Sponsored

Is this a good price quote for a 2018 JL

Jeffinstl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If that's your out the door price, including tax/title/license, then that's an excellent price. Others here aren't doing the math, they're just shooting from the hip. $39764 is 5% below invoice, which means you're only paying about $2300 more than that including TTL. Lets say $300 for title/license fees, that would mean your tax rate would be about 5% at this price. I think FL rate is around 6%, so that means you're actually paying less than EP. Math says it's a good, 5% below invoice deal.

Your summary also includes the soft top storage bag($75 MSRP), but it's not on your write up, so don't expect that for free...

As an aside, what's your feedback on MINI ownership? Thinking about buying an '11 to get me to my JL order early next year.
Great, you did some made up math. How would you have any idea what tax will be? You're basically assuming no trade-in. What if she's trading in a vehicle worth 30k? If FL is anything like MO she won't pay tax on trade-in allowance.

Ultimately there's not enough info. to give any realistic advice. But if it's vehicle cost alone, she can do better.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Thanks so much for your input. I'm waiting for the salesman to verify that this price includes tax and title. License will be extra but a transfer so only about $100. And yes our tax is 6%.

I loved out Mini Cooper S convertible. Very fast and fun drive. We special ordered and haven't had any complaints about it. My 13 is for sale... This is what I'll be replacing with the Jeep. LOL
I found an "S" by me with 100k on it for $4700, but have heard very many stories regarding mechanical problems (mostly stemming from lack of maintenance). Would love the drop top, but wouldn't be cost effective to come down to FL to get it...

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Great, you did some made up math. How would you have any idea what tax will be? You're basically assuming no trade-in. What if she's trading in a vehicle worth 30k? If FL is anything like MO she won't pay tax on trade-in allowance.

Ultimately there's not enough info. to give any realistic advice. But if it's vehicle cost alone, she can do better.
Wow, you're kind of a dick. Did I, like, bang your girlfriend or kill your dog or something?
My "made up math" isn't even close to made up: I used the information given to give her an accurate assessment of the deal. I researched the FL sales tax and trade-in exemption (which Florida does, in fact allow), in addition to a Florida maximum of $420 in title/reg fees.
"But if it's vehicle cost alone, she can do better."? Out the door price would never be vehicle alone, and if it is she's been lied to and should walk away. There is no mention of a trade-in, but if it's worth $30k and she's still paying $40k+, then, yes, you're point is valid: $70k would be too much for a Sport.
There is plenty of info for a realistic assessment (vehicle, options, invoice, price offered, state fees and taxes), which is what I based my realistic assessment upon. If there are other variables like trade-in, tax exemption because it will be used solely by the church, travelling to Arkansas to get 6% below, cashing out her 401k with a substantial penalty, or cancelling her cell phone carrier prematurely at which point the full contract amount will be due, then the assessment would change. Until then...chupalo
P.S.-you have a sweet JK.

Jeffinstl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, you're kind of a dick. Did I, like, bang your girlfriend or kill your dog or something?
My "made up math" isn't even close to made up: I used the information given to give her an accurate assessment of the deal. I researched the FL sales tax and trade-in exemption (which Florida does, in fact allow), in addition to a Florida maximum of $420 in title/reg fees.
"But if it's vehicle cost alone, she can do better."? Out the door price would never be vehicle alone, and if it is she's been lied to and should walk away. There is no mention of a trade-in, but if it's worth $30k and she's still paying $40k+, then, yes, you're point is valid: $70k would be too much for a Sport.
There is plenty of info for a realistic assessment (vehicle, options, invoice, price offered, state fees and taxes), which is what I based my realistic assessment upon. If there are other variables like trade-in, tax exemption because it will be used solely by the church, travelling to Arkansas to get 6% below, cashing out her 401k with a substantial penalty, or cancelling her cell phone carrier prematurely at which point the full contract amount will be due, then the assessment would change. Until then...chupalo
Sorry I hurt your feelings, grab a tissue and go look for that Mini.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
My 2018 JL RUBICON--so far as ordered is $$41,000 plus tax/license/dealer (preps)--

Good luck

JIMBO

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I ordered a JLUR minus paint match top and cold weather group, delete Mopar mats and add weather tech, 48.609, I don’t pay tax since I’m from Oregon even though I had to go to Idaho for a good deal..(500 miles from my house)....my out the door price NOT including Lift, wheels, tires, relocation/reinforcement bracket is 46,200 and paying cash. Sold my JKUR months ago to maximize return on it anticipating the JL. So basically 5% under invoice price....Every dealer within a hundred miles of me is asking real close to or advertising MSRP... there are a few threads that show dealers that are selling below invoice. I recommend calling 3 dealers and make them earn your business, they are NOT friends until you sign a deal you’re happy with! ... if they can’t get under invoice they are greedy and can piss off. Good Luck!!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Sorry I hurt your feelings, grab a tissue and go look for that Mini.
So just curious. What is it with guys who criticize people's post directly - even quoting it - and then when they respond they make some wisecrack about their feelings being hurt. I've seen it like 10 times on this forum.

He didn't say his feelings were hurt. He said you were a dick. Those are 2 different things.

Dbwy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This is pretty funny. OP, just look at my first response and go off that. If it includes tax and license, back that out and you can figure out the percentage off invoice or msrp. If your near 5% below invoice pricing! your getting a good deal.

If your quote doesn't include tax/license, your not getting a good deal.

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I'm getting ready to order my JL 2018 Wrangler Sport S. Was wondering if I'm getting a good quote. Walk out the door for $42,083. Any feedback is welcome....

This is what I'm looking at ordering:
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Ocean Blue
8 Speed Automatic Transmission
Premium Black Sun rider Soft Top
Technology Group INCLUDES:

7.0-Inch Touch Screen Display
Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control
Air Filtering
Apple CarPlay® Capable
Cluster 7.0-Inch TFT Color Display
Google Android Auto Capable
GPS Antenna Input
Integrated Center Stack Radio
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription
Uconnect® 4 with 7-Inch Display
USB Host Flip
Convenience Group INCLUDES:
Remote-Start System (N/A w/Manual Transmission)
Universal Garage Door Opener
Jeep Active Safety Group INCLUDES:
Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection
Injection Molded Black Rear Bumper
LED Tail Lamps
ParkSense® Rear Park-Assist System
17X7.5 Polished Granite Crystal Wheels
Tubular Side Steps
Tan Cloth Seats
Alpine Premium Audio System
Soft Top Storage Bag
Yea

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
2DEA0285-79E8-427E-942C-6E508D49940D.png
5E120545-3676-47E5-9A66-8159F57315E9.png
My OTD price is $46.2...this is my MSRP window sticker.

OP
OP

Babsmike

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S Convertible
Well, just got word from salesman. This is not walk out the door. So basically I was lied to. When I called him in it I got a call from their general manager apologizing and offering me another

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Well, just got word from salesman. This is not walk out the door. So basically I was lied to. When I called him in it I got a call from their general manager apologizing and offering me another
It doesn’t necessarily mean you were lied to. It just means you had a misunderstanding. It’s a good thing you called to clarify. If the price you were quoted is 5% or so below dealer invoice (not MSRP) that’s a good deal. You can’t expect the dealer to throw in the Sales Tax too!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
It doesn’t necessarily mean you were lied to. It just means you had a misunderstanding. It’s a good thing you called to clarify. If the price you were quoted is 5% or so below dealer invoice (not MSRP) that’s a good deal. You can’t expect the dealer to throw in the Sales Tax too!
Invoice on her build is $41646. Her quote was a bit over $42k, so 1% above invoice. If the dealer quoted her an "out the door" price, that would include all fees and taxes. She's not asking for the dealer to throw in the sales tax, she's asking for a final price, including taxes and fees, which is what she thought she'd been given. If the salesman said "This is your out the door price," and then later said that no, this doesn't include taxes and fees, then she has indeed been lied to. We'll have to see what the new deal the GM gives her after his apology (which is all well and good, but rarely equals $$$).
Sponsored