Squeaky noise from inside the cargo area

moab JL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB, 2007 Mustang GT
Put some 3M Teflon tape along the upper edge of your tailgate that makes contact with your flip-up hatch rear-window’s rubber seals.

04D916E7-5E3A-41E7-B319-AEE749F52F0A.jpeg

1FB19749-4882-404F-8BFB-AF3D94E29BA2.jpeg
HOLY SMOKES!
It worked, No more squeaks. Simple to do and worth every penny.
Thank you for the info, pictures and link.
Sponsored

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I have the same rattle it is driving me insane it's like a tap tap tap.... when i go over uneven roads or vehicle goes side to side... just ordered the tape hopefully it solves my issue.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I have been hearing this squeaky noise/rubber rubbing each other like noise from the cargo area and it is very annoying. Brought it to the dealer and they greased all the rubber seals in the back. But it came back few days later.
Does anyone have same issue? I had JK before and never had this kind of problem.

Yes I do hear some squeek time to time but I honestly just ignore it . It is probably the way the hard top sits on the frame . It doesn't bother me a bit.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
I had a squeak in the cargo area every time I’d hit a bump. It was driving me insane. I put grease on the rubber part below the window and even 3m tape on the lip of the tailgate. Still squeaked! Finally got fed up and really investigated everything. The culprit....

Spare tire lugs weren’t tightened. I think the tire was rubbing against the rubber stop/guard. They were so loose I could tighten them by hand easily. Anyway- completely fixed the squeak! Just another solution in case the tailgate lip isn’t the problem.
Sponsored