Is this a good price?

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I’m finding a lot of people do not know what otd pricing is.
otd price is price paid for the vehicle including ttl but before trade equity or down payment.

As with the first post otd price of $45k in ca would be a price of $41k(ca ttl feees are about 10%) for just vehicle. On a $55k Jeep this is outstanding. That’s 25.5% off of msrp.

Reading farther op said that includes $6k equity on trade. $47k(41k plus 6k) price on a $55k Jeep is still a great price.

I was asking for $7k off of a $52k Rubicon and was turned down flat. That was with 18 other jeeps with the exact same options sitting in dealer lots.

So I walked across the street and ordered a 250 Tremor.

OP enjoy your Jeep, you got a great deal!

Okay here is the breakdown...

MSRP 55420, Dealer Discounts 5264...Sale price 50, 156...Total Trade Allowance is actually 20,887...Trade difference 29,268....total fees (doc fee, state and local tax 1791, license/fees 452 which makes price at 32100. add my payoff for current vehicle 12,900 makes the price 45K out the door.
Edit:
I just saw this. So your OTD price is a little above $55k(if it was ca). It’s a decent price. It’s better than I was offered.

I’ve seen better deals in Idaho, but how many people live near Idaho?

In terms of if your deal is any good really depends on your trade and how much it’s worth retail. If your trade is worth $22k retail it’s a good deal. If your trade is worth $25k retail and they only offered you $21k it’s just decent.(21k minus 13k is $8k trade equity not $6k)

If you sold your trade yourself how much do you think you could get for it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
I’m finding a lot of people do not know what otd pricing is.
otd price is price paid for the vehicle including ttl but before trade equity or down payment.

As with the first post otd price of $45k in ca would be a price of $41k(ca ttl feees are about 10%) for just vehicle. On a $55k Jeep this is outstanding. That’s 25.5% off of msrp.

Reading farther op said that includes $6k equity on trade. $47k(41k plus 6k) price on a $55k Jeep is still a great price.

I was asking for $7k off of a $52k Rubicon and was turned down flat. That was with 18 other jeeps with the exact same options sitting in dealer lots.

So I walked across the street and ordered a 250 Tremor.

OP enjoy your Jeep, you got a great deal!

Edit:
I just saw this. So your OTD price is a little above $55k(if it was ca). It’s a decent price. It’s better than I was offered.

I’ve seen better deals in Idaho, but how many people live near Idaho?

In terms of if your deal is any good really depends on your trade and how much it’s worth retail. If your trade is worth $22k retail it’s a good deal. If your trade is worth $25k retail and they only offered you $21k it’s just decent.(21k minus 13k is $8k trade equity not $6k)

If you sold your trade yourself how much do you think you could get for it?
KBB trade in value was I believe somewhere between 18K-20K and private sell 19K-21K.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
KBB trade in value was I believe somewhere between 18K-20K and private sell 19K-21K.
Its nice they gave you private sell money. Retail sell is going to be $2-3k higher.

Deleted member 51908

Sticker on our new JLUR was $57,365 before taxes, license, etc. Somehow, I found one that had a lower sticker since there must've been a price increase afterward (several options went up by $100 so we saved $500 overall just from the sticker). It didn't look like it sat very long as it only had 16 miles on it so maybe a test drive or 2. We purchased it for $50,013 and got 29k for our 2018 Ford Explorer Sport. We probably could have done a bit better on the trade, maybe 30, but KBB had it valued between 29k and 31k in excellent condition for a car with 20k miles on it. I would say it was in "good" to excellent condition, but definitely not excellent to a "T" and so I was happy with that deal. After it was all done, I bargained to have them install the Mopar 2.5" lift with a wheel and tire package, tinting and the Rock Slide electric rock rails. I wanted the dealer to warranty all of it, which they will now since they installed it all. All in All, I couldn't beat the deal.

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It seems like these things are more expensive in the US than they are here in Canada, which makes no sense to me at all.

In May 2018, I ordered a JLUR 6 speed MT, with the power soft top (a $4K option in both countries) and almost every option except wheels and the cigarette lighter. The exchange rate at the time was similar to today; at $1 USD = $1.2965 CDN.

-The MSRP total build price on the sticker was $63,505 CDN (about $48,850 USD)
-I negotiated down to $56,470 CDN (about $43,438 USD)
-I had no trade-in (my old XJ was written off)

I just did a similar build on Jeep.com (US website) and it came out to $57,800 USD ($75,140 CDN). Over $14K USD more than what I paid for it!!

We have a lot of stupid taxes here (a scale-rated "Luxury car tax" on vehicles over $55K CDN that starts at 15%). So after taxes, fees, extended warranties, and financing I will have paid closer to $70K CDN ($53K USD). But considering the options I got, that still seems like a good deal compared to what some of my American friends are paying.

Any thoughts or insight as to why there would be such a noticeable difference in price between our two countries? Maybe there is some kind of Free Trade deal that I am not aware of? Maybe this should be in its own thread topic?

At the end of the day, I am happy with what I am paying and enjoy my Jeep every chance I get. The first few scratches, definitely hurt the most!
Jeep Wrangler JL Is this a good price? Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.32.28 PM
Jeep Wrangler JL Is this a good price? Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.43.35 PM
Sponsored