Why is it so hard to say goodbye?

jeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
what color are you getting as a replacement? i hope you love your new Jeep because if you don't you will be regretting selling your jeep for the next 20 years. I know because I still regret selling an old Explorer I loved.
Sponsored

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hope your new 2019 arrives soon! Once it gets here it will be easier to leave the old one behind. I'm waiting on my 2019 as well.

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jk / waiting for 2018 Yellow JL
I sold my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited today....two days after posting it for sale. Didn’t expect to have a breakdown but it happened, that Jeep represents a lot of memories and I didn’t realize just how attached I was. It was my first brand new vehicle and a present to myself when I graduated from nursing school. For 11 years it never failed me. I have a 2019 JLUR on order....I just hate that I’m Jeepless until it arrives. I didn’t expect to feel this sad lol...surely I’m not the only one, right?
upload_2018-10-11_23-58-47.jpeg
Good luck, the jl I ordered is my fourth, 2nd new one. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't show up in the time frame specified. Seems the factory is more intent on setting assembly speed records than on meeting a time frame they set. Jeepless for first time since 1997.

OP
OP
Greeneyedgirl

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RN
@Greeneyedgirl; my JLU is my first Jeep, but trading in my old truck was hard. I owned it since I was a senior in high school. A lot of memories went with that truck...the dent from when I punched the tailgate after I found out a gf cheated, the first time I let my wife drive it, all the fishing trips with my friends, that time I broke the axle and nearly rolled it...it was there through everything...it was a faithful truck that I drove hard for 10 years (and let’s be honest...no vehicle deserves to be driven the way a teenage/college aged boy drives one). It moved all my stuff to 5 different homes. It drove me and my wife home after our wedding and took us on many vacations. It really was like a friend...it did everything I asked it to and never complained. I never thought that trading it in would be hard. But in the excitement of getting the keys to my new Jeep, I handed them the keys to my truck...it wasn’t until I got home and parked my Jeep in the driveway that it hit really hit me...a companion of 10 years would no longer be there in the driveway. I would’ve loved to keep her, but I don’t know what I would’ve done with an extra truck. I know I wouldn’t have driven it enough to keep it from rotting away. So now I have my Jeep...my first Jeep...and it’s the best/most fun vehicle I’ve ever owned. And yeah...I still miss my old truck from time to time, but it doesn’t hurt anymore. But I can already tell that this Jeep is going to be harder to get rid of.

The day I got my Jeep home
2D9D3DFF-7A66-487B-B4EE-AA5DFFA15524.jpeg

Other pics with/in my Jeep
86441C7D-8683-4A36-987C-4E22FD2606F2.jpeg

90BEF8BB-23FC-4AF1-94B4-B6B9B0EA1660.jpeg
Good looking Jeep!!

OP
OP
Greeneyedgirl

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
Good luck, the jl I ordered is my fourth, 2nd new one. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't show up in the time frame specified. Seems the factory is more intent on setting assembly speed records than on meeting a time frame they set. Jeepless for first time since 1997.
Well I never got a time frame...just hoping to get it before the end of the year

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
A car, the family robot...Starts, fast, slow, takes us where we desire to go.. Our cars take on a personality of it's own....Memories are built, adventures to endear our hearts to our beloved robot...Hard to see the family member go down the road with a new owner, hoping they will be taking good care of, and loved....
No so sure it's the object (jeep) but the memories. The jeep takes you places that another vehicle just cant, it's a memory builder. But the memories go with YOU. I guess that's why it doesnt bother me that much. But that just might be me.

My son pitched a fit when we were going to trade in the 4runner. We brought him home from the hospital when he was born in it, we keep it for 14 years and the only vehicle he ever knew. HIs thought was how could we abandon it? Why not give it to him when he's ready to drive? He made pretty good sense and was big time serious. So I sold my pickup and drove it until he was ready. It's a stick and the wife and I taught him how to drive in it.

He still drives it and it will be dust before he moves to another vehicle. I think such feelings are silly until I think of him and then it makes total sense.

OP
OP
Greeneyedgirl

Greeneyedgirl

First Name
Trista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
You do know you can pay a couple bucks and track your build? Or like me track my build hourly checking to see if the status changed:)

Second thought bad idea, it makes you crazy.
lol I'm in that club too....and yes it does make you crazy!!

Hammerton

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I had an 07 Rubicon I lost to a lady that ran a red. That day sucked. That was two years before the redesigned JL and I waited. Worst two year wait ever! But my new Rubicon is so sweet!

527B2096-199D-4AC6-B986-59EF76DF770B.jpeg

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
After 40 years he still grieves ........... ok well i am not mr bojangles but when i sold my 77 jeep cj7 golden eagle white with the tan levi interior........... well i had dreams about it
it opened my eyes to places i have been camping on the beach with no one around just adventures man all i can say is i loved that jeep
So now what do i have..... a jlur white with tan leather who says you cant go back and history does repeat it self

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
Awww I get that. The person who bought mine promised to take good care of it. He works with my husband so we will see.
Maybe tell your husband to tell him that IF he ever decides to sell the Jeep, give you the first option for it? BTW....feel your pain....it's happened to me more than once.
Also
Thank you, for all you've done during this Covid thing!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Since this thread is resurrected, if Trista (the OP) is still a forum member, would you care to update us on your 2nd Jeep and do you still miss your first one as much now that you have a JL?
I went from a 17 JK to a 19 JL. It was sad saying goodbye to my JK until about one block away from my dealership. Then I was in love again. My old and new Jeep’s are in this pic....

EF02CEF3-706B-4621-B7BA-B1845AF62187.jpeg
Sponsored