OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Can confirm, the Jeep’s AC is just as good as the Rebel. Kee your cabin air filter clean though.

32A0CCB9-9749-41BF-8E52-21891EA9CEDA.jpeg
Goals right there haha. I wish I could do both but I don't have anything to tow so the Rubicon has been winning me over lately.
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Ok this is kind of an odd question, so I've been in the market for a Rubicon or a Rebel and I've been really torn between the two but lately I've been leaning a bit more to the Rubicon.

A friend of mine had one and he says the Jeep always felt like an oven (had a hard top) that was impossible to cool down the interior even with the A/C on full blast. This would be my first Jeep and he didn't have the Jeep for a long time so idk if he's just being dramatic about it or if there's some truth to that. I live in Arizona where our Summers like to push above 110°.....
I've never had an issue cooling my Sahara, I live in Louisville, KY really hot and "muggy" in summer, high humidity. Never had a problem.

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
Ocean Blue JLUR w/ black hardtop, no headliners, factory tint. I live in SoCal desert (we're projecting highs 120+ this weekend, lows won't go below 90).

Sitting out in the sun, the Jeep gets hot, but with the straight up-down, smaller windows it doesn't get as hot as the full-size truck I traded in for it. The A/C cools very well. it does take time to cool it down when it's hot, opening the back windows helps force some hot air out.

When it's really hot, I can feel the heat radiating off the inside of the hardtop, so I'm sure the headliners would help. I also use a sunshade when it's parked outside, which helps quite a lot.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Another with no cooling issues on the A/C. I find it to be very competant and the auto-climate works quite well. I remember prior vehicles with the auto-climate control that I would set it to a temperature and it would just blow hot/cold air at max speed despite the vehicle being ready. This one does a much better job in that regard. I typically set it to 66-70 and it's perfect.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I'm in Orlando, FL and it gets hot and humid here. I have a Granite Jeep with a black hardtop. For the first few weeks, I rolled around with no tint or headliner and it was pretty brutal. Then I installed the Hothead Headliner kit and got 15% ceramic tint all the way around. What a huge difference! It doesn't get anywhere as hot inside, and the AC doesn't have to work as hard to cool the Jeep after being in the sun all day. I highly recommend that setup.

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
remove doors, drive over 35. it will feel just fine;)

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I recently a took a trip to FL and SC, before leaving I installed Bed Bug Headliners on the HT, and I have a Bestop Sunrider up front. My front windows were tinted by the dealer before delivery, I'm in GA, and this dealer seems to tint everything they sell (which is a good thing).
I also added one of these Windshield Sun Shade (XS) by A1 Shades, the fit in the JL is damn near perfect, it slots into the grooves between the trim and the windshield https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0732R11Y2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_huznFb2M67V1V

After leaving my Jeep in the middle of a large open Disney parking lot for a day in Orlando, it actually felt cool inside (I did remote start once in range to get the A/C running!). I honestly think that the edition of the windshield sunshade had a real impact on keeping the heat out.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Ok this is kind of an odd question, so I've been in the market for a Rubicon or a Rebel and I've been really torn between the two but lately I've been leaning a bit more to the Rubicon.

A friend of mine had one and he says the Jeep always felt like an oven (had a hard top) that was impossible to cool down the interior even with the A/C on full blast. This would be my first Jeep and he didn't have the Jeep for a long time so idk if he's just being dramatic about it or if there's some truth to that. I live in Arizona where our Summers like to push above 110°.....
I have had four Wranglers and they all had soft tops, I lived in S. Florida and they were fine never really had an issue. I just got a JL with a hard top and your friend is right, the AC has to be kept at a higher speed to keep the interior cool. A friend has something called hot spots basically carpet pieces on his hard top roof and his is cooler than mine. I still like the hard top.

Sponsored

Red Rock N Roll

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
International Quality Control Manager
I live in the Phoenix area, and my 2018 JLU soft top does really well, nice and cool even if our mid day average in July and August has easily been around 110 F every day.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Zach: an observation that might be something unique to the Wrangler--it comes in the form of a riddle, even if one that's a tad bit of a reality stretch:

Q: How do you know interior heat to the rig isn't overbearing, particularly on a hard top.

A: Because if it was, the market would provide something beyond headliners, say, temperature activated automatic engine cranking while the rig sits parked, to run the A/C until temperatures lowered to a particular threshold.

Here's the thing that's unique about the Wrangler, which the Bronco can't (yet?) touch: market share.

With so many of them on the road it enjoys the widest breath of 3rd party customizations because the R&D costs that vendors take to develop product has its greatest chance of payback if simply "4%" of the market buys it.

Now I know that things like cranking the rig involve proprietary MOPAR based product that 3rd party vendors may not be able to duplicate.

But the point is if some aspect of Wrangler life is so unbearable to enough owners, the market is likely to have provided a solution or will.

Johnczar4

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 Wrangler Sport S
In NJ. Had hardtop on last summer. Soft top on this one. Black Hardtop cooled off quicker than black soft top. Need to open the windows a minute to let the hot air out with the soft top. Flip the top back as often as possible - really unless traveling on highway and imminently going to rain. Once the hot sure escapes you're good. Definitely love my Wrangler.

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Alabama here. Top and doors on, it cools off. It may take longer than something else, but enough that my shirt isn't soaked through on my 6 mile drive to work.
Sponsored