Sponsored

Head gasket?

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Hey guys, I believe I have a leaky head gasket, but figured I'd post here to get a second opinion before taking it in. Last night after I finished installing my subwoofers, I was sitting in my driveway idling and testing them. I noticed every 5 ish seconds a small white puff go past my window. This morning I went to double check, again small white puffs intermittently, and a small amount of fluid on the exhaust tip. Coolant level looks normal ish, oil level on the dipstick is normal, light brown color no milkyness noted.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hey guys, I believe I have a leaky head gasket, but figured I'd post here to get a second opinion before taking it in. Last night after I finished installing my subwoofers, I was sitting in my driveway idling and testing them. I noticed every 5 ish seconds a small white puff go past my window. This morning I went to double check, again small white puffs intermittently, and a small amount of fluid on the exhaust tip. Coolant level looks normal ish, oil level on the dipstick is normal, light brown color no milkyness noted.
Nah, you don't have a head gasket failure.

That smoke and fluid coming from the exhaust is just condensation forming from the temperature difference in the output exhaust gas, exhaust pipe temp, and ambient temp. Nothing to worry about.

You would have several other obvious symptoms if there was something more serious going on like a head gasket issue.