. I hope everyone gets the chance to get this box, you will love it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Don't forget to wear gloves. Or you need to sell the 2 door and get a 4 door.
Sponsored