Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Some Ford dealers attitudes can be a huge turn off for sure. The Bronco's initial limited availibility has given some dealers BIG heads. Some of them make it sound or look like they are doing you a favor by selling you a Bronco. That attitude does not fly with me. Same with dealers who charge ADMs. It only crosses that dealer off my list forever. On principle I will never ever buy from that dealer in the future. Dealers don't need to suck up but they do need to earn my business.
Indeed. A growing number of social media posts these days is not about how wonderful the new Bronco is, but about the crummy stunts Ford dealers are pulling off.
Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I got my wife a 2018 convertible Mustang and I admit I haven't seen a new Bronco or messed with its electronics, and actually have no intention
Your wife's Mustang has either the Sync 2 or Sync 3. The Bronco has the updated Sync 4 which I've heard nothing but good things about. Some of you Jeep guys just put your fingers in your ears and don't want to hear about anything being better than a Jeep. :CWL: :CWL:

Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I drove a four door Badlands with the Lux package on Friday. It is an incredible vehicle; simple as that. It has a commanding stance, great handling and fun to drive. There are a lot of little issues that should be worked out over the next few years.

I have a 2 door Black Diamond on order; I 99'd it until my23' to see if they get their acts together.

I bought a Sahara on Saturday; we will see if I end up cancelling the order completely.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Some Ford dealers attitudes can be a huge turn off for sure. The Bronco's initial limited availibility has given some dealers BIG heads. Some of them make it sound or look like they are doing you a favor by selling you a Bronco. That attitude does not fly with me. Same with dealers who charge ADMs. It only crosses that dealer off my list forever. On principle I will never ever buy from that dealer in the future. Dealers don't need to suck up but they do need to earn my business.
Yep, my Ford dealer was awesome till I called to cancelled the order...He basically just said OK and hung up. I understand it's not his fault but no need to be rude!!! He just lost a future customer if Ford were to ever get their $hit together.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a four door Badlands with the Lux package on Friday. It is an incredible vehicle; simple as that. It has a commanding stance, great handling and fun to drive. There are a lot of little issues that should be worked out over the next few years.

I have a 2 door Black Diamond on order; I 99'd it until my23' to see if they get their acts together.

I bought a Sahara on Saturday; we will see if I end up cancelling the order completely.
Welcome to the Dark Side...! :devil:

What color did you get?

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
This is not universally true. I never take the back section of the hardtop off. Don’t take the doors off, either. I use my rig primarily for overlanding and I would be permanently covered in dust. I do see the appeal, and I’ve owned several convertibles, but topless Jeep just isn’t my jam.

I would buy a fixed-roof Wrangler if it meant I could ditch the sport bar/cage. It eats up a ton of cargo space. And yes, I realize I’m a freak.
Jeep sooooo needs to bring back the old boxy Cherokee for guys like you. I know a bunch if folks here too that never take top or doors off but want the offroad capability and interior space.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Jeep sooooo needs to bring back the old boxy Cherokee for guys like you. I know a bunch if folks here too that never take top or doors off but want the offroad capability and interior space.
If Jeep were to make a full body version of the Wrangler based on the existing sheet metal, they would sell the hell out of them.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I view my JLU Sahara is the spiritual successor to my 1995 ZJ and 2001 WJ.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
One thing that struck me watching that video is that Bronco has done to Wrangler something no other automaker was able to do before: show its age.

That Bronco now makes Wrangler’s electronics seem dated would have been considered a compliment years ago. The fact that it might be a point of differentiation for a number of shoppers today, speaks to how mainstream Wrangler has become.
I cannot help but wonder if the Bronco has Jeep scrambling to redesign the Wrangler ahead of schedule. The lack of side curtain airbags in the Wrangler is an astounding miss given the Ford has them and the tech in the Ford appears quite good, too. I wish I knew what Jeep had up its sleeve for the next Wrangler and when it would debut.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I view my JLU Sahara is the spiritual successor to my 1995 ZJ and 2001 WJ.
I would think the XJ would be much cheaper since the roll cage, folding windshield and door modifications would not be necessary, but the Wrangler would have better resale mist likely.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot help but wonder if the Bronco has Jeep scrambling to redesign the Wrangler ahead of schedule. The lack of side curtain airbags in the Wrangler is an astounding miss given the Ford has them and the tech in the Ford appears quite good, too. I wish I knew what Jeep had up its sleeve for the next Wrangler and when it would debut.
The mid-cycle redesign is right around the corner; it should be coming out by this time next year.

I sure hope Jeep doesn't rush to adopt Bronco's frameless windows and crossbar-less roll cage. That would be a huge mistake.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I had a 2016 BMW M235 a few vehicles ago and it had the same ZF 8 speed. Loved it there and now love it in my JL Rubicon.

Not so sure about this. Some people still complain about the way how the Wrangler drives/handles and the new Bronco could make them happier. A downgrade would be for a rock crawler but a mall crawler (like most of the people out there) would be happier with a Bronco and it's IFS.
I also had a 16 M235i and liked the ZF 8 speed. Didn't know until recently when I got my JL that it used the same transmission, albeit geared for a Wrangler I suppose.

You're right about the Bronco. Although I lean more towards Jeep right now, I don't have loyalty toward either vehicle, and would enjoy the IFS of the Bronco. The trails I've been on are mostly easy & scenic.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
The mid-cycle redesign is right around the corner; it should be coming out by this time next year.

I sure hope Jeep doesn't rush to adopt Bronco's frameless windows and crossbar-less roll cage. That would be a huge mistake.
Might I ask what the issue with frameless doors would be? That's one of the things that I think Bronco has the Wrangler beat on. All the good of half doors w/o the weirdness of uppers?

As far as the roll cage, I can take it or leave it either way. Open sky would be pretty cool, but speaker above the head is great too!

I'm hoping for two more freedom panels - we have a roll bar to make the rattle not happen!

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Might I ask what the issue with frameless doors would be? That's one of the things that I think Bronco has the Wrangler beat on. All the good of half doors w/o the weirdness of uppers?

As far as the roll cage, I can take it or leave it either way. Open sky would be pretty cool, but speaker above the head is great too!

I'm hoping for two more freedom panels - we have a roll bar to make the rattle not happen!
Frameless windows don’t stay in their rails for very long. They were all the rage in the 1970s. Subaru was still using them into the early 2000s. But there’s a reason the entire industry moved away from them: they lack structural integrity.

Yes, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros and European coupes still use frameless windows. But those vehicles are not subjected to trail abuse. Clearly Ford prioritized looking “cool” over durability.

Mark my words: those frameless windows are going to become an endless source of aggravation for Bronco owners for years to come. The same goes for the over-engineered top and the roll cage without a cross member.

No, thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited: