Gorilla glass???

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
The dealer I bought mine from was offering "Diamond Coat". They said it's "unbreakable" AND repels rain better than Rain-X. Sounded shady to me, so I thought I better research first. Any hear of it?
Anything a Dealer does is shady. Everything they have is twice to 3X more expensive of the exact product you can buy anywhere else. I have heard of the product Diamond coat, but its drowned out by the Great reviews of the Gorilla glass. I live in Az and we go through windshields like Batteries. 2 years is a good life. I think I am going to do the Gorilla...

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Where does one get this?
I saw the dealer had it, but I'll bet you can get it at a windshield dealer. If you are replacing the glass about $750 or the film was much cheaper but the film scratches over time. PIA in my opinion.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
B
Gorilla glass is an imaginary, pretend feature backed by clever marketing that only the most gullible will spend their money and buy into. That “type” of glass is absolutely breakable and I’ve seen countless broken where the accident wasn’t even all that extraordinary. Great in concept, poor in execution.
But the fact is it will outlive at least 2 to 3 standard windshields. Perfect, NO , better YES.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
B

But the fact is it will outlive at least 2 to 3 standard windshields. Perfect, NO , better YES.
Wow! That's quite an improvement. Where did that data come from? Is that improvement averaged over a large population?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I joined the cracked windshield club 2 weeks after purchase. Had the window replaced at this local tint shop and the owner told me about this product similar to the screen protector on your phone. Showed me a video at this years Sima show he put a center punch to the middle of the windshield and it skipped off . So I had it added to my windshield for an additional $150 I’ve watched at least 3 rocks on the hwy bounce right off I couldn’t be happier
Time for a update.

How well did the windshield film hold up?

Would you still recommend it?

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! That's quite an improvement. Where did that data come from? Is that improvement averaged over a large population?
That is simply my own observation gathered from those the have them. That’s enough info for me to pay the extra.

BAKNBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT diesel
On the JK std windsheld MSRP $452 online dealers sell for around $310. Gorilla windshield MSRP $807 online $560.
Fast glass here you can get the std factory JK installed for under $200...not sure where your getting yours.

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fast glass here you can get the std factory JK installed for under $200...not sure where your getting yours.
Standard glass for a JL up here in Canada is around $400 with club discount. $200 for a JK.

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
we just went on vacation with got a crack (only 2 month old). In the middle of trying to get claim, another rock strike with sizable initial mark. Dealership says no warranty, Jeep Cares says no warranty, Mopar says no warranty. If you are looking at this window because of the warranty, dont buy, its vapor.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
we just went on vacation with got a crack (only 2 month old). In the middle of trying to get claim, another rock strike with sizable initial mark. Dealership says no warranty, Jeep Cares says no warranty, Mopar says no warranty. If you are looking at this window because of the warranty, dont buy, its vapor.
I found a part number 68522631AA for Gorilla Glass JL windshields. Just plugging in that number on a mopar parts dealer site, it shows up as a $1025 MSRP and discounted to $704 by that particular online Mopar dealer.

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
I found a part number 68522631AA for Gorilla Glass JL windshields. Just plugging in that number on a mopar parts dealer site, it shows up as a $1025 MSRP and discounted to $704 by that particular online Mopar dealer.
Yep, I will never buy GG again. Will not stop cracks, as all. No difference from regular windshields. No warranty, at least from new. Dealer, Jeep, Mopar all claimed no knowledge of any warranty and when I tried to show the published one, they all say the same thing "I dont know anything about that" When I say, I got time, go find out, they say, can I help you with anything else and REFUSE to talk about the GG window or the PUBLISHED warranty. Just dont buy because window is NOT better and there is NO warranty
Sponsored