Sponsored

How much below MSRP for 4xe?

eLECTRICON

he said 5% below invoice. Koons is also doing 5% below invoice
If you do 5% below invoice the dealer would be negative on the deal. Which means you would get the vehicle for less than what the dealer paid. So...............?
Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
If you do 5% below invoice the dealer would be negative on the deal. Which means you would get the vehicle for less than what the dealer paid. So...............?
idk what to tell u. they r doing 5%. on gas model they r doing the 6% treadlight below invoice

eLECTRICON

Jeep Wrangler JL How much below MSRP for 4xe? 1610767067316

FWP is invoice. Its dealer cost. The dealer can go above MSRP if they want to. No one In the USA will give any percentage off invoice. if the dealer used the word "invoice" He means MSRP. FFP is Friends and Family Price. EP is Employee Price. HB is Hold Back. 5% off $61285 is $58221.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
From what I've read here and on other forums, the very high volume dealers (including a few of our forum dealers) get additional money for sales volume allowing them to sell at very low prices, significantly below $FWP (invoice). They also make money by adding "processing fees" and by selling financing, so, if you want the best deal on a factory order, go to one of these select dealerships, finance with them, and bring your Tread Lightly letter.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL How much below MSRP for 4xe? 1610767067316

FWP is invoice. Its dealer cost. The dealer can go above MSRP if they want to. No one In the USA will give any percentage off invoice. if the dealer used the word "invoice" He means MSRP. FFP is Friends and Family Price. EP is Employee Price. HB is Hold Back. 5% off $61285 is $58221.
here is about 10% off MSRP. on a gas willys
Jeep Wrangler JL How much below MSRP for 4xe? 1610768022816

Sponsored

eLECTRICON

From what I've read here and on other forums, the very high volume dealers (including a few of our forum dealers) get additional money for sales volume allowing them to sell at very low prices, significantly below $FWP (invoice). They also make money by adding "processing fees" and by selling financing, so, if you want the best deal on a factory order, go to one of these select dealerships, finance with them, and bring your Tread Lightly letter.
The 4xe is ineligible for Tread Lightly discount.
Jeep Wrangler JL How much below MSRP for 4xe? 1610768631431

Willy's Commando Posted this in the club thread.

eLECTRICON

Also the current prices with included options are launch edition orders only. The when they are in stock at the dealers options will not be included like the alpine system, It will be a price upgrade.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 JLR

Virginia dealers will routinely sell for 5% below invoice (FWP on the price sheet). A high volume dealer such in Virginia (e.g., Koons) will sell an ordered Wrangler for 7-8% percent below invoice (not MSRP) depending on the time of year. However, there will be a non-negotiable "document fee" which is higher than most other markets.

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

Yeah man, not sure what to tell you, multiple people here are getting discounts on the 4XE BELOW FWP (invoice). We are well aware of the difference between MSRP and Invoice. So is the dealer. I've contacted about 10 dealers, only a few are below FWP, most are MSRP or FWP.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
@JeepinShane Many of us are getting our 4xe's under invoice. In my case only 1%, but several others are getting a "5% below invoice" deal but they lose some of that discount through documentation fees and financing at the dealership. I'm sure the dealerships are not selling at a loss.

Most places in WA state are unwilling to go below MSRP on this new model, but some will and few out of staters will sell for FWP-5% or less.

Back in Nov, a salesman at my closest dealership wanted ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) on top of MSRP. Just last week, a different salesman at that same dealership agreed to FWP -3% for another customer. The pricing on these things is highly dependent upon your region, your dealership's volume, and even which salesman you speak to.

It sounds like you did well with your purchase and more importantly, you are satisfied with the price. Personally, I'm glad to be working with a forum salesman, PaulwithJeep. He did not provide the best price I've seen _since_ my day 1 order, but it was the best I found on that daly. I'm getting a good price from a local, in state dealership.

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also the current prices with included options are launch edition orders only. The when they are in stock at the dealers options will not be included like the alpine system, It will be a price upgrade.
that was an order. And yes I know treadlightly doesnt apply to 4xe, hence ppl are getting 5% off rather than 6-7% off invoice typically with theadlightly

DowntownTaco

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auffenbergcdjr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE, 2022 392 XR
Occupation
Jeep Sales
Yeah, I can't imagine doing 5% below invoice without some sort of catch, but every market is different. In IL doc fee is state regulated and capped at $303.63, so there's no opportunity to make up the cost there. We're a rather large dealer group and push volume, especially with stuff on the ground, but losing money on an order...

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
suggest you take a read of this thread - it’s long but you will see that on a regular wrangler it tends to max out at 8% below INVOICE, with many ranging 5-8% below invoice. Definitely depends on location, but driving a bit to get that kind of discount is a no brainer.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/

On the hybrid - seems like people were getting 5% below INVOICE, but some are now popping up at 6-7% below invoice.

normally at the 7-8% range about 2% of that comes from financing with the dealer (which you can easily refi) and 1% from tread lightly which is easy to get. Be careful of the dealer fees when comparing as they can vary a lot. Just do the math to figure out what’s best for you.

read a bit - save a lot. Don’t believe the dealer BS.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
suggest you take a read of this thread - it’s long but you will see that on a regular wrangler it tends to max out at 8% below INVOICE, with many ranging 5-8% below invoice. Definitely depends on location, but driving a bit to get that kind of discount is a no brainer.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/

On the hybrid - seems like people were getting 5% below INVOICE, but some are now popping up at 6-7% below invoice.

normally at the 7-8% range about 2% of that comes from financing with the dealer (which you can easily refi) and 1% from tread lightly which is easy to get. Be careful of the dealer fees when comparing as they can vary a lot. Just do the math to figure out what’s best for you.

read a bit - save a lot. Don’t believe the dealer BS.
AMEN

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
Invoice is NOT what the dealer pays for a vehicle.

I worked for a bank in operations before I started flying attack helicopters back in early 90s. We used to get the actual bank drafts that dealers pay to the factory and the comment section was always the VIN.
I got curious because the Jeep dealer then was offering deals at invoice saying that they needed to get them off the lot and was selling at their cost. So I went to the Jeep dealer with a vin number and asked for invoice price on the Cherokee and the invoice number was $22,000 (and change), my draft was drawn for $18000 ( and change).
They still ha w a lot of overhead and have to make money but don’t believe for a minute they are not making money at 5% below invoice.
Sponsored