Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
You had one job.....
If they spent as much time doing the actual service as they did trying to enrich my "experience", maybe they would have got it right.
(upside down)
sXE1NJ4u_FXFcVxiP5ciiyS00F5Wc2qUvNnoTvgRVI72V0JfyM5U3A69GR7sDOIvmtwOZP9Y6tDT0YK-Fi=w1139-h854-no.jpg
Had mine done yesterday and my photo looks like yours (incorrect install).
I have an appointment tomorrow to have it corrected while I wait.
I'm going to insist they put in a 'new' one as I'm being told that driving it that way will damage it.

IMG_7915.jpg
Sponsored

flyingmonkey

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD), RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Had mine done today. Nothing wrong before the recall that I could tell, but thought it a good idea to have it on record that I did it. Steering is definitely tighter, but it seems almost too tight-more effort is needed to turn the wheel and it doesn’t track back to center as well. Seems like more adjustment is necessary while driving just to keep it straight than was needed before.
Only 20 miles in since the change, so I’m not sure if I like it...

Also, no green or white dot on mine, but seems to be oriented correctly.

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Had mine done today. Nothing wrong before the recall that I could tell, but thought it a good idea to have it on record that I did it. Steering is definitely tighter, but it seems almost too tight-more effort is needed to turn the wheel and it doesn’t track back to center as well. Seems like more adjustment is necessary while driving just to keep it straight than was needed before.
Only 20 miles in since the change, so I’m not sure if I like it...

Also, no green or white dot on mine, but seems to be oriented correctly.
I like the tightness. Feels like a sports car almost, haha. Too much wiggle room in the old steering so car would wander off sometimes if I wasnt fully paying attention.

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
So get this, I went into the dealer last week to make an appt to drop off 8/26 @3pm get a rental for a day, as I was told it would take a day for my work.

Tuttle Click Jeep Irvine (My time was wasted for two visits, so customers should know)
  • V41 Safety recall
  • TSB# 02-003-19 - Vehicle wanders and requires constant small steering corrections. his bulletin involves replacing the front track bar.
  • TSB# 18-041-18 Rev B October 16th 2018 - Excessive Blower Fan when AC is on
  • STAR case # S1608000150 - Buzzing from speaker
  • Driver window groans 3/4 going down
Never got a call today, called 2x and left 1 VM, no return calls.
I showed up dropped off loaner
went to service to find out not only was it not done but no one had touched or looked at it in 24hrs.

I was not happy, I told them I was driving off with the vehicle since the could not complete the work promised. This is beyond stupid, if I ran a business this way I would not be in business. They have the parts needed, but decided I was not important enough to start the work. Why take my car and tell me 1 day?

I have spoken since with the Regional Service Manager and he has promised me that he will fix this and win me back as a customer.

Stay tuned for details...
Go to the one in Tustin. They did the recall, oil, and fixed my tire. No issues.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Got my recall done today andddddd.....installed with the arrow facing backwards and the green dot pointing up. Told my advisor who drove with me back to the service bay and asked the tech who installed it if it was wrong. The tech literally grabbed my old stabilizer and said "Look, it's just like your old one" and stormed off. My advisor looked dumbfounded, chased the tech down and I guess talked to him a bit....then the tech comes back and tells me the stabilizer is just a piston and blah blah blah doesn't matter which way it's installed. I replied, so why is there an arrow on it with a green dot to orient it correctly? No idea he replied. I mentioned where I saw the FCA supplied instructions to orient it with the arrow facing the front and he said ok, I'll install it anyway you want. 5 minutes later I was on my way home with the stabilizer oriented correctly. What a mess and I've lost whatever confidence I had in my dealership service dept which had done great for the last year. I'm guessing these Techs just slap shit on the Jeep without instructions and call it a day now.

Sponsored

flyingmonkey

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD), RAM 1500 LARAMIE
I like the tightness. Feels like a sports car almost, haha. Too much wiggle room in the old steering so car would wander off sometimes if I wasnt fully paying attention.
I don’t know. It seems the polar opposite of what I was used to. I’ll give it a while before I make a decision. We’ll see how it does on the highway...

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine in. Don't see any new part at all. The sticker on mine says "580AB" and seems like it's dirty and has spray from the undercoat I did when new (2018 March). The ticket has some gibberish on it, no part number or anything..... nothing really said when I checked out today as I had oil change and other issues taken care of

toeshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
forget the label and use the green dot, bulge orientation.
Can you elaborate on where the green dot should be? I just had mine done but was in a hurry so couldn't check until I got home, and of course the arrow is pointing forward.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Can you elaborate on where the green dot should be? I just had mine done but was in a hurry so couldn't check until I got home, and of course the arrow is pointing forward.
Good question, in a perfect world if the arrow on label is pointing forward it is good to go. But we do not live in that perfect world, there are posts saying some have stickers that are backwards. So look at the dot and bulge, they should be at the bottom toward the ground.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by a jeep dealer employee that FCA is so screwed up it is hard to get good techs and techs to stay because of FCA.
I have a nephew who is a service manager and when he went to school almost 20 years ago, dealerships would visit before they graduated and would chase after the best students with nice financial offers to be one of their techs. These were not people from Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Nissan, Honda or Toyota chasing the best students with high offers. It was BMW, Mercedes, etc. The bottom of the class went to the other manufacturers.

I'm not saying none of those dealers have bad techs but at least when hiring in new inexperienced techs, the best went elsewhere.

Sponsored

jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
so i had mine done today and at first it felt tighter. On my way home i hit a RR track thats at a slight angle to the road and the front it felt to wobble a little. I never felt it before. should i have them put the old one back? or go with Rancho or Fox?

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
so i had mine done today and at first it felt tighter. On my way home i hit a RR track thats at a slight angle to the road and the front it felt to wobble a little. I never felt it before. should i have them put the old one back? or go with Rancho or Fox?
Mine did this when before it hadn’t. Mine and many others have been installed backwards. Look back a few post for photos of properly/correctly installed pics.

motor12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
retired
Had my V-41 done this morning, took 30 min. and was installed correctly. My dealership even offered breakfast tacos and coffee while I waited. with all the negative feed back about poor, second rate dealers thought it would be good to post positive feed back for a good dealership visit. :like:

btkrausen

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I had a great visit with my dealer but felt the V-41 fix didn't do anything whatsoever. I installed the Falcon 2.2 today and it's a huge difference.

tk2fast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2000 TJ, 2001 XJ
Had my V-41 done this morning, took 30 min. and was installed correctly. My dealership even offered breakfast tacos and coffee while I waited. with all the negative feed back about poor, second rate dealers thought it would be good to post positive feed back for a good dealership visit. :like:
I agree... it's nice to hear something positive about a dealer. The breakfast tacos & coffee are a nice touch!
Sponsored