Sponsored

How do I open the tailgate door from the inside?

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
You jest, but I was once dispatched to assist a lady locked inside her car. Upon arrival I found her in a panic locked inside her car because her key fob wasn't working. Should have seen her face when I told her to just push the unlock button on the inside of the door!!!

Remember back in the 80s when they passed all those laws that you couldn't have passengers in the back of pickup trucks anymore? Saved a lot of lives, that did. No longer did you have a bunch of rednecks drowning when the pickup went in the river and the passengers couldn't work the tailgate latch...

Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Both of my older two (18 & 19) first vehicles were manuals. My younger two (13) will learn to drive manuals as well. They get to learn on my 680 hp Corvette :)
Nice. Both of mine learned on dirtbike and our Samurai.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
@dchemphill1 - You sir, are a genius. There is no way I would have connected the dots to envision that. Thank you for sharing your great idea/work! Well done.
Thanks but I am not a genius...just know how to use Google and adapt what I read about or see. Thanks

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
If only there were something, maybe made of paper, in the glove box that explained all the features of the vehicle…
Unfortunately some of us buy used vehicles. I think there is a rule somewhere that when you buy a new car the first thing you do is take out the "paper thing" and throw it away.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Unfortunately some of us buy used vehicles. I think there is a rule somewhere that when you buy a new car the first thing you do is take out the "paper thing" and throw it away.
It’s a good thing pdf versions of the owner’s manuals can be downloaded for free 👍🏼

Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a good thing pdf versions of the owner’s manuals can be downloaded for free 👍🏼
OMG, they’re locked inside their vehicle! Nobody has time to learn how to read, download the Adobe Reader app and then the manual. Cripe, they might even be low on avocado dip. Come to your senses man!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How do I open the rear door from the inside on my JL, I can't see a latch anywhere?
Thanks
There is no way of opening the tailgate besides the outside handle. This is an intentional security design characteristic. When the tailgate is closed, it completely blocks the cargo floor from being lifted, via the molded in outcropping along the length of the lower portion of the gate. On a vehicle that could be doorless, the lockable center console and glove box are only good enough to keep honest people honest. Whereas, the rear cubby under the cargo area is designed to protect valuables from the real scumbags. If the locked gate could be opened from the inside, the cubby would offer no more security than the afore mentioned plastic lockable compartments.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I've found the marketing brochures but no owners manuals.
Not a problem though, I figured out which pedal to push down to make it do what I wanted, and it's not that important that the radio work.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I've found the marketing brochures but no owners manuals.
Not a problem though, I figured out which pedal to push down to make it do what I wanted, and it's not that important that the radio work.
Well for those who need one, a simple Google search like 2021 Wrangler owners manual will provide several links for free downloads 👍🏼
Sponsored