2022 JLUR XR

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Great stuff! Looks like your (mostly) stock Rubi did great. Were you into your lockers much? I haven't done this trail yet in my (lifted on 35's) Sport but hope to one day.
You don't need lockers. I did this trail on 33's in my sport no problem.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Very cool video. It can be done with just a rear limited slip, 2" lift and 33's. Someone in our local club showed off to us a couple years ago, rest of us were in way overbuilt Rubicons. :)

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Did you do the Escalator? I'm going to Moab for the first time in June and was wondering about that obstacle. Looks pretty intimidating even on video but lot of folks seem to walk up it. (have also seen some tip-overs though...)

Did you ask about escalator? Hahahhaa

81ED3C19-2970-4F67-8D16-B250D0E87169.jpeg

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
A very nice video. Thank you for sharing.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, John. Looks like we might be neighbors. Let me know when you go; maybe I'd join. I did use my lockers a good bit, but mostly out of habit and to make me feel bullet-proof. I suspect I could have done 95% of it without the lockers. But I don't think I could have done it without the skid plates I added a few days before!
Hi Mike, that would be great. I’ve been going to Moab since 1987-but for the mountain biking, not Jeeping. Looking forward to exploring that country on 4 wheels instead of two. I am admittedly timid though when it comes to what I’m willing to risk… slow and steady wins the day for me. Thanks for the video and inspiration. BTW, I’m in Fort Collins.

Sponsored

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
Holy Hell that was amazing! Thank you for sharing! I have a completely stock Rubi and heading out to Moab in October for the Jeep Academy. This got me even more excited than I already was! Anyone have a recommendation for a good trail for Sunday morning after the academy for a novice before I head home in the afternoon?

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Holy Hell that was amazing! Thank you for sharing! I have a completely stock Rubi and heading out to Moab in October for the Jeep Academy. This got me even more excited than I already was! Anyone have a recommendation for a good trail for Sunday morning after the academy for a novice before I head home in the afternoon?
Onion Springs has over 20 water crossings, is fairly easy and has great scenery.

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Hi Mike, that would be great. I’ve been going to Moab since 1987-but for the mountain biking, not Jeeping. Looking forward to exploring that country on 4 wheels instead of two. I am admittedly timid though when it comes to what I’m willing to risk… slow and steady wins the day for me. Thanks for the video and inspiration. BTW, I’m in Fort Collins.
WHOAH! I have been going to Moab forever for mountainbiking and hiking, and have only recently gotten into four-wheeling. Kayaking, climbing and MTB come first, though I am admittedly geeked on wheeling right now seeing as how this is my first year of Wrangler ownership.
Last weekend, I rode two mtb laps on Slickrock and drove two laps on Hell's. Sounds like we might get along just fine! And I don't have many friends who 4-wheel at all. All my friends are paddlers and mountainbikers and climbers, and almost none 4-wheel.
I am a timid wheeler, too. I spend a lot of time scouting and taking video, and driving very slowly. I think Poison Spider is the hardest thing I ever plan to drive.
Find me on Facebook if you're on there--Mike Griffin. We should do a trip. There is a fun 4x4 trail outside Canon City, very near the Oil Well Flats mtb area, if you're interested in a multi-sport weekend closer to the Front Range than Moab.

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Right on, thanks. If Fins and Things is not part of the Academy, you could totally do that on your get-away day. Very fun and right next door to Hell's. Video of that is in my signature.
Oh-and consider adding an oil pan skid plate before you go. Not a complicated mod; doesn't require any other mods. But provides the ability to scrape over stuff you can't otherwise scrape over.
Sponsored