Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why even bring in FJ to a comparison. Those who are shopping for a new ofroader will not want 10 year old technology and interior.
Yeah, I don't know either. I get it that he loves his 7-year old FJ Cruiser, but reservation holders are by definition after the novelty of Bronco, which a discontinued vehicle will never be able to provide.

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Short answer.... NO ! To the question this thread posed.
Explanation : Having seen the red flags ahead, I cancelled my Badlands Sasquatch Bronco. I bought the 2021 JLU Rubicon, it's mostly modified now. All the plastic bumpers and fenders are in the city dump. The adventures I've enjoyed already, Ford can't steal. No regrets. No looking back.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I canceled my order before all this mess happened. Thankfully I didn't have a shady dealership. But I saw the hardtop being an issue a mile away, especially since there is no bracing to help to support the roof which acts as a secure point for attaching the roof.
I agree. That hardtop appears too complicated and to lack structural integrity. It will become the source of endless headaches for Ford, dealers and Bronco owners.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. That hardtop appears too complicated and to lack structural integrity. It will become the source of endless headaches for Ford, dealers and Bronco owners.
Was thinking the same thing. Jeep has 8 points of rear hardtop attachment 6 on bottom 3 each side and two on top.

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov

The FJ is such an odd comparison point. The current gen 4Runner, which itself has its bones in 2009, has at least gone through several modernization passes, and can be bought new today.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Screw Ford. End of story. Two times in automotive history they have tried to bring the Bronco in as a Jeep fighter. Lat time they were off to a good start, but this time they are a failure. Jeep has been doing it for 80 years with great results. End of story. Ford should stick with F150s.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I'm all for Ford and Toyota, and their off-road vehicles. Competition breeds innovation. Hopefully Jeep will see the areas Fords and Toyotas excell, and improve their Wranglers. We all know the Wrangler has areas that can be improved.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
“Marginal” off-road ability? That’s just not true.
Just my experience. I had a group of G-wagens here in the San Juans and one FJ in our group. It struggled several times where the G's just walked right over the same obstacles. Didn't impress me in the least. I have also wheeled a Tacoma, another seriously marginal choice. Sorry not a Yota fan...

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Contrary to the assumptions made, I actually canceled my Bronco in January and DID buy a 4xe instead. Dealership wanted a premium to MSRP and a 2-year wait. I saved $10,000 for a more-optioned Jeep and will have 2 years of fun instead of hanging on every Bronco delay or defect thread.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Why even bring in FJ to a comparison. Those who are shopping for a new ofroader will not want 10 year old technology and interior.
I didn't get that either. For one, it's an older vehicle with a high mark up at todays used car market prices. Secondly, you can't remove the tops and door which brings people to either the Wrangler or Bronco. Ford is having problems but there is way too much weight on those issues (like the MIC top and delays) when these comparison videos are made. The response to the Bronco especially those in hand have been overwhelmingly positive. It seems like everyone who actually has one has said that the Bronco has been worth the wait.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I had been waiting since 2017. I had been a Ford guy for a long time. in 2020 I decided they had taken too long, plus I hate to get a first year new model release since they usually have too many bugs to work out. In April of 2020 I bought my JLU and have been very happy with the decision. So IMO, NO it isn't worth the wait.
Sponsored