Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Your wife gotta sister?
She does, but she is not as cool. She owned a TJ Rubicon for 15 years, only wheeled it once and it raerly left the garage. She sold it two years ago with about 50,000 miles on it. I think it had about 10,000 on it when she bought it.
Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
When you spend more than your Jeep cost you, then and only then do you get the phone number for the 12 step program. I’ll save you a seat when you get here. ;)

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
My 2021 JLUR is not even due until late November and I have already ordered $1500 in accessories. Does anyone have the phone number for the national psychiatric helpline and is there a 12 step program?
Well, I am up to $2,300 now.

CactusDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
When I bought my Jeep in August, I figured I would spend $6k for a lift and wheels. Less than 2 months later, suddenly I'm approaching $20k :surprised:

Sponsored

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
When I bought my Jeep in August, I figured I would spend $6k for a lift and wheels. Less than 2 months later, suddenly I'm approaching $20k :surprised:
$6k vs. $20k, close enough. :LOL:

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I have never removed so many brand new, perfectly functioning parts in my life and I’m far from done. Like others, every time my Fed-Ex or UPS driver drops something off, they look at the Jeep to see what the last delivery was. I think the ReadyLift that I just installed was way to easy for them to guess......LOL
This is why I bought a bone stock Rubicon. I figure the axle upgrades were worth the savings of doing those to a Sport.

If I bought factory upgrades I would be kicking myself for upgrading the upgrades!

The only things I wish had come with it were LED package and tow package. But to be fair, I have bar light, rear bumper lights and a six way aux switch that will go where the factory 4 way would, go sitting in the garage waiting to go on. Now I need 4 more things to hook up to it.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I know the feeling. It is a couple hundred here a couple hundred there, a thousand here and so on. Then one day I was like, hey stop drinking bourbon at 2 am and buying stuff for my Jeep. Then some stuff starts a progression that I was unaware of when I started. For instance.

bought a ARB fridge Kit. $1067 put it in the back of the Jeep for Jeep travel. Love it. It take up one side of the rear cargo area.

Hum still would like to stack stuff back there. So I buy a Shelf.
Rear cargo shelf $300 or so.
Fuck I can't open the fridge with the shelf over the top of it.
Order a fridge slide $280 or so.
Well I can't bolt the fridge slide in the back unless I modify the floor of the rear cargo area.
I did this myself but still had about $100 into material.

So the ideal of ditching the Yeti cooler, and buying a fridge ended up being $1700 dollars or so.

My wife wants 40s. I can't get her to understand that running 40s is not cheap. The tires are the cheap part, It is that other $17,000 that I have to spend to run 40s and have the Jeep reliable that is expensive.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Wibornz

I know exactly what you are talking about. I ran into the exact same problem with my fridge. Now I need to modify the rack so I can install a sliding track for the fridge. Fix one problem and create another.

CactusDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
I know the feeling. It is a couple hundred here a couple hundred there, a thousand here and so on. Then one day I was like, hey stop drinking bourbon at 2 am and buying stuff for my Jeep. Then some stuff starts a progression that I was unaware of when I started. For instance.

bought a ARB fridge Kit. $1067 put it in the back of the Jeep for Jeep travel. Love it. It take up one side of the rear cargo area.

Hum still would like to stack stuff back there. So I buy a Shelf.
Rear cargo shelf $300 or so.
Fuck I can't open the fridge with the shelf over the top of it.
Order a fridge slide $280 or so.
Well I can't bolt the fridge slide in the back unless I modify the floor of the rear cargo area.
I did this myself but still had about $100 into material.

So the ideal of ditching the Yeti cooler, and buying a fridge ended up being $1700 dollars or so.

My wife wants 40s. I can't get her to understand that running 40s is not cheap. The tires are the cheap part, It is that other $17,000 that I have to spend to run 40s and have the Jeep reliable that is expensive.
Yep! I am installing a dual ARB compressor this weekend, which turned out the same way. I wanted to replace my cheap Viair pump. So I order the ARB dual compressor - then a mount - then I need a manifold - then I look at the instructions for the mount and decide I want a different mount - then I find out it doesn't have all of the hoses and attachments to install it - then I find out that it doesn't come with a hose kit - then the hose kit doesn't have a gauge... My $150 pump replacement is suddenly $$$

And I really need to stop look at these threads of people doing D60 axle swaps! 40's do sound amazing though, so good luck to you!

hellayellow

First Name
JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport
Occupation
TECHNICIAN
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: been there done that, i want to make a DIY fridge slide anybody got any ideas ?
Sponsored