First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

That avatar messing with my brain! LOL
The one that says OP? Yeah, I copypastad it from one of my banned accounts.

I mean, from someone else’s banned account. Actually, I should change it to the one that shows “BANNED”, that would be even better!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Grayone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX, 392 Rubicon (sold), 2 door Rubicon
That's a horrible thought!!!

Sponsored

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Almost as bad as the Manual transmission demise. I only wish they had Reign when I bought mine but Snazzberry is just as cool and unique.

Smoke Showing

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My dream is to have a 2 door rubi sitting next to my 4 door. Tell the Chevy dealer to cut a check to the Jeep dealer. Problem solved, no loan and you have your daily driver and garage queen jeep.

OP
OP

Grayone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought about that. He has had my 90k for 7 months as down-payment on a 140k C8 ZO6, awaiting an allocation. I am #1 on his list. I am at the point of saying maybe a ZO6 is not in my future. Figure I will give him until April and if no allocation then having him cut me a check.

swedeviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2-door
Frankly, the money is a secondary concern. It boils down to the 2 door vs a 4 door with a great motor. At 74, I fully realize money can't buy happiness, but also realize I have a finite time to do dumb shit stuff...like buying a 392 jeep...or ride around in a fun as hell 2 door!
I'm 78 and traded in my 2020 4-door for a 2-door and makes me feel like I'm 20 again doing donuts in the parking lot (when I'm not crawling over rocksLOL)

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Thought about that. He has had my 90k for 7 months as down-payment on a 140k C8 ZO6, awaiting an allocation. I am #1 on his list. I am at the point of saying maybe a ZO6 is not in my future. Figure I will give him until April and if no allocation then having him cut me a check.
and watch them pull some shenanigans when it finally comes in. Lots of those stories out there.

as mentioned earlier, if you can afford it, have both for a while and keep the one that you like better. If you do any kind of rock crawling, even minor, the 2 door will be better id think. Compared to the overly powerful front heavy V8.

obviously mpg and insurance arent a concern for op.

OP
OP

Grayone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have to say the 2 door is the best driving Jeep I have ever driven...including my 2021 392. But to be fair, the 392 only had 638 miles on it when traded. The little 2 door tracks straight at 80, turns on a dime, and is solid. That said, it sounds like a UPS truck at idle, and mileage is around 17 on a good day. Advantages to both. On a side note a Reign 392 just sold at Mecum auction for $110 plus fees. Go figure.

purduecrew

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XR392, 2023 JLURD, 2022 Yukon Duramax
Ive had two of them. Im currently driving my 3rd Ecodiesel JLUR. The best part about it is they sound AMAZING. Beyond that, what everyone else has said is true. you cant race it ( effectively) and the other motors will go the same places. But I cannot emphasize the sound enough. It is awesome. But is the soundtrack worth $30K? Maybe. Lol.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I have 2023 2 door Rubicon which I truly enjoy. And now am faced with the prospect of trading it on the 2023 XR 392 Reign Rubicon which is waiting for me at the dealer. 30k to boot with trade. 2 door is paid for. I really do not want to take funds from the market as they are -30% in the last year. Loan would be 33k at 5.49% for 72 months, which is not an issue. FOMO has me thinking to buy the 392. Practicality and financial common sense does not allow both in the garage. So I ponder. The 2 door is just plain fun to drive. But the 392 calls my name as it maybe the last of a breed. What says the collective???
20221020_135015.jpg
Honestly it’s too much of a personal decision. I love mine but 30k is a lot. You only live once and if it won’t impact anything by doing it — do it. But I love my 2 door… not sure id trade it.