First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I did not see the DOT certification on the GG windshield. I assume the aftermarket windshield does not meet DOT requirements?
Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I got my Gorilla Glass windshield in early September. I just finished a long road trip from Cincinnati, Ohio to Boulder, Colorado then Moab then down to Trail Hero in Hurricane, Utah then home to Cincy.

Over 3700 miles!

No cracks in the new Gorilla Glass!!!
@Silent Panda , Jason who did you have install your windshield? I'm up by kings island and my windshield just cracked. Exploring options for replacement.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My windshield is near unsafe at this point. I have full cracks from top to bottom and circular ones as well.

Anyone have experience with the gorilla glass replacement? I will be replacing windshields bi-annually at this rate.
As an aside, do you have no-deductible glass protection? I get mine from GEICO at a small premium over the standard comprehensive.

I lived in Evergreen for ten years. God's country.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I heard a couple days ago it was available, went to check it out, but no love for us with the forward collision warning system. Still waiting. I’d like to replace mid November after I get back from a Moab trip
I fear the FCW is going to be a curse in the long run

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I fear the FCW is going to be a curse in the long run
I don’t have it, but yeah. I was talking to the guy at my local glass shop last week while having a chip fixed. They are also a certified sensor alignment center. Apparently, you’re supposed to have the sensors realigned whenever you replace the windshield. Or install a lift. Or change tire size. Or... well, pretty much anything that alters the factory stance. He said some high end windshield replacements end up running from $2-3K after factoring in the sensor alignment.

As for Gorilla Glass, it was listed in his order guide, but there were no part numbers available for him to run pricing on. OEM installed was about $725, and what he claimed was the same glass without the Willy’s in the corner was about $375.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I don’t have it, but yeah. I was talking to the guy at my local glass shop last week while having a chip fixed. They are also a certified sensor alignment center. Apparently, you’re supposed to have the sensors realigned whenever you replace the windshield. Or install a lift. Or change tire size. Or... well, pretty much anything that alters the factory stance. He said some high end windshield replacements end up running from $2-3K after factoring in the sensor alignment.

As for Gorilla Glass, it was listed in his order guide, but there were no part numbers available for him to run pricing on. OEM installed was about $725, and what he claimed was the same glass without the Willy’s in the corner was about $375.
I have it, don't need gorilla, accept that it's a jeep. Try not to follow fill trucks. But it does complicate replacement.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Yep, it’s a problem. I went in for an alignment about a year ago and they said they can’t do it because it has FCW. Dealer scheduling was weeks out. So the independent shop agreed to put it on the rack and give me the print out of the alignment, but they wouldn’t adjust anything. That’s all I really needed anyway.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I just tried to order it through my local dealer and they said they can only find a part number for the JK. I'm really hoping to get this soon as my windshield has a big old crack in it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Gorilla Glass windshield in early September. I just finished a long road trip from Cincinnati, Ohio to Boulder, Colorado then Moab then down to Trail Hero in Hurricane, Utah then home to Cincy.

Over 3700 miles!

No cracks in the new Gorilla Glass!!!
Do you have a part number for it? Is it a Mopar or is it an aftermarket GG windshield? I'm asking because my brother just cracked his windshield on his Gladiator.

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score