First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RN
I sold my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited today....two days after posting it for sale. Didn’t expect to have a breakdown but it happened, that Jeep represents a lot of memories and I didn’t realize just how attached I was. It was my first brand new vehicle and a present to myself when I graduated from nursing school. For 11 years it never failed me. I have a 2019 JLUR on order....I just hate that I’m Jeepless until it arrives. I didn’t expect to feel this sad lol...surely I’m not the only one, right?
upload_2018-10-11_23-58-47.jpeg
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
BFF5889C-D369-488E-9C01-8365B2F0F54E.jpeg
I feel your pain! Our TJ was totaled recently and it’s like losing a family member. The wait for our new JLR has also been excruciating. Hang in there, it will be like getting a new puppy when your new one arrives.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
What was the breakdown?
:facepalm:

Ok, got that out of the way.

I can certainly understand how you feel. I have one possession that I could never part with. It isn’t a Jeep, but when I sold my last one and I saw it being driven down the road, I felt like chasing after it and ripping the lucky guy out of it and taking it back. My first Jeep that I built myself was sold to my oldest friend. I had it for 10 years and loved it. I had so many good experiences in it. I still have a key to it, but haven’t driven it since I sold it. He had no idea what he was doing with it and it began doing his own maintenance which was no good. I feel like buying it back and taking it in as a rescue animal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greeneyedgirl

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
BFF5889C-D369-488E-9C01-8365B2F0F54E.jpeg
I feel your pain! Our TJ was totaled recently and it’s like losing a family member. The wait for our new JLR has also been excruciating. Hang in there, it will be like getting a new puppy when your new one arrives.
Yes!!! That’s exactly how I think it will feel

OP
OP
Greeneyedgirl

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
:facepalm:

Ok, got that out of the way.

I can certainly understand how you feel. I have one possession that I could never part with. It isn’t a Jeep, but when I sold my last one and I saw it being driven down the road, I felt like chasing after it and ripping the lucky guy out of it and taking it back. My first Jeep that I built myself was sold to my oldest friend. I had it for 10 years and loved it. I had so many good experiences in it. I still have a key to it, but haven’t driven it since I sold it. He had no idea what he was doing with it and it began doing his own maintenance which was no good. I feel like buying it back and taking it in as a rescue animal.
Awww I get that. The person who bought mine promised to take good care of it. He works with my husband so we will see.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah it hurts being without a Jeep for a while but by selling it privately you probably made more money than a dealership would have given you on a trade in. Hang in there!

Flip888

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cbr1krr, DRZ4-sm, Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business owner.
Humans become emotionally attached to things by nature. Soon though you will probably forget all about it. Especially once the JLUR arrives.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I cried a river when I sold my TJ...
My wife was pregnant of twins, so hence why I had to do part with it. Not a bad trade at all right?
Had much better “cars/suv” since, but never had the same feeling.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greeneyedgirl

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
I cried a river when I sold my TJ...
My wife was pregnant of twins, so hence why I had to do part with it. Not a bad trade at all right?
Had much better “cars/suv” since, but never had the same feeling.
That IS a good trade!!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited today....two days after posting it for sale. Didn’t expect to have a breakdown but it happened, that Jeep represents a lot of memories and I didn’t realize just how attached I was. It was my first brand new vehicle and a present to myself when I graduated from nursing school. For 11 years it never failed me. I have a 2019 JLUR on order....I just hate that I’m Jeepless until it arrives. I didn’t expect to feel this sad lol...surely I’m not the only one, right?
upload_2018-10-11_23-58-47.jpeg
Yep, the memories are what makes it tough. That new JL will be the cure, but I agree. It is hard to part with someting that served you well. I wasn't able to part with my 08 JK. I was blessed to have a wife and financial situation that allowed me to keep it. However, while I still love that JK and enjoy driving it, it really pales in comparison to the JL. That is highlighted every time I go from one to the other. BUT, I'm still keeping it!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I had a TJ, Nice Jeep, lifted, aftermarket bumpers winch, pretty much perfect for the wife and I. Would take the doors and top off in the spring and put them back on in the fall. so one summer, I ha been very busy and no real time to drive the Jeep. Thought what the heck I will throw it up on Craigslist and see what happens. It sold the next day for cash at asking price. I almost immediately regret-ed the sale. That was about four years ago. Wife still jabs me and will say sure would be a nice day to be on the trails with the Jeep. So I understand. I had to do something about it!

I ordered a JLU Rubicon. This should help.

Warhawk

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Data Engineer / Application Developer
I felt this after I sold my 2007 JK about 4 years ago. I moved 40 miles further away from work and thought it was “responsible” to get a good MPG car :facepalm:. To make it worse...shortly after, my boss started letting me work from home periodically. But that eventually worked up to 2-3 days a week, so now I am back in one!

I will say it felt worse when I took the new JL out on the trails the first time. Seeing the trails I took the JK on, that I am not really “ready” for yet... although capable, brought back some emotions. Mixed emotions! Lol.

Hopefully I will build many new memories and NOT part with this one.
Sponsored