Sponsored

How do I stop the instrument panel lights from turning on when I open a door.

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I often sleep in my Wrangler when I go camping. The instrument & center panel lights are BRIGHT whenever you open the doors, even the back doors. I have covered them up with stuff, but it's kind of annoying. Is there any way to stop the screen from turning on just because I opened a door? It would be nice to open the doors without alerting everyone that I am doing so.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You need to channel your inner teenager and sneak out a window. 😀

Following.
I can turn off just about everything but the instrument and center panel. The most annoying part is that the dimmer switch will dim them quite sufficiently, but only if the marker lights or headlights are on. If your exterior lights are off then it's all "Nope! FULL BRIGHTNESS FOR YOU!"

Tazer JL does have a Dark Mode but I think it only turns off all lights in Park with the engine running.

OP
OP
tph88

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
The more I think about it, the more that seems a bit ridiculous to me, such poor design!

I can think of a lot of reasons besides camping why you might need to access your Jeep at night and not want the all the lights going on announcing your activities to the world.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
The more I think about it, the more that seems a bit ridiculous to me, such poor design!

I can think of a lot of reasons besides camping why you might need to access your Jeep at night and not want the all the lights going on announcing your activities to the world.
That would make a great Jeep commercial.

Jeep Wrangler quietly pulls into driveway, young boy and girl inside.
Boy leans in for a goodnight kiss, as the girl reached for the door handle.
Jeep lights up, and the whole neighborhood is lit up, neighbors all looking out their windows to see what's happening. Dad standing at the front door with a scowl.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
All I have to do is unplug the door wiring harness. My JLU comes special locks and windows that still work with the wiring harness unplugged.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Throw a towel over it?
Sponsored