Sponsored

Gorilla Glass replacement via Insurance?

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
  • Banned
My windshield is fine, but if Gorilla Glass is on my window sticker as paid upgrade, shouldn't that mean insurance has to replace it with Gorilla Glass if it gets damaged, like a steel bumper, or front trail cam, etc?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
I would hope so but have no idea. I have it as well.

Mtjohnson84

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
My windshield is fine, but if Gorilla Glass is on my window sticker as paid upgrade, shouldn't that mean insurance has to replace it with Gorilla Glass if it gets damaged, like a steel bumper, or front trail cam, etc?
I'm not sure I would even want gorilla glass. The is my gorilla glass windshield after 24 hours off the dealer lot and one tiny pebble.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass replacement via Insurance? FC247170-F9E1-419C-BB5E-B9E91D7AA1A0

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I'm wondering this as well if I ever have to replace it!

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

It is not going to save your windshield if you live where I do with harsh winters and gravel. No I would not imagine the insurance company replacing glass with over priced gorilla glass.

USMCJL

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Jeep TJ, ‘20 Grand Cherokee, ‘21 Jeep Willy’s
Occupation
A320
It is not going to save your windshield if you live where I do with harsh winters and gravel. No I would not imagine the insurance company replacing glass with over priced gorilla glass.
Depending on how many years you have had your vehicle it could be under warranty.

MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY
Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
Damage caused by any other force such as an accident, large debris, fraud, falling objects or other acts of God are not warrantable. The damage from road debris referred to in this section is warrantable notwithstanding other provisions in the Mopar warranty.
Additional exclusions may apply

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Your insurance company will replace it with whatever it came with from the factory. Unless you’ve got a crappy insurance co.
Need to read your/their policy. Most will replace "with a compatible DOT certified part" or similar. Based on the warranty info above I'd say you're covered by Mopar for the first two years with Gorilla glass and then you'll likely get something that is a compatible replacement, PPG, Pilkington or similar. No guarantees it will be Corning/Gorilla based on my ~20 or so insurance replacements.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
My Jeep didn’t come with Gorilla Glass, but that’s all the local dealer quotes for the glass shops, so that’s what State Farm insurance has the glass shop install. My deductible is $500 and the GG was going to be $750 installed after waiting three days for the windshield to arrive. A local glass shop was able to install the OEM windshield the following morning for $505, so I just did that and skipped the insurance hassle. If/when it breaks again I’ll probably let them pay for the GG.

P.s. It always cracks me up when a bunch of people respond to a thread with, basically, “I don’t know”. Why respond at all if you don’t have an answer? Not grumpy, just curious.
Sponsored