Not open for further replies.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Just a thought, but it's a Jeep and we all make mods. Can you (or someone else) take the wiring from the windows, which is fairly simple stuff, and put it to a regular toggle switch on your dash?
Sponsored

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My son saw my doors off on the wall yesterday and asked if he could still roll up/down the windows from inside the Jeep when they were hanging there…

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
My son saw my doors off on the wall yesterday and asked if he could still roll up/down the windows from inside the Jeep when they were hanging there…
Cute if he's 4

Troubling if he's 24

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Cute if he's 4

Troubling if he's 24
And really not that far fetched nowadays. The things we can do wirelessly now are pretty astounding. Heck, I can turn on my living room gas fireplace right now sitting at my desk 15 miles away.

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer

Sponsored

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And really not that far fetched nowadays. The things we can do wirelessly now are pretty astounding. Heck, I can turn on my living room gas fireplace right now sitting at my desk 15 miles away.
Cute if he's 4

Troubling if he's 24
He is 6, so I think he gets a pass, but I will be scrutinizing his report card :)

hey gatorb8 - do we need to spin up a UF thread? Urban Meyer will probably be available soon - what if we swap Emory & Mullen for Richardson & Meyer?

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
You can pick up the entire switch assembly for $70 and then play with modifying the switches without messing up your current assembly. Once you get a workable solution, swap the assembly out.
Doing it. Hot dang.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Just a thought, but it's a Jeep and we all make mods. Can you (or someone else) take the wiring from the windows, which is fairly simple stuff, and put it to a regular toggle switch on your dash?
Personally me? Doubtful.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I wouldn't mind volunteering my back !!
Thx for the ego boost! I will be at jeep beach... scratching away! Even doing a lap.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
First,no questions are stupid…..

second, My wife uses her knuckle.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
A jeep girl cant make stupid questions. It is a girl with a Jeep. You will have thousands of answers to any question you have. You can ask "which angry grill looks best". And guys will do their own research to find you one.

I actually love letting my wife drive my 2 door. specially when the 2 door has the top and doors off. it is the sexiest thing ever.

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
. You can ask "which angry grill looks best". And guys will do their own research to find you one.
Speak for yourself, I’ll help out my sister Florida jeeper with her fingernails, but if she starts in on angry grills, she’s on her own, that’s where I draw the line…… 🥴

Last edited:

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I've disliked these window controls instantly when I was out looking to buy a JL. My exact words when I tried to use them were, how in the Hell do these work? Along with. Some engineers need to go get a refund on their degrees!

So it's not just long fingernails that's an issue. It's a poor design that no one needs or requested.

We shouldn't have to put a finger into a pocket to move a simple window control switch!

Solution to me is rip them out and put normal rocker switches in place. Or have an aftermarket switch insert that extends them to be easily accessible. Just brainstorming here.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
My wife nor I are long nail people so maybe this is a silly idea, but... looking at your pic I can see how this would pull on your nails which whether real or not is not a good idea. It will either hurt or potentially pull at the glue. Can you rotate your hand down so you use the top of the nail and flick your finger towards your knuckles? This work then push the nail into your finger which would not be painful nor weaken any glue joint.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.