Sponsored

Gorilla glass replacement?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I did a search but didn’t find anything. I need a new windshield…can I get the gorilla glass as a replacement?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Contact your mobile windshield replacement guy. He will be able to tell you better than anyone what is and isn't available.

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
My got hit with a rock at lunch, 1” from top edge. Cracked and by 3pm was all the down and across the windshield. Called safelite, rep says they only show one windshield for it. No gorilla glass, so still searching.

GeeGuid

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Rubi
My got hit with a rock at lunch, 1” from top edge. Cracked and by 3pm was all the down and across the windshield. Called safelite, rep says they only show one windshield for it. No gorilla glass, so still searching.
I remember looking at Safelite online and GG was an option. However, this was over a year ago and like $800, so I opted for the aftermarket glass for $250.

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I remember looking at Safelite online and GG was an option. However, this was over a year ago and like $800, so I opted for the aftermarket glass for $250.
Safelight by me offered either the OEM ($500) or aftermarket ($330) but no GG option.

Sponsored

jesnamy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bikini (Amy)
Got wife’s windshield replaced by safelite with gorilla glass. When I called I told them I wanted the mopar gorilla glass. Got it 2 days after calling. Stare farm - $0 deductible

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My windshield was replaced recently and despite numerous requests for Gorilla Glass, even if I had to pay extra, both the dealer service department and Safelite advised they couldn't get their hands on GG for Jeep's with ACC/Safety features. Maybe when supply chains catch up in 2030 this won't be an issue.